• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LMT .308 MWS

I run a SICO Hybrid on my 16" and 13.5" barrels (as well as shot it with my sandman s that's in jail once). The recoil with the hybrid on the stock gun was "violent". I put the XH (8.5oz) buffer in and it makes the gun acceptable suppressed with low back pressure cans. I know some people say the surefire cans are better with the stock gun. Maybe they are a little, but my friend who has that setup is now changing to the XH buffer after he borrowed mine. In my opinion, running the XH buffer is an improvement shooting with or without a can with no change to reliability.

I also have the unsuppressed BRT gas tube as well and that combination seems to be the closest happy medium for my setup. However, as others above have said above, the best suppression cans tend to have some of the highest backpressure. The Nomad is a good can but its definitely higher BP than a overbored can, sandman, or surefire. If you go that route you'll probably be better off going straight to a true adj. gas block and not messing with the tubes.
With the XH 8.5oz do you run a BRT EZTune or Factory Gas Tube?

I have a sandman k that's great on my mws, but you should really reach out to DA. They have large social media presence and this is something that they would be best situated to answer.
I've reached out to DA and will let you guys know what they say if/when they get back to me.

Regarding your second comment on muzzle vs ear, I was just reading about that last night. the bottom line I found is that suppressors really are just for the shooter's benefit, which in this case prioritizes lower pressure like you said.

I don’t have hands on experience with the OSS, nor do I own a Sandman, but this is my humble opinion of someone who is currently in the same situation as you and has been testing and researching.

Backpressure and suppression seem to share an inverse relationship. If it suppresses well chances are it’s higher backpressure. If it’s low backpressure chances are it’s louder than the competition. The suppression levels are all relative because it’s only a couple dB usually. There are some exclusions to this and we will get to that eventually.

There are 2 ways to moderate gas:
1.) Buffer weights
2.) Gas Moderation

Gas moderation can be achieved with an adjustable gas block, smaller gas tube, or adjustable gas key.

Having shot the LMT with everything from XH to H2 and factory gas tube to 100% suppressed gas tube I can say that for me, with my cans, there is no combination that I find acceptable in a mid length system, granted it runs fine and is up to the intended accuracy standards.

I personally believe that running a LMT MWS suppressed requires an AGB. I am on this step of the process and waiting for a barrel from Lothar Walther with a rifle length gas system.

If I was starting out and looking at suppressors I would pick something that manufactures recommend on their large frame gas guns. FN developed theirs around Surefire. HK recommends OSS and they don’t have an adjustable gas system on the MR762. The sandman K I shot on my MWS was better than any of my cans.

Exception is over bored cans, so anything greater than 30cal. I have run a 338 ultra and SiCo hybrid and it certainly brings the gas levels down compared to a 30cal can.

I hope this helps you in your search for a can for the MWS
Thanks for the tips. I've looked more into it, and saw a post from some time ago where a user stated an LMT rep. recommended they use an RCA adjustable gas block. I was originally opposed to modifying the gas system because I was under the impression it would be macgyvering something together; but if there are reliable ways to go about it then I consider it worth considering.

I've also heard of the idea of using over bored cans, but if anything I would probably max out at 7.62x51 and work my way down to 556, and I imagine a 338 can on a 556 may be overkill haha.

I run a SICO Hybrid on my 16" and 13.5" barrels (as well as shot it with my sandman s that's in jail once). The recoil with the hybrid on the stock gun was "violent". I put the XH (8.5oz) buffer in and it makes the gun acceptable suppressed with low back pressure cans. I know some people say the surefire cans are better with the stock gun. Maybe they are a little, but my friend who has that setup is now changing to the XH buffer after he borrowed mine. In my opinion, running the XH buffer is an improvement shooting with or without a can with no change to reliability.

I also have the unsuppressed BRT gas tube as well and that combination seems to be the closest happy medium for my setup. However, as others above have said above, the best suppression cans tend to have some of the highest backpressure. The Nomad is a good can but its definitely higher BP than a overbored can, sandman, or surefire. If you go that route you'll probably be better off going straight to a true adj. gas block and not messing with the tubes.
Interesting. I may experiment with some buffers regardless than. It's also funny that you mention Surefire, because I had also heard how much people like them with the LMT MWS, but when I looked them up saw they cost twice as much and crossed them off. Turns out I was looking at the titanium version instead of standard, which is much closer in price. Although the standards are out of stock everywhere, due to their much closer price point, as well as some other points like less muzzle flash vs the HXQD, it's replaced the Nomad L and is also what I'm leaning towards overall.

I've reached out to DA and will let you guys know what they say if/when they get back to me.

Regarding your second comment on muzzle vs ear, I was just reading about that last night. the bottom line I found is that suppressors really are just for the shooter's benefit, which in this case prioritizes lower pressure like you said.

Thanks for the tips. I've looked more into it, and saw a post from some time ago where a user stated an LMT rep. recommended they use an RCA adjustable gas block. I was originally opposed to modifying the gas system because I was under the impression it would be macgyvering something together; but if there are reliable ways to go about it then I consider it worth considering.

I've also heard of the idea of using over bored cans, but if anything I would probably max out at 7.62x51 and work my way down to 556, and I imagine a 338 can on a 556 may be overkill haha.

Interesting. I may experiment with some buffers regardless than. It's also funny that you mention Surefire, because I had also heard how much people like them with the LMT MWS, but when I looked them up saw they cost twice as much and crossed them off. Turns out I was looking at the titanium version instead of standard, which is much closer in price. Although the standards are out of stock everywhere, due to their much closer price point, as well as some other points like less muzzle flash vs the HXQD, it's replaced the Nomad L and is also what I'm leaning towards overall.

@Mageever

I’ve been running a Sig SLX in 5.56 on a 10.5” AR for about 6 weeks now…it’s a seriously impressive suppressor. On the same host it’s noticeably quieter than their SRD suppressor and MUCH less back pressure. From the shoulder it feels like only a slight bump in bolt speed. I get no gas in my face and the remaining rounds in the magazine only have a very slight dusting of carbon…it’s barely noticeable. All these observations are very subjective but I have a fair amount of suppressor experience. It hasn’t been released yet but I think the 7.62 version would pair quite well with an MWS.

It has been a year and a half and I am still waiting on the lmt I ordered from v1tactical. I think it is safe to say I won't be paying for something in advance that is firearms related again. Sigh.....

Reactions: diverdon
It has been a year and a half and I am still waiting on the lmt I ordered from v1tactical. I think it is safe to say I won't be paying for something in advance that is firearms related again. Sigh.....
It sucks but it is what it is at this point. They only know what LMT tells them as far as projected lead times. I talked to John the other day and he said they’re all over the place. Some things come early, some are way behind. At the mercy of LMT’s production schedule and ability.

Reactions: Lurp06x
I am in the same boat. Placed an order for a MWS and MLC; won’t be pre-paying anymore either. I knew it was going to be awhile, so I’m not exceedingly upset; however, LMT exudes a certain demeanor that they really don’t give a shit. Supposedly they stopped taking orders to fulfill their backlog, but then they release a bunch of stupid length variation uppers, etc. I don’t know the inner workings of LMT, but surely these releases are minimizing manufacturing resources?

I have received everything I've ordered from V1Tactical earlier than the allocation said. I think they do the best they can, and they didn't price gouge like some of the other suppliers. There is another supplier I'll never buy from again.

That being said, I'd prefer if they charged when shipped.

I’m in the same boat! Been a year and half waiting on my MARS-L lol, thankfully it’s only a lower and not a full rifle. Hopefully soon for us!

I picked up a Mars cqb that he had in stock the other day. Lmt must have done a big run of Mars-h Lars since this are in stock at a lot of places presently.
The only thing I’m waiting on is a 18” 308 barrel I ordered in June or July with a September estimate.

I blame the faggoty Facebook groups..

One can not really blame facebook for waiting to place an order in until the biggest run on guns happens in the past 20 years with a smaller defense contractor that has International mil contracts to fulfill in light of the China virus limitations.

You have two options, place a order with one of the vendors, get a good deal, and hang tight. Two, you can hit up any of the Facebook groups, equipment exchanges or gun broker, pay a premium and get your stuff this week

If you are not a fan of either of those options you can simply place an order when there are less riots, pandemics and a fresh democratic politician in office.

Prior to all this bs, It took two weeks for Kac to fulfill my sr25 order. It took lmt about 2 days to send out my 6.5 barrel and full auto 308 BCG.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thorbeast
I’m in the same boat! Been a year and half waiting on my MARS-L lol, thankfully it’s only a lower and not a full rifle. Hopefully soon for us!
Think it took around 10 months for my two mars lowers to show up from v1. One L, one H.

What did you order?

Any reason you chose the back order route vs premium to get it now from say gun broker, the EE's or FB groups?

I work overseas so backorder work great for me, but if I was back home, fuck that,

I got my LMT that I ordered from FEBRUARY 2020 on June 2nd, 2021. John from V1tactical said I was the first to receive a reference rifle from Lmt in over a year. People just need to wait.

I know there is a long wait but that is how things are currently.

Reactions: Tono and Thorbeast
Can't blame LMT or V1 for the current situation. To be honest, I think it's great that you can put your name on a list with V1 and wait for parts to roll in at msrp or better pricing, it sure beats the only alternative of having to actively look for in stock parts at premium prices. Sure, you don't know when your V1 parts will come in, but you know you aren't getting a bad deal and you know V1 isn't taking your money and disappearing.

I have an LMT BCG I ordered in Dec. from V1 and still not here! 9 months on a BCG I know there is nothing retailers can do but it still sucks!

The secondary market is your friend.
In case anyone in Ga. is looking…

Not my ad.

I have an LMT BCG I ordered in Dec. from V1 and still not here! 9 months on a BCG I know there is nothing retailers can do but it still sucks!
Just ordered one over the phone on Friday. I really like V1 because it seems like the only place that doesn't necessarily charge MSRP (or more :mad:) for LMT items...*cough* Tombstone *cough*🖕🖕

Anyway, he mentioned that they have continued to push their allocations back because of how badly LMT keeps missing target dates. Currently they show allocations for December but he said those were originally for September. Either way, glad to order one for 15% off MSRP and V1 is always extremely helpful over the phone👍👍

Reactions: Tono and Lurp06x
Just ordered one over the phone on Friday. I really like V1 because it seems like the only place that doesn't necessarily charge MSRP (or more :mad:) for LMT items...*cough* Tombstone *cough*🖕🖕

Anyway, he mentioned that they have continued to push their allocations back because of how badly LMT keeps missing target dates. Currently they show allocations for December but he said those were originally for September. Either way, glad to order one for 15% off MSRP and V1 is always extremely helpful over the phone👍👍
I have a 10/20/20 308 BCG order with V1 that I am still waiting for. Mine was a March allocation.

I have had money down on a Bronco for over a year (07/14/2020). Sometimes it pisses me off a little. Once in a while Ford sends me an email telling me how happy I'm going to be when I get it. I think to me self, that's not how it's supposed to work. You're supposed to deliver the vehicle, then I tell you if I'm happy with it.

It sucks but it is what it is at this point. They only know what LMT tells them as far as projected lead times. I talked to John the other day and he said they’re all over the place. Some things come early, some are way behind. At the mercy of LMT’s production schedule and ability.
Joe from LMT addressed this in an LMT Q&A video on youtube. He said LMT does not tell V1 when they are getting "allocations" and that they make that up themselves. I dont buy from V1 unless they have an item "in stock" becuase they are otherwise selling stuff they dont have, and if you cancel they charge you extra to "restock" stuff they never had to begin with.

Joe from LMT addressed this in an LMT Q&A video on youtube. He said LMT does not tell V1 when they are getting "allocations" and that they make that up themselves. I dont buy from V1 unless they have an item "in stock" becuase they are otherwise selling stuff they dont have, and if you cancel they charge you extra to "restock" stuff they never had to begin with.
I just found one of Jo’s posts where he explained it. At the time of order LMT gives an estimate on when it will be filled. V1 says they pad the estimate by 30-90days+ at this point because Lmt has been so erratic.

Has anyone here been burned by V1, or did everyone eventually get what they paid for?

Edit: I just spoke with John. He was able to clarify my concerns. Thanks fellas.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tono
Not happy with cancel fee but a tip to avoid that is to cancel and ask for store credit, for full credit. Can always apply to in stock stuff.

Hey guys, Just a heads up but its looking like LMT is starting to get caught up in orders, and more supply is getting out there. I just picked up a Gen 2 Piston BCG from LMT Direct, A shovel nose from V1 and 12.5 Piston barrel from Titan. I was not necessarily looking for a 12.5 piston set up but everything was in stock and I figured why not,

Prices are a little higher than the last time I sourced a completed MRP upper but so is everything else.

You're going to like that 12" piston. I got one last year and it is smokin' accurate. Suppresses remarkably well (OSS can). My favorite AR.

Reactions: GUNNER10
You're going to like that 12" piston. I got one last year and it is smokin' accurate. Suppresses remarkably well (OSS can). My favorite AR.
Nice.

How does it shoot compared to DI uppers? Notice anything with the piston set to suppressed vs unsurpresssed?

Would of preferred a 12.5 specwar but I figured that LMT has really done a good job of refining their lineup to finally mess around with one of their piston setups.

I am thinking that the 12.5 Shovel nose paired with my Sandman K could replace my 10.5 MRP CQB, In theory it should be a better suppressor host and the velocity bonus is nice as well. the Mid length 14.5 MLC may now find itself with some manner of LPVO.

I dont know that I really notice much difference between DI vs piston except that piston has a really smoothed out recoil. That and it is really clean. I like them so much that I have a lot of them. I usually don't play with the settings as I want them to function, but with an OSS you don't need to dial it to suppressed gas settings. 12" is the sweet spot before getting to excessive noise and reliability issues. The new shovel nose would be nice for extended bipod radius but I didn't get mine for bench use. Throw on a razor 1-10 and you'll be very happy.

Reactions: GUNNER10
Stag arms upper on a mws mars h lower.....

#idemandaFA
#FAupperslivesmatter

20210921_124334.jpg

20210921_124350.jpg

I'm considering a Mars-H with the 20" 6.5cm. While I've read a few threads on running these suppressed, is the general consensus that they are overgassed from the factory? I'd sure hate to drop that much coin and not be able to run a can.

Run my 20" 260 Rem with no issues. Not sure how much difference the creedmoor is. But, no issues. I read how lots of people need a heavier buffer. Runs great, can't complain.

Reactions: 346ci
I'm considering a Mars-H with the 20" 6.5cm. While I've read a few threads on running these suppressed, is the general consensus that they are overgassed from the factory? I'd sure hate to drop that much coin and not be able to run a can.

Running a can here with no issues.

Consensus is pretty much everything LMT makes is overgassed. In their live chat on YT last night with Joe Hajny, he stated they're currently doing testing on reducing gas port diameters because of how prevalent cans have become.

I have an OSS in jail right now for this very reason.

Reactions: GUNNER10 and 346ci
Thanks guys, I'm surprised to not see an adj gas block as an option unless they believe it will no longer be reliable. With past experience on large frame ARs, I can say they are sometimes tough to get running right.

Thanks guys, I'm surprised to not see an adj gas block as an option unless they believe it will no longer be reliable. With past experience on large frame ARs, I can say they are sometimes tough to get running right.
If you read around these parts, some of the reduced port size gas tubes are pretty popular for these systems. Seems like a decent option for keeping the gas levels down closer to the source, instead of only relying on a heavy buffer.

Majority of mil dudes (primary market for LMT) shouldn’t be dicking with adjustable gas blocks. Plus they (LMT) would likely have a significant increase in customer service contacts which the solution would be “adjust the gas”…

Reactions: smann123
Consensus is pretty much everything LMT makes is overgassed. In their live chat on YT last night with Joe Hajny, he stated they're currently doing testing on reducing gas port diameters because of how prevalent cans have become.

I have an OSS in jail right now for this very reason.

While I am pretty firm in my belief that people running the appropriate cans for their set ups would address the overwhelming majority of overgassing issues, not just in LMT but across the board, I would welcome refinements to the gas system. I will grab one of the new barrels when they come out.

The issue is people are drawn towards extremes. like the idea that they want the most reliable weapon on the planet, which often means over gassing to an certain extent, stuff from LMT and FN for example, People are also drawn towards the quietest can on the market and when these two things are combined, things get weird. Scars Crack Carriers, LMT's overrun bolts overrun the mag and have increased recoil.

I think highly efficient, great sounding cans have their place, especially for stuff like JP's and custom fun builds.

JP VMOS- this probably has been brought up before but I have missed this thread in a long time. But, has anyone used the JP VMOS in their LMT? I have a surefire sup. I am waiting on and thought about using one if they will actually work. Thanks