• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LMT .308 MWS

Thanks.

The SOGW Nox mount should make 16. The standard DA mounts won't get you there.

The modularity and factory support makes it pretty easy for a pile of spare parts to grow into a second MWS. I actually just got my mars lower to complete my 6.5cm mws.

If you are thinking about surpressing a shorter mws, I would really recommend a low back pressure can. Surefire, dead air, OSS, are just a couple of manufacturers that have good reps for low pressure cans

Thanks for the info.

I have been trying to get a surefire 7.62 can for a while now and can never catch one. The Nomad is interesting to me too.

I currently run and oss ti on my MWS and it is great. I probably shouldn’t let the suppressor mounting system drive my purchase but I have made worse decisions.

thanks again.

Surefire 7.62 cans on Gunbroker, they have the Mini 2 as well. That's what I went with. Prices on Gunbroker run 999.00 so really not getting one cheaper than that.

Surefire 7.62 cans on Gunbroker, they have the Mini 2 as well. That's what I went with. Prices on Gunbroker run 999.00 so really not getting one cheaper than that.
Well there is that… never thought of gunbroker for cans. Silencer Shop has me spoiled.

I appreciate this info!

Well there is that… never thought of gunbroker for cans. Silencer Shop has me spoiled.

I appreciate this info!
Just FYI, and you may already know this, but if you are in Silencer Shop's system (if you've bought a can from them before), and your dealer uses SS, you can buy a can from anywhere (like gun broker) ship it to your dealer, then buy the stamp on SS website and use SS for the form 4 so that all of the info is already in SS system and done. You can start a form 4 without ever walking into your dealer's shop, SS will email you all the forms to docusign just like if purchased from SS directly.

If the can doesn't come from SS, and you use them for transfer, your dealer will likely charge you a transfer fee though. So may want to inquire ahead of time before buying can.

Just FYI, and you may already know this, but if you are in Silencer Shop's system (if you've bought a can from them before), and your dealer uses SS, you can buy a can from anywhere (like gun broker) ship it to your dealer, then buy the stamp on SS website and use SS for the form 4 so that all of the info is already in SS system and done. You can start a form 4 without ever walking into your dealer's shop, SS will email you all the forms to docusign just like if purchased from SS directly.

If the can doesn't come from SS, and you use them for transfer, your dealer will likely charge you a transfer fee though. So may want to inquire ahead of time before buying can.
I am learning.

I asked about this as an option from one of the GB sellers and have already heard back from them. Just waiting on confirmation from my local dealer and transfer costs.

Like Gunner 10 mentioned, it is funny how parts turn into additional rifles and rifles require new suppressors.

This thread is getting expensive… but in a good way!

Reactions: jda2631
Thanks for the info.

I have been trying to get a surefire 7.62 can for a while now and can never catch one. The Nomad is interesting to me too.

I currently run and oss ti on my MWS and it is great. I probably shouldn’t let the suppressor mounting system drive my purchase but I have made worse decisions.

thanks again.
Yeah,

The nomad seems pretty cool, from what dead air says it's not as low pressure as the Sandman, but lower than a tradition can of its same volume. I have been tossing the idea picking up a Kac can for my SR25. While I don't think there's a ton of magic involved in can design, it would be pretty cool to have a matching can.

Reactions: bikejunky
Black River Tactical EZTune gas tube for the LMT vs factory LMT gas tube.

7DB36476-787F-4428-8475-52F056ADAB53.jpeg

Thats a pretty crazy difference in diameter. Which version did you get? I know they have the different variants for 100% or 50/50 suppressed use. I've been looking at picking one of these up for my 13.5 barrel.

Good news guys V1 Tactical just called an my rifle is being sent to my to my FFL now!

Hell yeah.

cant wait to get it!

Reactions: 79steeler
Any of you LMT MWS aficionados happen to pick up a spare 15.5” upper reciever that they wouldn’t mind parting with to help a fellow hide member out?

Lol. Need to pick one up but I'm stuck on the other side of the planet.

Any of you LMT MWS aficionados happen to pick up a spare 15.5” upper reciever that they wouldn’t mind parting with to help a fellow hide member out?
I saw one in the exchange/for sale thread. Its a quad rail if I remember correctly it was $800.

Lol that was mine I sold. That’s the 12.5” Handguard. I am looking for the longer 15.5” upper reciever.
Hilarious! I was at work and on a break when I read your post. It didnt even register that you said 15.5" when I read it. Secondly I didn't even know 15.5" MWS uppers existed.

Well I guess I learned something in the process of trying to help you find your own listing 🤣🤣🤣. ^^^Inserts foot in mouth^^^

L129A1 in stock at Primary Arms for you LMT lovers

Reactions: 79steeler
Good news guys V1 Tactical just called an my rifle is being sent to my to my FFL now!

Hell yeah.

cant wait to get it
Ordered my LMT from V1 about 8 months ago. Scheduled delivery date was 1 June 2021. I have not heard anything.

What was your scheduled delivery date?

Ordered my LMT from V1 about 8 months ago. Scheduled delivery date was 1 June 2021. I have not heard anything.

What was your scheduled delivery date?
I had a MWS scheduled for Nov. 2020 and MLC pistol scheduled for Jan 2021; haven’t seen either.

I really want to get a 18" 308 barrel but don't feel like spending that much for an endless wait. Seems my 21" noveske 308 conversion which has always been a hammer gave it up.

Well mine just came in today I ordered this in Feb of 2020.
So stoked that she finally came in.

Attachments

• 0088EA23-C909-4F63-B5F3-9A54CEBB507F.jpeg
    0088EA23-C909-4F63-B5F3-9A54CEBB507F.jpeg
    550.3 KB · Views: 262
  • FD0D198E-F1F5-41A9-8EB8-3ADD0C33E5E3.jpeg
    FD0D198E-F1F5-41A9-8EB8-3ADD0C33E5E3.jpeg
    465.9 KB · Views: 547
What’s interesting is my Receiver is marked Milan, IL USA with what looks like the old LMT logo. My hang tag says receiver was built and inspected in mid May 2021.

I bought my MWS a few years ago, did not know anything about the L129A1 at that time. Learning about it and picked up a couple 762K cans. Found some info on the L129A1 and figured it might be a direction to pursue. Got the ACOG for a good deal, so figured I needed to get the FDE furniture now too. Its a pig to be sure, about 94lbs in that pic ;) It just has the standard MWS 1:10 barrel, not as accurate as some bolt guns, but seems to shoot everything very well - not finicky about ammo. With FGMM 175gr SMK its consistently putting five rounds into an inch at 100-yards. Portuguese ball is also about an inch.

20210116_195151.jpg

I just got word yesterday that my 20" 6.5 Creedmoor barrel shipped. I ordered it last November when I ordered a MLK MWS Sniper Rifle in 7.62.

Hopefully, the rifle will be along shortly. When I ordered the rifle, I also bought a 16" 7.62 barrel that was in stock. I will have 3 barrels when it all gets here.

MLKMWSK-MARS-2.png

I just got word yesterday that my 20" 6.5 Creedmoor barrel shipped. I ordered it last November when I ordered a MLK MWS Sniper Rifle in 7.62.

Hopefully, the rifle will be along shortly. When I ordered the rifle, I also bought a 16" 7.62 barrel that was in stock. I will have 3 barrels when it all gets here.

View attachment 7643223
Awesome glad to here your barrel is shipping.

where did you order your stuff from?

Good to hear @Woollymonster! Shot my LMT 260, the other day. Shot smooth. Didn't think it would be so smooth. Considering it being an ar10. No complaints, on my end. I'm sure yours will be the same once you get it.. Also you got the extra barrels, nice!

Reactions: Woollymonster
For you guys with experience shooting the MWS suppressed:

How do they function given there is not switchable gas block?

- Do you have to worry about overpressure?
- Is there a lot of crap blown back in the action, magazine and, in your face?

I have a couple of 30 cal cans that I will try when the rifle arrives.

For you guys with experience shooting the MWS suppressed:

How do they function given there is not switchable gas block?

- Do you have to worry about overpressure?
- Is there a lot of crap blown back in the action, magazine and, in your face?

I have a couple of 30 cal cans that I will try when the rifle arrives.
They function flawlessly and will cycle absolutely anything due to the monster of a diameter gas tube hole, which causes them to be grossly overgassed.

Your BGC, ammo, and mags will be absolutely caked with blow back when using it factory configured.

I have switched to the BRT EZTune gas tube, as seen below on the right, and hope this helps. I have yet to use it in the current configuration. This is my last ditch attempt before rebarreling and going with an AGB.

9F2E296D-DD9C-41B6-88F2-09F98942030F.jpeg

Reactions: Jsp556
They function flawlessly and will cycle absolutely anything due to the monster of a diameter gas tube hole, which causes them to be grossly overgassed.

Your BGC, ammo, and mags will be absolutely caked with blow back when using it factory configured.

I have switched to the BRT EZTune gas tube, as seen below on the right, and hope this helps. I have yet to use it in the current configuration. This is my last ditch attempt before rebarreling and going with an AGB.

View attachment 7644300

You need to get out and shoot this already so you can tell me if I need to spend my 🤑

Got my 13" barreled LMT .308 finished. Law folder, Surefire Socom 7.62 mini can, and Razor 1-10 Mrad scope. I was hoping it would be lighter, but still came in almost 12lbs fully loaded. Will get it out as soon as they lift the stage 2 fire closures here in Az.

Attachments

• 20210607_083954.jpg
    20210607_083954.jpg
    386.3 KB · Views: 2,378
  • 20210607_084205.jpg
    20210607_084205.jpg
    375.4 KB · Views: 625
Upper receiver didn’t show up until last night, so I haven’t tested it out yet. Unless I can track down a 15.5” receiver, this is the finished product. Might add an offset red dot but that would be about it.

View attachment 7646169
View attachment 7646170
I looked at the 15.5 upper as well. Shitty thing is, it won’t work with a 16” barrel and can. Your choices would be to cut the rail back or get a longer barrel :cautious:(n):cautious:(n)
Sounds like LMT is making some changes to the 15 rail design though. One can hope…

Got my 13" barreled LMT .308 finished. Law folder, Surefire Socom 7.62 mini can, and Razor 1-10 Mrad scope. I was hoping it would be lighter, but still came in almost 12lbs fully loaded. Will get it out as soon as they lift the stage 2 fire closures here in Az.
Is that with the standard barrel or the lw contour? I can't help but think that mini is going to be LOUD on there. Mine is on 10.5 5.56 and 300blk

@mrtoyz 15.5” rail and a 16” barrel will work for me with the Dominus. I have 1/4” to spare it looks like.

View attachment 7646355
View attachment 7646356
View attachment 7646357
View attachment 7646359
Interesting there have been a few people have tried this and it didn’t work. In fact when I contacted LMT, they said they knew it don’t work and that that a slightly shorter hand yard was one of the changes to the design they were planning.
It looks like you have a brake there that allows for the extra 1/4”

Lol that was mine I sold. That’s the 12.5” Handguard. I am looking for the longer 15.5” upper reciever.
I have a slick side MWS upper I’d be willing to part with

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    787.9 KB · Views: 160
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    812.6 KB · Views: 148
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    813.8 KB · Views: 135
Interesting there have been a few people have tried this and it didn’t work. In fact when I contacted LMT, they said they knew it don’t work and that that a slightly shorter hand yard was one of the changes to the design they were planning.
It looks like you have a brake there that allows for the extra 1/4”
It’s not a brake, but the design of the Dominus. The Area 419 adapter also gives me some wiggle room, ~1/8”.
I have a slick side MWS upper I’d be willing to part with
thanks picked up an MLOK receiver

Reactions: HogsLife
I don't think any suppressed 13." .308 would be hearing safe, but the can should cut down on the muzzle blast and drop it 25 db's. I'll have to check on the barrel as far as contour. I usually wear ear pro when I shoot suppressed rifles. My .300 blackout with subs and my .22's with subs would be the exception.

I don't think any suppressed 13." .308 would be hearing safe, but the can should cut down on the muzzle blast and drop it 25 db's. I'll have to check on the barrel as far as contour. I usually wear ear pro when I shoot suppressed rifles. My .300 blackout with subs and my .22's with subs would be the exception.

My Sandman Cuts down the blast significantly at my ear. Experimented with foam earplugs all the way in, halfway in, and out for one shot, and While I definitely would not recommend sustained fire with out hearing protection, If one need to take a single shot say for hunting or to dispatch an injured animal I think it would be ok. If I was going to go out to the range or mountains and shoot for a few hours, I would absolutely wear plugs or ear muffs

The two port brake alone is pretty bad with a loose earplug, would not considering taking any shot with that thing with no protection on.

Very nice set up,

Just remember that the MWS is modular and just because its currently 12lbs, does not mean that it can't shed 3 pounds pretty quick depending on where your doing.

Pull the can, swap out the LPVO for a T1/Eotech, and Sopmod for CTR and that thing is going to rip as a heavy carbine. Maybe depending on what barrel you are running, you could probably knock off a pound going to the the lightweight barrel and losing the Law folder.

If you are going to do more accuracy type stuff, or something that may ride around in a vehicle most of the time, I see no issues with 12lbs.

MWS's are fun and spare parts tend to grow into complete second rifles.

Speaking of modularity, today I got my 6.5CM barrel from V1 (June alloc.) which brings another issue, I don't have an optic for it.

My initial idea was to have 2 barrel/optic setups:
1. Battle rifle (current one) - 16' 7.62 CL LW barrel with LPVO (currently Razor-E 1-6)
2. LR setup - 20' 6.5CM with some high mag scope - Cronus BTR, Delta Stryker, Burris XTR III

However, I'm pleasantly surprised how accurate the 16' barrel is with a wide variety of ammo, plus I also have an 11.5' Colt EPR which also needs an optic.
So I'm thinking instead of having two separate optics for the MWS, to get a compact scope with 18 to 20x magnification (NF NX8, XTR III, Eotech Vudu) plus an offset RMR, maybe on a Badger Condition One mount. By doing this I will better utilize the accuracy of the 16' barrel and avoid switching optics, plus I will put the Razor on the Colt, so I will be a cool kid with an LPVO on a short barrel rifle.
As a drawback, I'm thinking about the increased weight on both guns, plus I don't have any experience with offset red dots so I don't know how close in terms of speed and cqb usage they are compared to LPVO with good 1x.
What do you guys think? Should I stick up to the original plan and buy a decent high mag scope for the MWS and probably Aimpoint T2 for the Colt or the other option is better?

Reactions: USGILT