• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LMT .308 MWS

You sir, are a better man than I.

Appreciate the compliment man, all in all the new free lower has given me the ide to build a Danish contract overrun build. Just picked this upper from titan defense the other day. I've got the lmt sickness! ?

Semper fi
Horner

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200310-121256_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200310-121256_Samsung Internet.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 139
Reactions: Jsp556 and ltong29
At least they got you a new lower. What are the specs on the new upper? Barrel length and profile? I did not even know lmt had a contract with that agency. The mws seems to be adopted all over the place! I cant wait until my mlok battle rifle gets here. October is a long way off!

At least they got you a new lower. What are the specs on the new upper? Barrel length and profile? I did not even know lmt had a contract with that agency. The mws seems to be adopted all over the place! I cant wait until my mlok battle rifle gets here. October is a long way off!

I can't speak for HornDog, but the ones sold directly from LMT had 16" Stainless Steel barrels and an A2 style flash hider

IMG_20200110_153811.jpg

Very cool. I wonder just how many contracts lmt has for the mws system? The big ones like the british, New Zealand, Estonia, etc are well known but there have to be a lot of police contracts, too. I never knew about the Danish police until just now.

Reactions: Centuriator
OK, guys...riddle me this. I have my super-dooper, fully loaded, tricked out precision rifle version LMT MWS in .308. I swapped out the 16" chrome lined barrel it came with, so I have a 16" barrel.

I'm developing an itch for "just" a plain Jane LMT MWS Battle Rifle with a 16" barrel, perhaps a LPVO, lower power, regular butt stock.

What would you do?

Well it's just the reciver that I purchased, but another form member was selling a barrel so I picked up a 16" 308. Its just something to put on my new lower, most likely will bear, moose, caribou, varmint, hog hunt, etc... Ill tell you what, if they keep putting out contract overruns I'm going to need a bigger safe!

Can anyone confirm if the Lancer L7 Advanced Warfighter Magazines work well or not with the .308 MWS?

Thanks

Hello all,

Has anyone seen a reasonable priced lmt mws bcg anywhere? Seems $400 is the base line, I need another one for my Danish lmt. Thanks for any info ?

Semper fi
Horner

Hello all,

Has anyone seen a reasonable priced lmt mws bcg anywhere? Seems $400 is the base line, I need another one for my Danish lmt. Thanks for any info ?

Semper fi
Horner
Cheap New retail before all this was $332 + shipping, not sure what you consider reasonable. If .mil/LEO/first responder proven arms will order. Primary Arms and tombstone tactical were around that price before the lockdown. Is this a want or a need?

Cheap New retail before all this was $332 + shipping, not sure what you consider reasonable. If .mil/LEO/first responder proven arms will order. Primary Arms and tombstone tactical were around that price before the lockdown. Is this a want or a need?

LMT556 it's more of a want than a need as I already have one bcg that I could swap between rifle's. This in my mind, would be a convince to not have to swap everytime I wanted to shoot one of them.

Semper fi
Horner

Used off any of our EE forums, ar15.com, m4carbine.com, snipers hide. Primary Arms runs a 12% off from time to time, my last new MWS 16" CL barrel was $347.
Great. Exactly the kind of stuff I was looking for. I guess the best bet is to check them out on a regular basis and see when a good deal or sale pops up.

Reactions: LMT/556
I purchased a LMT 308 BCG last fall for $336.60 using my military discount and the total was 376.00 with CA tax and shipping.

Hard to believe any competent gunsmith would damage the lower like that. It appears he can’t see well either. I see the punch was not even centered in the hole.

This post reminded me that I purchased a LMT enhanced trigger guard from V1 last fall and I just installed it this evening. It’s not difficult, but you must support the ear on the other side when removing and installing the roll pin.

BTW, I have a large hand and installed a Rite-Pull extender and a Sierra Precision grip that gives me a perfect trigger perch.

xlarge.jpg

I ordered a 20" 6,5 Creedmoor barrel for my MWS, might take some time for it te get here but in the mean time i would like to have a plan for reloading for it.
What loads are you guys running in your 6.5 MWS? Any small primer users?

Thanks to titan defense, I got my lmt mws in. I originally ordered a 13.5 lw cl barrel since that is what came with the mlok battle rifle version of the mws. Since that had not shipped by lmt by the expected date, I just asked the 13.5 to be replaced by a 16 inch of the same type - chrome lined, lw profile. Basically the exact same thing except a 2.5 inch longer barrel. Not only did titan defense promptly respond, but they shipped within the same week despite how crazy things are since the corona virus. Big thumbs up to titan defense!

Hello all,

Just giving a long overdue update, my south American lmt mws is stitched back together like Frankensteins monster. I finally got the all the parts, tools, and time to fix the trigger guard ear on my lower that a former "gunsmith" at my local shop broke the ear off. I talked to the shop owner and this cat talked himself up pretty good as he apparently fucked up a number of guns and is out on the streets now. Either way the lmt is together again and I have to give a shout out to Tx_Aggie for the trigger guard repair article! I also appreciate all the other ideas everyone has floated, truly a great forum to be on ?

Now I own a south American lmt and a Danish police lmt as well, because of out of control spending ?

Semper fi
Horner

Attachments

• 20200406_145232.jpg
    20200406_145232.jpg
    513.4 KB · Views: 214
  • 20200406_145225.jpg
    20200406_145225.jpg
    505.4 KB · Views: 205
  • 20200406_145217.jpg
    20200406_145217.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 224
  • 20200406_121127.jpg
    20200406_121127.jpg
    305.1 KB · Views: 238
Primary Arms has 20” 6.5 Creedmoor factory SS barrels in stock as of last night. Just ordered one.

Nice grab-they gone. I have the 24" (and a 22" that I haven't shot yet) and am amazed at how accurate it is with Hornady ELD 140gr. It's actually sub moa even on bad days for me-which is about 1/2 the time.

Reactions: HornDog87
Picked up this LMT MWS 308 with 20' CL barrel today (minus the suppressor, not allowed in my State). It will be a while before i get hands on, licensing, ect. in this country just got a whole lot slower with COVID19.

20200420_082842.png

So, Luth AR, Magpul Gen 3 or the LMT stock for distance shooting?

It all depends on your shooting style. Some folks like a precision stock like the PRS or Luth AR to give them the maximum customization and flexibility for their shooting position. Others are fine with something like the standard LMT stock that is only adjustable for length of pull. Personally I'm fine with the LMT stock and no longer use my PRS for that purpose.

The LMT sopmod is a fine stock, even for precision work. I tried my friend's LMT DMR stock and really liked it - the weight difference is hardly noticeable but I didn't feel it contributed to more precise shooting. It is, however, a very cool looking stock.

Hey, team, I appreciate all the information that is available here. This is a huge asset. I’ve had my MWS 7.62 for about a year now. It is a 16 inch chrome lined barrel. I’ve been shooting 168 gr Hornady Black and am honestly shocked at the accuracy at 400 yards which is the longest I’ve been able to shoot. I’m about to purchase an OSS suppressor for it. I will be having d.wilson do a cut pin and weld adapter when it is time.
I’m wondering what barrel to cut?
SS tend to be more accurate. Faster twist stabilizes heavier/slower bullets. Longer chamber to gas port length (should?)increase dwell time and help accuracy and reduce back pressure.
Im going to ask LMT what the chamber to gas block distances are of the 18 and 20 inch barrels. I’d like to still keep the block inside the handguard.
End goal being the most accurate barrel, lowest back pressure, and able to stabilize wide range of bullets. Might as well ask for perfection and hope I land close to it, right.

Debated back and forth on what 308. And value for money I think the lmt are the best bang for the buck.
Now the decision is buy it piece meal or save up and just buy the rifle.
Any suggestions on vendors other than v1tactical for parts...should be able to order the lower receiver by June

Debated back and forth on what 308. And value for money I think the lmt are the best bang for the buck.
Any suggestions on vendors other than v1tactical for parts...should be able to order the lower receiver by June

Titan Defense has parts & possibly complete rifles. Riflegear and Brownells both have lowers & might alkso have complete rifles. The separate upper receivers can be purchased either directly from LMT, or from any of the stores mentioned above.

Reactions: smellslikemuff
I’d look locally for a gently used model if your state allows private transactions without a 4473. JMO