• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LMT fixed iron sights with Eotech EXPS

Armorman

Tactical Farmer
Minuteman
Sep 27, 2009
Rural Alberta
New guy to AR's here so here's <span style="text-decoration: underline">another</span> newbie question for the experts....
smile.gif
. I have a new LMT CQB MRP coming and I want to mount an EOTech exps3-0 that I already own for my optic. Anyone else running a similar combination? I'm just wondering if the fixed sights will prevent me from acquiring a proper sight picture through the EOTech. Perhaps some folding MBUS or troy sights would work better? Any helpful comments or thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.

Re: LMT fixed iron sights with Eotech EXPS

The fixed sights will definitely index through the Eotech in the lower 1/3 of the window. It'll work but if you want an unobstructed view through the Eotech, you'll want foldable front and rear sights.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mattmcg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The fixed sights will definitely index through the Eotech in the lower 1/3 of the window. It'll work but if you want an unobstructed view through the Eotech, you'll want foldable front and rear sights.

</div></div>

+1, sell the LMT fixed sights, and get a set of folding BUIS. I like Troy , but lots of other good BUIS out there.

I've found that the LMT sight is not that obstructive for me... it only is when I have tight cheekweld, otherwise if you're kind of loose with our cheek weld during rapid fire, you won't notice the sight, especially with the exps as it's raised 7mm.

I'd still suggest a BUIS like Troy.

Looks like folding sights are what I'm looking for. Since this is my first AR I wasn't sure what to expect with the fixed irons and the EOtech combination. Thanks for the help!

I ran my eotech 516 with fixed lmt sights for a while. It didn't obstruct my view being in the lower 1/3. I eventually replaced the rear with a folding arms sight because I got it cheap. I still run the fixed front and don't even notice its there.

I run LMT Fixeds with an Eotech on a SIG 556. It works for me.