Vivacious Stallion

A Public Health "Authority" figure
Minuteman
  • Feb 27, 2019
    The Streets of USA, Baby
    The s3g is the best for rapid engagement close quarter stuff

Faster than any other trigger I know of
    But....long range not so great
    Hard to get used to know when she breaks...
    Cannot feel the first stage..lol
    I'm building my rig for near and far...so to speak...
    ]I'm seriously thinking about trading out to a nice 2 stage

I just got my 18 5r on
    So I'm gonna do some longer stuff hopefully this weekend and see how I do with the s3g with that
    Let me know how that ends up working out for you when you make it out to shoot. I'm not sure how near "near" is but you have quite a bit of scope on there for close shooting. My experience was with the sd3g is that its a fantastic trigger but that was not ideal for shooting past 50 yards. If I could've made it fit in my B&T APC9 I think it would've been amazing there. (I'm not trying to dump on your build, btw)

I moved some other parts around and shot mine at 260m the other day and got some good results with sh*t Tula 150gr (because its 45 cents a piece in nearly unlimited stock near me). I think I'm probably going to end up putting a 3-15x ish optic onto this rifle eventually but will use the lpvo with the pinned 13.5 barrel I have now. The 20moa ADM mount+XTRii has like 1.5mm of clearance at the objective lense.
    20210403_193536-1.jpg20210402_190418 - Copy.jpg20210402_184451.jpg

GUNNER10

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Mar 10, 2005
    md
    Snagged one of the 15.5" M-LOK stripped uppers off the LMT store and it just showed up today with a fancy sticker on it. Mocked it up with the 16" 308 barrel I have on hand. Definitely needs a spacer on the muzzle device if you have a QD-attach suppressor and want to do a 16 inch barrel - very tight fit.

View attachment 7605442View attachment 7605445
    Very nice.

I was not sure if it would take a 16 inch barrel and run a can.

Could you take a closer look at the gap between the can and the rail, and also a close up of what mount and rail?

I am wondering if a a dead air and combo would work here. Part of me would like to cut back my 20 inch 6.5CM barrel to 16 and run this upper.

Something like my 13.5 308,

Attachments

• 20181114-173228.jpg
      20181114-173228.jpg
      718 KB · Views: 60

jwramp

Photo Guy
    Minuteman
    Aug 19, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    www.jwramp.com
    Very nice.

I was not sure if it would take a 16 inch barrel and run a can.

Could you take a closer look at the gap between the can and the rail, and also a close up of what mount and rail?

I am wondering if a a dead air and combo would work here. Part of me would like to cut back my 20 inch 6.5CM barrel to 16 and run this upper.

Something like my 13.5 308,
    If you’re cutting, I’d just go 16.5. With a 16 you definitely would need a spacer behind the muzzle device. Here it is without one:

528EFF6E-B46B-4542-871E-CEFF6971011D.jpeg

GUNNER10

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Mar 10, 2005
    md
    Wow...

Definitely a tight fit.. It does look really good though, yeah, I think 16.5 would be a good call.

LMT/556

Supporter
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Dec 22, 2018
    USA
    @jwramp does it come with any M-LOK attachments for a bipod or anything?

I am having a hard time not picking one of these up...

Reactions: Snape315

GUNNER10

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Mar 10, 2005
    md
    Yeah.

I would like to grab one and have my 20 inch 6.5cm barrel cut back to 16. Would be a sweet little set up

• Love
    Reactions: MPD142

zekers7

Private
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Oct 26, 2017
    Just picked up a 15.5" Mlok rail from PA. Shocked its already avail + in stock

Reactions: jwramp

newguy2k3v2

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Sep 16, 2009
    College Station, Tx
    How tight are the MLK uppers around the gas block? I know the mlr is pretty tight.

And how much mlock is there on the bottom of the 15.5 upper? Has anyone found a dovetail section that fits in there well?

zekers7

Private
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Oct 26, 2017
    Its pretty
    How tight are the MLK uppers around the gas block? I know the mlr is pretty tight.

And how much mlock is there on the bottom of the 15.5 upper? Has anyone found a dovetail section that fits in there well?
    It's fairly tight. There's space but it takes some wiggling to get it out if there are mlok sections installed in front of it

mrtoyz

Armchair Commando
    Minuteman
    Jul 11, 2009
    Western WA
    See above post where my AAC muzzle device is recessed inside the rail. You need a good 1/4-3/8 of shims to get it out far enough for that can. Direct thread probably wouldn't be as bad.
    I was just trying to decide if I wanted a 15.5” MPR upper. This is a real bummer to see. Really wish they would’ve made this 15”. Damn
    So the threads started inside the handguard on your 16”?

jwramp

Photo Guy
    Minuteman
    Aug 19, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    www.jwramp.com
    I was just trying to decide if I wanted a 15.5” MPR upper. This is a real bummer to see. Really wish they would’ve made this 15”. Damn
    So the threads started inside the handguard on your 16”?
    Absolutely, yes. Gotta use shims if you don't want the muzzle device recessed on a 16" barrel.

mrtoyz

Armchair Commando
    Minuteman
    Jul 11, 2009
    Western WA
    Absolutely, yes. Gotta use shims if you don't want the muzzle device recessed on a 16" barrel.
    God damn... that sucks. Not well thought out. Not willing to shim that much and don’t want to shave the rail. 12.5” it is I guess

jwramp

Photo Guy
    Minuteman
    Aug 19, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    www.jwramp.com
    God damn... that sucks. Not well thought out. Not willing to shim that much and don’t want to shave the rail. 12.5” it is I guess
    Well it was clearly made for a 6.5 system with a longer than 16" barrel, so I wouldn't say it wasn't well thought out. Just not quite matching whatever you have in mind for a build.

mrtoyz

Armchair Commando
    Minuteman
    Jul 11, 2009
    Western WA
    Well it was clearly made for a 6.5 system with a longer than 16" barrel, so I wouldn't say it wasn't well thought out. Just not quite matching whatever you have in mind for a build.
    I’d agree with you if the MRP wasn’t a switch barrel platform for which they make the very popular size 16” barrel...

GUNNER10

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Mar 10, 2005
    md

Considering its a modular system, I am ok with things not being as refined as say a knights. The length may have been derived from a requirement in the socom test that required a 15.5 rail so it is what it is. Fwiw. The standard upper is perfect with the 13.5 barrel

20181114-173228.jpg

mrtoyz

Armchair Commando
    Minuteman
    Jul 11, 2009
    Western WA
    It was also an easy fix for me to mill off a fraction of an inch from the front and rock on 😎
    Lol. As much as I was really looking forward to the 15.5, I’m not sure it’d be worth trying to find someone to do that for me. Would really bother me to modify a brand new product. I must be weird.
    Yours did turn out nicely. Good job.

Maurygold

Supporter
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Dec 17, 2018
    Lol. As much as I was really looking forward to the 15.5, I’m not sure it’d be worth trying to find someone to do that for me. Would really bother me to modify a brand new product. I must be weird.
    Yours did turn out nicely. Good job.
    There’s a gunsmith d. Wilson who you can look up who is known for work on LMT and has posted a few handguards he has set back for people

79steeler

Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Jan 16, 2012
    I just purchased a LMT Mars H with a 13.5" barrel it has the Surefire Warcomp muzzle device pinned and welded, and LAW Folder. I'd like to see some pics of other 13.5 barreled LMT's with or without cans and scopes. Thinking about a vortex 1-10 for scope? Any issues with throwing a 7.62 Socom can on this setup, anything I should watch for, overgassing?

Kremvh

Supporter
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Mar 30, 2018
    Allen, TX
    I just purchased a LMT Mars H with a 13.5" barrel it has the Surefire Warcomp muzzle device pinned and welded, and LAW Folder. I'd like to see some pics of other 13.5 barreled LMT's with or without cans and scopes. Thinking about a vortex 1-10 for scope? Any issues with throwing a 7.62 Socom can on this setup, anything I should watch for, overgassing?

AslOBSc.jpg

Good idea. This is a SOCOM mini. No issues with gas at all.

Vivacious Stallion

A Public Health "Authority" figure
    Minuteman
  • Feb 27, 2019
    The Streets of USA, Baby
    I have a LW 13.5 barrel for mine. I've run a silencerco hybrid (which tends to be a low backpressure can) on it and had a decent experience. I use one of the clints heavy buffers with both barrels suppressed or not (7.5 Oz I think) before that the recoil was pretty excessive with the can. I have noticed that this 13.5 barrel groups seem to open up much faster than my standard profile 16". The razor 3 would probably be a good choice for your rifle. I find it's a good hog blaster to spam cheap m80 ball out of.

What do you plan on using it for?
    20210523_120334.jpg20210523_120134.jpg
    The lpvo is in a 1.93 height mount

Gasgun

Private
    Minuteman
    Mar 10, 2013
    The SureFire SOCOM is an excellent choice for LMT.
    I run one on my MWS. Smooth and reliable. Gun is stone stock otherwise. No heavy buffer, adjustable bolt carrier, or other fuckery.

Reactions: 79steeler

GUNNER10

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Mar 10, 2005
    md
    The Dead Air Sandman Series works really well with the 13.5 Barrel. My Gem-tech GMT-300WM was violently over gassing the system. Honestly, I have zero gas issues while running the K can

79steeler

Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Jan 16, 2012
    Thanks guys I'm super excited about this rifle. May do a second barrel in 6.5 Creedmoor. As far as use just a fun gun! I think this setup could do about anything!!! Thanks for the great pics!!!

Reactions: Vivacious Stallion

bikejunky

Private
    Minuteman
    Aug 2, 2007
    Ohio
    The Dead Air Sandman Series works really well with the 13.5 Barrel. My Gem-tech GMT-300WM was violently over gassing the system. Honestly, I have zero gas issues while running the K can

Gunner10

Your 13.5 is awesome and motivating me to put a spare MWS into the rotation. I have been kicking around the idea of cutting the 16” barrel to fit one of my existing suppressor systems but I would love an excuse to try a new suppressor like a sandman or Nomad. Is your 13.5 SBRed or are the 2.7” keymo muzzle devices enough to get to 16” with a pin and weld or am I missing another option?

thanks

GUNNER10

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Mar 10, 2005
    md
    Gunner10

Your 13.5 is awesome and motivating me to put a spare MWS into the rotation. I have been kicking around the idea of cutting the 16” barrel to fit one of my existing suppressor systems but I would love an excuse to try a new suppressor like a sandman or Nomad. Is your 13.5 SBRed or are the 2.7” keymo muzzle devices enough to get to 16” with a pin and weld or am I missing another option?

thanks
    Thanks.

The SOGW Nox mount should make 16. The standard DA mounts won't get you there.

The modularity and factory support makes it pretty easy for a pile of spare parts to grow into a second MWS. I actually just got my mars lower to complete my 6.5cm mws.

If you are thinking about surpressing a shorter mws, I would really recommend a low back pressure can. Surefire, dead air, OSS, are just a couple of manufacturers that have good reps for low pressure cans

bikejunky

Private
    Minuteman
    Aug 2, 2007
    Ohio
    Thanks.

The SOGW Nox mount should make 16. The standard DA mounts won't get you there.

The modularity and factory support makes it pretty easy for a pile of spare parts to grow into a second MWS. I actually just got my mars lower to complete my 6.5cm mws.

If you are thinking about surpressing a shorter mws, I would really recommend a low back pressure can. Surefire, dead air, OSS, are just a couple of manufacturers that have good reps for low pressure cans

Thanks for the info.

I have been trying to get a surefire 7.62 can for a while now and can never catch one. The Nomad is interesting to me too.

I currently run and oss ti on my MWS and it is great. I probably shouldn’t let the suppressor mounting system drive my purchase but I have made worse decisions.

thanks again.

79steeler

Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Jan 16, 2012
    Surefire 7.62 cans on Gunbroker, they have the Mini 2 as well. That's what I went with. Prices on Gunbroker run 999.00 so really not getting one cheaper than that.

bikejunky

Private
    Minuteman
    Aug 2, 2007
    Ohio
    Surefire 7.62 cans on Gunbroker, they have the Mini 2 as well. That's what I went with. Prices on Gunbroker run 999.00 so really not getting one cheaper than that.
    Well there is that… never thought of gunbroker for cans. Silencer Shop has me spoiled.

I appreciate this info!

jda2631

Private
    Minuteman
    Nov 10, 2009
    Mississippi
    Well there is that… never thought of gunbroker for cans. Silencer Shop has me spoiled.

I appreciate this info!
    Just FYI, and you may already know this, but if you are in Silencer Shop's system (if you've bought a can from them before), and your dealer uses SS, you can buy a can from anywhere (like gun broker) ship it to your dealer, then buy the stamp on SS website and use SS for the form 4 so that all of the info is already in SS system and done. You can start a form 4 without ever walking into your dealer's shop, SS will email you all the forms to docusign just like if purchased from SS directly.

If the can doesn't come from SS, and you use them for transfer, your dealer will likely charge you a transfer fee though. So may want to inquire ahead of time before buying can.

bikejunky

Private
    Minuteman
    Aug 2, 2007
    Ohio
    Just FYI, and you may already know this, but if you are in Silencer Shop's system (if you've bought a can from them before), and your dealer uses SS, you can buy a can from anywhere (like gun broker) ship it to your dealer, then buy the stamp on SS website and use SS for the form 4 so that all of the info is already in SS system and done. You can start a form 4 without ever walking into your dealer's shop, SS will email you all the forms to docusign just like if purchased from SS directly.

If the can doesn't come from SS, and you use them for transfer, your dealer will likely charge you a transfer fee though. So may want to inquire ahead of time before buying can.
    I am learning.

I asked about this as an option from one of the GB sellers and have already heard back from them. Just waiting on confirmation from my local dealer and transfer costs.

Like Gunner 10 mentioned, it is funny how parts turn into additional rifles and rifles require new suppressors.

This thread is getting expensive… but in a good way!

Reactions: jda2631

GUNNER10

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Mar 10, 2005
    md
    Thanks for the info.

I have been trying to get a surefire 7.62 can for a while now and can never catch one. The Nomad is interesting to me too.

I currently run and oss ti on my MWS and it is great. I probably shouldn’t let the suppressor mounting system drive my purchase but I have made worse decisions.

thanks again.
    Yeah,

The nomad seems pretty cool, from what dead air says it's not as low pressure as the Sandman, but lower than a tradition can of its same volume. I have been tossing the idea picking up a Kac can for my SR25. While I don't think there's a ton of magic involved in can design, it would be pretty cool to have a matching can.

Reactions: bikejunky