• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LMT MRP barrel conversion

DBMG

Private
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 7, 2010
www.dbmg-llc.com
DBMG has a new sytem for converting all standard AR barrels to fit MRP uppers. have you wanted a lighter barrel in your MRP? looking for better accuracy then the standard barrel? This gives you choice of any AR barrel made with out changing the standard barrel extension.

Re: LMT MRP barrel conversion

working on the MWS now, first up a 260. Yes there is recent post on ar15.com with a cusotmer thread under barrels, good review of the system.

when i burn out the 10.5, I will diff be interested! How much will the conversion be?

The coversion price is $149.95, includes shipping back to you.

Here is a pic from a customers conversion.

P1000828.jpg

Now I wish I did not get rid of my MRP. That was a problem for their 6.8 barrels. I wanted to drop another barrel in but it was never an option.

do we send in the gas block/gas tube also? the MRP bbls have straight gas tubes

All we need is the barrel you do not need to send in the gas block or gas tube.

Thank you

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DBMG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All we need is the barrel you do not need to send in the gas block or gas tube.

Thank you </div></div>

For the price it is a great deal! I will be sending in a 11.5 SS once I find a bbl I like!

very cool the guys at LMT did not say no but hell no to me on an extension for my .458 socom.

I've been waiting for some one to come along and provide this service that everyone has been wanting for so long.

Now I have to think up barrels and start ordering
grin.gif

I've been dying to get a 24", rifle gas, stainless barrel with a 1:8 twist and proper size gas hole.

So you're telling me that I just buy a barrel that meets those specs and you guys will add the barrel extension and the appropriate gas block and tube for $149?

We will do a MRP conversion, the price does not include gas tube or gas block. We thought it would be better to keep them seperate because there are so many options in gas blocks, and some gas blocks are fitted to the specific barrel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DBMG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We will do a MRP conversion, the price does not include gas tube or gas block. We thought it would be better to keep them seperate because there are so many options in gas blocks, and some gas blocks are fitted to the specific barrel. </div></div>

so we request which gas block we want? Like low pro gas block etc?

No you buy your own gas block and gas tube, the choices are endless. if you buy a Noveske barrel they include a gas block and tube, you would purchase the combo from Noveske, then we would convert to MRP platform

Are you going to do this for the LMT 308 as well? It would be awesome to have a Bartlein tite bore .308.

What torque wrench is that?

This sounds great.

Will you be doing different calibers (I didn't see that mentioned anywhere specific)?

I'm interested in several calibers like 6.5 Grendel & 6.8 SPC II but have also lusted after a .458 Socom as well.

TIA

Thank you. It was only a matter of time before someone would tap into this and offer the enduser more options.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Snape315</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This sounds great.

Will you be doing different calibers (I didn't see that mentioned anywhere specific)?

I'm interested in several calibers like 6.5 Grendel & 6.8 SPC II but have also lusted after a .458 Socom as well.

TIA
</div></div>

Unless I misread the op, if you provide the barrel and that is a caliber that works in the platform then you're gtg.

So a 20 inch match barrel will now fit on my MRP!?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ryu_sekai</div><div class="ubbcode-body">when i burn out the 10.5, I will diff be interested! How much will the conversion be? </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DrDeath</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So a 20 inch match barrel will now fit on my MRP!? </div></div>

Correct any barrel or caliber AR barrel that you can purchase can be converted for the MRP. Only issue I could forsee would be perhaps putting say a DPMS Panther bull barrel in may not work to to clearance within the free float tube.

DBMG now has Noveske Recon and Afghan barrels converted to MRP in stock.

I'm looking at installing a 20 inch RRA Match/ wilson barrel .... Will it work?
And you will supply the gas block and tube?

What's the turn around time?

Yes it will work, no we dont supply gas block or tube
Turn around is 48 hour Guarantee

Thank you

What is the price of your noveske barrels that you have in stock. If it doesn't come with the gas tube, where can we buy one. Also, I don't see the gas tube brace. Is that a big deal or no?

The pricing is also on our web site, $599.95 includes low profile gas block and gas tube. no we dont use a gas tube brace.

Thank you for your interst,
Dennis

Ok. I thought you guys supplied the gas block and tube.... Do you sell them?

We can get any gas block or tube you want, depending on availability

Have you considered making the conversion adapter out of something more lightweight? I don't know how feasible that is but, if possible, it would definitely be a plus especially for the MWS.

On the MRP - its a 16inch barrel midlength system.
If I was to install a 20inch barrel- rifle length system , would this look dumb- because I believe the gas block and some tube may be showing....? Right?

DBMG now has Daniel Defense 16" pencil barrels in stock with low profile gas block, converted to MRP.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DBMG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DBMG now has Daniel Defense 16" pencil barrels in stock with low profile gas block, converted to MRP. </div></div>

Any pics of the finished product?

Nice! How about a pic angled in to see how the gas block fits under the hand guard. Which gas block?

Also, is this the exact barrel you're using for this?
Daniel Defense 16" lightweight middy barrel cold forged

If it is, this is the exact barrel that I was looking for. If the gas block looks good, I'm in!

004.jpg
Low profile gas block on barrel, not the Daniels Defense that comes with the barrel but very close.

Is the gas block using taper pins or is it clamped?

Also, is the base barrel the same as what I linked to above?

Pinned, also can use the bolt on gas block. Yes that is the same barrel.

Turn around time is Guaranteed less then 48 hours, We are located in WA