• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LMT .308 MWS

Very nice.

What are your thoughts on the revolution compared to the mws?
I wished I had shot enough to give you a dependable answer- i have about 600 through the POF this past year and maybe 300 through the MWS, reliability thus far- 0 problems. That's with a United Nations of milsurp, Wolf, PMC and to some mystery FMJBT I found in a ziplock.
IMG_0067 3.jpg

so for that same reason+ I'm no marksman, I can't compare accuracy. I've been shooting 3 assorted magfulls at the same target at 100 and they're both blowing out fist sized holes. When I find a good amount of quality ammo, I'll try some proper comparative groupings.

With just a red dot and a mag, handling is worlds apart- the POF is well balanced, agile the difference in weight is well apparent, it does feel like a good AR15. The more stuff, scopes, bipods, cans etc I put on, the less that proportional difference is noticeable.
The fully ambi lower on the POF is nice to have, though I only occassionally use the bolt release- I do like the BHO inside the trigger guard- that is smart and I use it a lot at the range, when they call cold, mid mag to clear and hold open.

Shooting the POF from the shoulder, the recoil doesn't feel harder than the MWS, but it does feel different- it's also much better balanced than the MWS, easier to shoot strings, not as much work holding up the gun. On the bench with a bi pod, it's quite different- the POF wants to squirrel around, whereas the MWS is much more planted and easier to keep on target- its the opposite experience from shooting shouldered.

Shooting supressed through my 10 year old tech 2lb SRT Shadow XL, the POF is way better- 5 position, FAL style AGP that's easy to tune, no gas to the face, MWS got a bit sharper with the recoil and some gas- not unbearable though. Getting a new CH that will hopefully help a bit.

Like both rifles, but they're each purposed very differently, Revolution with a red dot or LPVO makes a handy field gun, scoped MWS is fantastic on the bench.

YMM of course, V

Reactions: long range sponge
Good
I wished I had shot enough to give you a dependable answer- i have about 600 through the POF this past year and maybe 300 through the MWS, reliability thus far- 0 problems. That's with a United Nations of milsurp, Wolf, PMC and to some mystery FMJBT I found in a ziplock.
View attachment 7540529

so for that same reason+ I'm no marksman, I can't compare accuracy. I've been shooting 3 assorted magfulls at the same target at 100 and they're both blowing out fist sized holes. When I find a good amount of quality ammo, I'll try some proper comparative groupings.

With just a red dot and a mag, handling is worlds apart- the POF is well balanced, agile the difference in weight is well apparent, it does feel like a good AR15. The more stuff, scopes, bipods, cans etc I put on, the less that proportional difference is noticeable.
The fully ambi lower on the POF is nice to have, though I only occassionally use the bolt release- I do like the BHO inside the trigger guard- that is smart and I use it a lot at the range, when they call cold, mid mag to clear and hold open.

Shooting the POF from the shoulder, the recoil doesn't feel harder than the MWS, but it does feel different- it's also much better balanced than the MWS, easier to shoot strings, not as much work holding up the gun. On the bench with a bi pod, it's quite different- the POF wants to squirrel around, whereas the MWS is much more planted and easier to keep on target- its the opposite experience from shooting shouldered.

Shooting supressed through my 10 year old tech 2lb SRT Shadow XL, the POF is way better- 5 position, FAL style AGP that's easy to tune, no gas to the face, MWS got a bit sharper with the recoil and some gas- not unbearable though. Getting a new CH that will hopefully help a bit.

Like both rifles, but they're each purposed very differently, Revolution with a red dot or LPVO makes a handy field gun, scoped MWS is fantastic on the bench.

YMM of course, V
Good info.

Yeah, I really like the revolution, obviously they were designed with different roles in mind but non the less it looks like the revolution is a winner.

Their new line up looks pretty good, I will pick up that 12.5 upper combo when available, I was actually considering a 12.5 piston for my CQB upper but I think this looks like a better option for me.

While I have never had any issues with my 10.5, I like the increased velocity and generally lower operating pressures, for my use,a shorter barrel is not going to make or break anything. A law folder will probably live on that rifle as well.

The one thing that I would be interested in that I dont recall hearing is shorter 6.5CM barrels

Well finally completed my 260 build. I put a Geissele sd3g trigger in. I put the 3.5 lb spring in. But its loose. Just doesn't seem right to me. But not sure, if that is just the way it is. Hoping if someone on here has put one on their rifle. Can chime in, and let me know anything. But overall happy with build.

Well finally completed my 260 build. I put a Geissele sd3g trigger in. I put the 3.5 lb spring in. But its loose. Just doesn't seem right to me. But not sure, if that is just the way it is. Hoping if someone on here has put one on their rifle. Can chime in, and let me know anything. But overall happy with build.
What do you mean "loose"?

Did you mean sd-e? The sd3g is more of a rapid fire trigger. It's smooth but has quite a bit of creep.

I have the sd3g in a sbr and have used the sd-e and hi speed national match in the mws.

Did you mean sd-e? The sd3g is more of a rapid fire trigger. It's smooth but has quite a bit of creep.

I have the sd3g in a sbr and have used the sd-e and hi speed national match in the mws.
To me it seems that the 3.5 spring doesn't hold it. Like the other spring. Let me see if I can post a video. The spring is lose.

Can't seem to upload video. But the top part of trigger just seems to weak vs the 4.5 spring it had on out of the box.

Has any received their rifle from Lmt that they ordered from last year?

It’s now been a full year for me and I assume for others as well.

just curious if anything has been shipped out as of lately.

Just traded for a NF 5-25 ATACR F1 with Mil-R. Going to try that on the MWS. I hope its not too big.

Post pics please! I've been kicking around going back to a 4-16 ATACR on mine, but wouldn't mind more zoom.

Also, I like the Mil-R reticle after all this time.

It doesn't get here until Monday. Traded with a fellow hider.

Still waiting on Barrel. I was the next to last name on the last shippment of barrels so hopefully it comes soon.

I have no clue either. Ordered a 20” 6.5cm barrel early 2020 through V1 with a estimate of November 2020. I’ve got no updates. Sounds like I might be a month ahead of you so will update here when I hear anything.
did you get the 6.5 20" from V1? Saw they were selling a bunch of them way above retail on gunbroker few weeks back.

Titan has been making good profit not putting his items in his online store and only in gb. Atleast as far as I've seen, makes sense though.

Reactions: Junkman768
I've talked to Russell at Titan a few times after seeing some items on GB. Asked if he had extras for sale at the Titan site price. It only panned out once but his suggestion was to pre-order whatever I wanted. They fill pre-orders before listing on GB.

Been busy spinning up Bartlein blanks into MWS barrels. Keep in mind some of these barrels weren't designed to be used in this rifle as can be seen with different colored cerakote. Ill attached some pictures showing a couple 14.5" .308 pin/weld jobs with mid length gas, 16" .308's with rifle length gas, 18" 6.5 creedmoor (FDE cerakote), and 20" 6.5 creedmoor. They are all shooters. There is also a 33" .308 picture I took as a joke once I cut the chamber before chopping, contouring and threading the rest of the barrel. Thought you guys might like to see what a Bartlein on an MWS can do.
[email protected]

330F3441-FA74-4D31-8E8C-EC79B45CDCF1.JPG
IMG_7639.JPG
IMG_7640.JPG
IMG_7700.JPG
IMG_7708.JPG
IMG_7711.JPG
IMG_7734.JPG
IMG_7776.JPG
IMG_7677.JPG
IMG_7732.JPG
IMG_7892.JPG
IMG_7684.JPG
63132258249__FEB63F05-04DD-448D-B8FD-F41932F32C73.JPG

Been busy spinning up Bartlein blanks into MWS barrels. Keep in mind some of these barrels weren't designed to be used in this rifle as can be seen with different colored cerakote. Ill attached some pictures showing a couple 14.5" .308 pin/weld jobs with mid length gas, 16" .308's with rifle length gas, 18" 6.5 creedmoor (FDE cerakote), and 20" 6.5 creedmoor. They are all shooters. There is also a 33" .308 picture I took as a joke once I cut the chamber before chopping, contouring and threading the rest of the barrel. Thought you guys might like to see what a Bartlein on an MWS can do.
[email protected]

View attachment 7561856View attachment 7561857View attachment 7561858View attachment 7561859View attachment 7561860View attachment 7561861View attachment 7561862View attachment 7561863View attachment 7561864View attachment 7561865View attachment 7561866View attachment 7561867View attachment 7561868
Will you do then for MRPs too?

Reactions: Leftie
Here's my LMT MWS 308 i purchased last year in original factory configuration
IMG_9765.jpg

To address over gassing I drilled and tapped the gas block.
20200908_134056.jpg

Not impressed with the 'Slick' forend and seeing heat wafting out the front of the forend i opened it up.
20201014_095830.jpg

20201015_080226.jpg

I purchased a 26" 6.5mm 1.250" parallel blank, a BAT machine receiver extension, SLR adjustable gas block and spun it up a 6.5CM barrel.
20200713_191533.jpg

Chambered, BAT extention fitted, semi-profiled at 20" and press fit collar fitted.
20200618_165430.jpg

Profiling completed, gas port drilled, muzzle threaded and ready for Cerakoting.
20200624_161616.jpg

While i was at it i Cerakoted the entire rifle and fitted it with a NF 4-16x42 ATACR.
20201122_085134.jpg

Now for the important question; How does it shoot?...
Its shooting 3/4MOA with Hornady 140g American Gunner. I'm happy with the restults and it should perform better with reloads.

Here's my LMT MWS 308 i purchased last year in original factory configuration
View attachment 7562403

To address over gassing I drilled and tapped the gas block.
View attachment 7562404

Not impressed with the 'Slick' forend and seeing heat wafting out the front of the forend i opened it up.
View attachment 7562408
View attachment 7562411

I purchased a 26" 6.5mm 1.250" parallel blank, a BAT machine receiver extension, SLR adjustable gas block and spun it up a 6.5CM barrel.
View attachment 7562414
Chambered, BAT extention fitted, semi-profiled at 20" and press fit collar fitted.
View attachment 7562416
Profiling completed, gas port drilled, muzzle threaded and ready for Cerakoting.
View attachment 7562417

While i was at it i Cerakoted the entire rifle and fitted it with a NF 4-16x42 ATACR.
View attachment 7562430

Now for the important question; How does it shoot?...
Its shooting 3/4MOA with Hornady 140g American Gunner. I'm happy with the restults and it should perform better with reloads.

That is impressive. Thanks for putting this up.

Reactions: FF05
Has any received their rifle from Lmt that they ordered from last year?

It’s now been a full year for me and I assume for others as well.

just curious if anything has been shipped out as of lately.
Ordered a lmt battle rifle from v1tactical on 2/14/20 that was supposed to arrive by early October of 2020. Still waiting...

Reactions: Lurp06x
Really cool to see that people are machining their own extensions for these rifles... And the results are extremely impressive!

Ordered a lmt battle rifle from v1tactical on 2/14/20 that was supposed to arrive by early October of 2020. Still waiting...
Same here. I ordered an LMT sniper rifle and it was due last June...I did get the MLC pistol that was originally due in August this past month. So they are shipping rifles again. Haven't seen anyone get a MARS-H though lately.

Has anyone re-profiled a 16" 308 barrel to save weight? I'm wondering how much weight can be taken off. I have a 20" 6.5 creedmore barrel, so for me, I'd like to make a 16" 308 configuration as light as possible.

Has anyone re-profiled a 16" 308 barrel to save weight? I'm wondering how much weight can be taken off. I have a 20" 6.5 creedmore barrel, so for me, I'd like to make a 16" 308 configuration as light as possible.
I’d rather dimple the barrel than re profile. Marvin Pitts at Nefarious Arms performs this service.

DBB7FF5E-C57F-4C20-968E-44463D3BA72B.jpeg

Last edited:
Thorbeast,

I had my barrel to be the same thickness through out the barrel length. Only regret I have, was not weighing it before I turned it down.
Although I will agree above that dimpling the barrel looks pretty slick 🤙

Semper fi
Horner

Attachments

• 20210301_070244.jpg
    20210301_070244.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 95
Reactions: blbennett1288
Post pics please! I've been kicking around going back to a 4-16 ATACR on mine, but wouldn't mind more zoom.

Also, I like the Mil-R reticle after all this time.
I've got that scope-started out on my Sharpshooter but I wanted more mag so put on a Vortex Gen2 3.5-27x-ATACR now on my KAC LPR and it's amazing.

My 16" factory LW barrel weights 1284 grams (2lbs 13.3 oz) including the VG6 gamma.

Originally I was hoping to take 8oz off... but I don't see how that's possible with the huge barrel extension. I'm thinking 5oz might be more realistic.

IMG_20210304_081449873.jpg

Thorbeast,

I had my barrel to be the same thickness through out the barrel length. Only regret I have, was not weighing it before I turned it down.
Although I will agree above that dimpling the barrel looks pretty slick 🤙

Semper fi
Horner
Looks like you only had the barrel taken down before the gas block? I was thinking about getting mine re-profiled after the gas block.

Looks like you only had the barrel taken down before the gas block? I was thinking about getting mine re-profiled after the gas block.

Thorbeast,

Yeah I only turned it down behind the gas block as I didn't really see the weight savings from gas block to muzzle. I don't believe it would be worth turning your factory barrel man. But that's my two cents 🤙

Semper fi
Horner

Ehh, maybe I’ll repost over in this thread too -

Spent a while trying to track down an LMT MWS recently and prices were crazy. Lucked into this PD trade-in for a great price this week and just arrived - taking to the range tomorrow.

Got a 6.5 blank coming next week to play around with converting over to the MWS extension profile. Anybody else do one themselves and have any tips? Trying to decide on a gas system length too, looking at 18” with a suppressor most of the time. Think a rifle length would work out?

2C01E0F8-7267-414F-843D-6E5776E93F34.jpeg