• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LOL Black Rifle Coffee Company - also, coffee snob thread V2.0

Actually it’s a specific species from Africa.
Not so much soil specific as the low yield you mentioned has only specialty growers willing to commit to it.

I have some geisha grown in it’s native ground on the way soon.

Yeah I remember the yield thing was the big part. When I first saw it I was like WTF why is this like 3-4x the cost of the others.

Hey, at least it isn't monkey picked tea.

I posted in the other Fuck Black Rifle Coffee thread.

here's a year's supply of Sumatran and Rwandan (shipped free)

View attachment 7743972

View attachment 7743973

TheGerman said:

Would you consider a blind test and review?

You obviously have the more experienced palate.

I'd seriously like to have your opinion, it's only $42 after all.

@ $42.99......for 2lbs
Might want to try a blind taste test?

View attachment 7743971
I tried that.
It’s good but not volcanica good.

The volcanica is like one of those legendary cuban cigars with distinctive and clean flavors.

Reactions: Jim Out
Yeah I remember the yield thing was the big part. When I first saw it I was like WTF why is this like 3-4x the cost of the others.

Hey, at least it isn't monkey picked tea.
That la candela estate volcanica is a cheaper alternative and they also grow a fantastic geisha.
The estate beans have a really enjoyable and distinctive raspberry/ dark chocolate ice cream flavor.

i like jbm, but haven't had any in many years.

Kyle should start his own coffee company. Pedo Slayer Coffee Company. I don’t care if it’s rebranded Yuban. I’d buy it before I took BRCC for free.

Attachments

• EB94789B-4E65-41AA-809C-739218ABB936.jpeg
    EB94789B-4E65-41AA-809C-739218ABB936.jpeg
    99 KB · Views: 63
That la candela estate volcanica is a cheaper alternative and they also grow a fantastic geisha.
The estate beans have a really enjoyable and distinctive raspberry/ dark chocolate ice cream flavor.

This is the general area we're looking at.

Just missed 159 acres. :(

I don't see why this wouldn't be as popular as the wine estates to tourists.

Reactions: NoDopes
Yeah, fuck BRCC. Anyway, do you have any recommendations for a grinder? I e heard talk of burr grinders? Looking to get into a better pour over. I e been down the French press and Aero-press route for a while.... getting tired of them.
The Breeville has worked well for me.

i used a french press when i lived in wales. their idea of "good" coffee at the office was Nescafe.
not a snob though. i can drink whatever, but prefer light or medium roasts.

i used a french press when i lived in wales. their idea of "good" coffee at the office was Nescafe.
I like a dark roast on cheaper coffees.
A nice French or Italian.

On the good stuff it just cooks out the amazing flavors so light and medium is definitely the way to go.

Reactions: Zip Detmer
Except for that antigun company knife next to it.
😂

That knife has been retired.
It’s sitting on my work bench now and is just a beater knife now.
It has been a good knife surviving horrific treatment.

I’ve met the owner and son of that company and they kinda came off as ,,, well let’s just say I wasn’t really impressed.

😂

I’ve met the owner and son of that company and they kinda came off as ,,, well let’s just say I wasn’t really impressed.

I have a 'get the fuck off of me' knife thats like a dagger (useless as a normal knife) that I've had ride in whatever carrier I use between the actual carrier and front mag rack for yeeeears. It's only purpose is for you to be able to pull it via either hand when jammed up to get a up/down stab into the guy thats on you so you can shoot his ass. It looks like its been dragged behind a train for 10 years, but its a fucking Benchmade.

I've found others that are similiar, but this is the only one that has a sheath that is extremely low profile and molle compatible and isn't some home made kydex looking thing. I'd replace it, but I'm also not downgrading.

Not sure. Thought they were all manual. I'm the only coffee drinker in the house so I wouldn't mind a manual one.
The chestnut or 1zspessp JX are a good option
Crapazon had a good sale on the chestnut max and I’m happy with it.
Far better than the ceramic burr grinder I had.
Faster, easier and noticeable improvement in grind quality and flavors.

43B9A827-46FC-46C1-BA31-40DBE1557B60.jpeg

The chestnut or 1zspessp JX are a good option
Crapazon had a good sale on the chestnut max and I’m happy with it.
Far better than the ceramic burr grinder I had.
Faster, easier and noticeable improvement in grind quality and flavors.

View attachment 7744035
That a MTAC holster?

I have the old one they called the MTAC Minotaur back when they were made in brown also. Best IWB holster I've had, I carried a full-size and would forget I had it on. I showed it to the owner of Comp Tac because I wore it out and he tried to tell me it was in a fire?

It never saw heat and wasn’t burnt, but the leather was well worn and molded permanently to the pistol, and the plastic was losing its shape. I wore it for years from the time I woke up til I went to bed. I took care of it too, just used it a shit ton. He told me he was going to replace it and ghosted me 🤣

Need one for my 43X, I’d just get the plastic, but the leather so molded to my old M&P I don’t think it would work.

Last edited:
That a MTAC holster?

I have the old one they called the MTAC Minotaur back when they were made in brown also. Best IWB holster I've had, I carried a full-size and would forget I had it on. I showed it to the owner of Comp Tac because I wore it out and he tried to tell me it was in a fire?

It never saw heat and wasn’t burnt, but the leather was well worn and molded permanently to the pistol, and the plastic was losing its shape. I wore it for years from the time I woke up til I went to bed. I took care of it too, just used it a shit ton. He told me he was going to replace it and ghosted me 🤣

Need one for my 43X, I’d just get the plastic, but the leather so molded to my old M&P I don’t think it would work.
Yep
Carrying My G23 for well over a decade, it’s the original version.

It’s seen hell but still my favorite holster.

Bite
Rittenhouse’s
Cock, you
Cucks

…and they’re probably a bunch of leftist fucks since they started out in Olympia, WA, but if so, at least they’re smart enough to not push it in their public communications, but Batdorf & Bronson coffees are the fucking bomb! Been drinking the Dancing Goats blend for more than 20 years now.

BB_PRODUCT_Dancing-Goats-Blend-2019_2048_f390f34b-e44b-479d-a6f0-cfbfbf27d5ab_2048x2048.png

If you buy 5# or more, they ship it to you the same day it’s roasted…ours always ships out of Atlanta, maybe because we now live in TX after I retarded back in ‘15. We usually get 5-10# at a time.

Whole beans kept stored in the freezer, keep about 1/2 pound out (thawed) at a time, and only grind the beans just before we brew. Good, clean, filtered water, and nothing special other than that…smooth and delicious every time.

Last edited:
Bite
Rittenhouse’s
Cock, you
Cucks

Whole beans kept stored in the freezer
So what's the consensus view on beans and freezer?

I used to do freezer when buying from a local roaster, then they said omg don't freeze?

Now I'd need a bigger freezer........

I used to do freezer when buying from a local roaster, then they said omg don't freeze?

Cuts into their profits when you aren't tossing rotten coffee beans.

My buddy Bob (who consumed so much coffee it was like "the UPS Guy skit") went back to the U of A so he could get a degree in quantum physics.....

....so he could write "accurate" science fiction books.

So ended the first couple who got divorced and fucked up the Tucson coffee scene.....'triple chocolate mousse cake' was also involved.

Now apparently they have died the second death....

Radio, coffee and of course "trade"

"To freeze or not to freeze, that is the question."

The recent closure of the roasting half of the business capped the end of the Coffee Etc. name in Tucson, which had been around since 1982, and at one time had multiple locations.
Late last year, owners Eric and Ivonne Sahner closed the café portion of their business, at 4446 S. Sixth Ave.
Eric Sahner would not say why the two closed the business, but said they tried to stay open as long as possible.

"We always had a tremendous amount of community support and that's why we stayed open as long as we did, but we had to close," Eric Sahner said.
The storefront that used to be Old Pueblo Coffee Roasters Coffee Etc. has "For Rent" signs posted in its windows.

😂

Good deal. Fuck Benchmade and the hype they rode in on

😂

I have a real Emerson CQC-15 I got for $17.00, sell it to you for $200🤣

Trying to decide if it's worth sending in for a rebuild one day(think it's $110 when I called last year).

Shop had it and didn't know what it was. Blades crooked in the frame so I guess someone used it to pry, has a chip in the edge, and dark green paint on the g10. For $17 I still use it lol.

Still pops open when you flick your wrist, don't even have to touch the thumb stud.

Some real coffee experts and businesses freeze beans.
Obviously you make packs of say a weeks supply so you’re not re freezing them over and over.
Seal well and thaw thoroughly before opening to prevent condensation.

Reactions: Holliday
I have been vacuum sealing and freezing beans from a local roaster and getting outstanding coffee a year later. Just thaw before opening to prevent condensation.

Vacmaster 220.

BRCC stepped in marketing doo doo. May it never wash off.

BugIn

Reactions: NoDopes
I still drink the shit out of Nescafé, no shame here. And I have bags of coffee I grind from all over the world (currently I have a couple pounds of Ugandan that I’m going through). I acquired a taste for nescafe it in another life and here I am. The water makes a huge difference with how it tastes. Honestly better than that Maxwell House type crap. Definitely not high end coffee though, let’s not be confused about that.

The BRCC has been throwing ads on the Patriot Channel on Sirius like crazy. They are Promoting their giving of a pound of coffee to active duty vets but not a word about 2A.

Here’s a lil tip for the Moka pot/bialetti users
Fill it with hot water instead of cold water.
Makes a big difference in the quality of cup you get
:)

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
Was chatting up this female at a coffee shop and noticed her key chain. Had to take a pic of her piece.
D3E8B20F-4B20-4C38-8606-FB00D6C41661.jpeg

And btw. This place has some bomb ass coffee.

Other than the quality of water, coffee and filter you use, the main thing that will change the flavor profile of coffee (even the exact same coffee) is the heat of the water and the time it spends peculating in the water. This is why basically all coffee tastes the same in a Keurig unless its flavored or whatever.

The Technivorm does it like a swiss clock and whoever 'programmed it' had figured out the time/temp, exactly. That's the difference.

I bet if you take the coffee you put through your Bunn and put it through the Technivorm, it would taste different.
I guess I'll have to buy one then. My wife will shit a cat after she sees what it costs, but I honestly think you're right. Coffee is an odd beverage with how it's quality changes based on temperature. So, I'm in. I really like quality stuff .I swear all of my granfors tools work better than anything else I've used on my woodpiles.

👍

The BRCC has been throwing ads on the Patriot Channel on Sirius like crazy. They are Promoting their giving of a pound of coffee to active duty vets but not a word about 2A.

And that tells you a lot.

Look at their marketing. It's not aimed towards .mil people unless you are a .mil person AND a firearms person, which a lot are not. It's a fucking cringe lifestyle brand that happens to sell coffee yet stays away from 2A because its 'controversial' unlike the untouchable status of the military.

So when it got down to no longer just talking about it and making gay ass youtube videos, they didn't want to actually do gangster shit and instead put all of their eggs into the 'oh we support the military!' basket because it was a safe bet.