• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LOL Black Rifle Coffee Company - also, coffee snob thread V2.0

TheGerman

Oberleutnant
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2010
    the Westside
    Just needs to be said again, especially now, because apparently they don't align themselves with freedom, victory or actually defending yourself against people who should have been shot in the face a long time ago.

Remember when they went out of their way to tell you how they didn't support Kyle (even though no one even asked them), and by association, the 2nd Amendment of owning a firearm so that you can defend yourself as needed? Yet their entire over-hyped bullshit shit tier level coffee is based on cringe levels of flat bill hat douche vet bro over dramatization of firearms, America, and 'freedom'?

Yeah, Pepperidge Farm remembers. So fuck that, fuck them, fuck their Folgers level of Don King hype bullshit coffee, fuck skateboard kid, one armed willy, their families and the donkey they rode in (yet not all rode back out on.)

But since you're now wanting to make some coffee, and I still to this day get PMs with 'you dont know me, but what coffee should I buy' I will steer you back to my go to source which seems to have blown the fuck up since the last time we talked about it and we somehow ended up making a lot of people aware of a site full of degenerates called Snipers Hide in the process.

So here's where we're at right now fellow coffee snobs:

Coffee Only

- Coffee machine for just, well, coffee that doesn't suck yet you also don't have to go through some weird ass process to make:

Get good filters, use good water, find the grind level you want with good coffee (see: Not BRCC), press button. Done.

- For the analog version, you can't beat the Chemex

Coffee / Espresso/Misc

- If you want to make more than just regular coffee.

It kind..of..just...makes...it...for you.

- Honorable mention to the Breville as it is cheaper, does 90% of what espresso makers in the $3k range do, and gives you more control over what you're wanting to happen.

Coffee

If you remember, I have a thing for coffee grown in volcanic soil so I am partial to this from my favorite coffee place (who somehow has become the official coffee of Texas A&M now):

Look at the Guatemalan Antigua; the Indonesian Sumatra is volcanic and have that on the way as its apparently new, but anything on the list will be fantastic and you would just need to find what type of coffee you like. None of this bulk rate BRCC shit.

😂
    Volcanica
    What’s the buzz
    Press house
    Sisters
    All have excellent coffee
    36808AA1-11D3-45A1-88CD-6D4AD6CA2A97.jpeg

Maybe Rittenhouse coffee company?

Need a better meaning for brcc

Bitchy Retarded Cock Consumers?

Meh, not my best work.

Reactions: reNickulous
    I really wanted a moccamaster, but I used some CC points to purchase a Kitchenaid spiral shower coffeemaker, I also purchased a zero water filter pitcher to filter the water. (I checked some reviews on that and they actually work very well).
    I can say, I definitely taste the difference in my store bought coffee, much smoother and much better flavor.
    We have a small, local roaster here, I may stop in when I get a chance.

Thumbs up for breville!

Two👍👍 fir da German

I might be too poor to understand this... I went and looked at the Germans links to see how the rich folks shop.

But the Techivorm kbs does the same thing my Bunn does. And the Bunn only cost a hundred bucks close to ten years ago.

Guess my poor brain cannot compute the difference here. But I DO filter all of my water through a Big Berkey, so theres that I guess.

I really dig the threads from the German, probably be a fun dude to drink bourbon with. Definately fun to shoot in the dark with imho. But alas, I'm too poor to hang with rich dudes like him.

And to add , Yeah FUCK BRCC, they're gayer than Elton John. :LOL:

Reactions: diverdon
    What the buzz, that is the one I was looking for. Gonna order some up tonight.

I might be too poor to understand this... I went and looked at the Germans links to see how the rich folks shop.

But the Techivorm kbs does the same thing my Bunn does. And the Bunn only cost a hundred bucks close to ten years ago.

Guess my poor brain cannot compute the difference here. But I DO filter all of my water through a Big Berkey, so theres that I guess.

I really dig the threads from the German, probably be a fun dude to drink bourbon with. Definately fun to shoot in the dark with imho. But alas, I'm too poor to hang with rich dudes like him.

And to add , Yeah FUCK BRCC, they're gayer than Elton John. :LOL:

Other than the quality of water, coffee and filter you use, the main thing that will change the flavor profile of coffee (even the exact same coffee) is the heat of the water and the time it spends peculating in the water. This is why basically all coffee tastes the same in a Keurig unless its flavored or whatever.

The Technivorm does it like a swiss clock and whoever 'programmed it' had figured out the time/temp, exactly. That's the difference.

I bet if you take the coffee you put through your Bunn and put it through the Technivorm, it would taste different.

Just needs to be said again, especially now, because apparently they don't align themselves with freedom, victory or actually defending yourself against people who should have been shot in the face a long time ago.

Remember when they went out of their way to tell you how they didn't support Kyle (even though no one even asked them), and by association, the 2nd Amendment of owning a firearm so that you can defend yourself as needed? Yet their entire over-hyped bullshit shit tier level coffee is based on cringe levels of flat bill hat douche vet bro over dramatization of firearms, America, and 'freedom'?

Yeah, Pepperidge Farm remembers. So fuck that, fuck them, fuck their Folgers level of Don King hype bullshit coffee, fuck skateboard kid, one armed willy, their families and the donkey they rode in (yet not all rode back out on.)

But since you're now wanting to make some coffee, and I still to this day get PMs with 'you dont know me, but what coffee should I buy' I will steer you back to my go to source which seems to have blown the fuck up since the last time we talked about it and we somehow ended up making a lot of people aware of a site full of degenerates called Snipers Hide in the process.

So here's where we're at right now fellow coffee snobs:

Coffee Only

- Coffee machine for just, well, coffee that doesn't suck yet you also don't have to go through some weird ass process to make:

Get good filters, use good water, find the grind level you want with good coffee (see: Not BRCC), press button. Done.

- For the analog version, you can't beat the Chemex

Coffee / Espresso/Misc

- If you want to make more than just regular coffee.

It kind..of..just...makes...it...for you.

- Honorable mention to the Breville as it is cheaper, does 90% of what espresso makers in the $3k range do, and gives you more control over what you're wanting to happen.

Coffee

If you remember, I have a thing for coffee grown in volcanic soil so I am partial to this from my favorite coffee place (who somehow has become the official coffee of Texas A&M now):

Look at the Guatemalan Antigua; the Indonesian Sumatra is volcanic and have that on the way as its apparently new, but anything on the list will be fantastic and you would just need to find what type of coffee you like. None of this bulk rate BRCC shit.
    Yes it is the official coffee of Texas A&M. Thank you for the shout out to What’s The Buzz my friend. They are nice folks.

I guess I got to learn how to do real coffee at home then,
    Buuutttt, I am not selling glass so I can afford a 3k coffee
    maker. 😀
    I’ll go back to instant Sanka before that happens

Reactions: NoDopes
    Other than the quality of water, coffee and filter you use, the main thing that will change the flavor profile of coffee (even the exact same coffee) is the heat of the water and the time it spends peculating in the water. This is why basically all coffee tastes the same in a Keurig unless its flavored or whatever.

The Technivorm does it like a swiss clock and whoever 'programmed it' had figured out the time/temp, exactly. That's the difference.

I bet if you take the coffee you put through your Bunn and put it through the Technivorm, it would taste different.
    Water temp between 195 and 205 with brew time between 4 and 8 minutes according to the sca. There are several coffee makers that do it now, but the mocca master is the S&B of coffee makers. They are made in the Netherlands.

A few more nights selling my body and I’m going to try this.

Yeah, fuck BRCC. Anyway, do you have any recommendations for a grinder? I e heard talk of burr grinders? Looking to get into a better pour over. I e been down the French press and Aero-press route for a while.... getting tired of them.

Yeah, fuck BRCC. Anyway, do you have any recommendations for a grinder? I e heard talk of burr grinders? Looking to get into a better pour over. I e been down the French press and Aero-press route for a while.... getting tired of them.
    How much you looking to spend

Electric or manual?

You’ll definitely taste the difference with a decent metal burr grinder.
    I use a timemore chestnut C2

Unfortunately finding a US made grinder at an affordable price seems impossible
    :(

How much you looking to spend

Electric or manual?

You’ll definitely taste the difference with a decent metal burr grinder.
    I use a timemore chestnut C2

Unfortunately finding a US made grinder at an affordable price seems impossible
    :(
    Not sure. Thought they were all manual. I'm the only coffee drinker in the house so I wouldn't mind a manual one.

I've had Geisha before and it was fantastic.

If I remember right, the reason for it being so expensive is that it will only grow in a specific soil, and the output you get from it is like 1/4 of other coffee plants.

Opera Snapshot_2021-11-19_181552_www.peerlesscoffee.com.png

Is this really 400% better than the Costco above?

I'll never spend $85 on a pound of coffee, but I am looking at buying land in Boquete.............

ETA:

Come to think of it, we can probably get the airline pilot in the "hot girlfriends" thread to lease his columbian hookers to roast this shit in the nude and add some complexity to the flavors of Uncle Jimbo Boquete Brew Geisha coffee.

Do I have to be a supporting member to sell shares in the coffee plantation here?

It would then really be privately held and veteran owned.

And yes I'm serious...(maybe not the hookers part)...I'll have to ask my wife.

Last edited:
    I posted in the other Fuck Black Rifle Coffee thread.

here's a year's supply of Sumatran and Rwandan (shipped free)

View attachment 7743972

View attachment 7743973

TheGerman said:

Would you consider a blind test and review?

You obviously have the more experienced palate.

I'd seriously like to have your opinion, it's only $42 after all.

@ $42.99......for 2lbs
    Might want to try a blind taste test?

View attachment 7743971

Sure.

$21 for Geisha is not bad at all. I'm just wondering if this is some borderline 'yeah its grown where we grow Geisha' or something lol

Like I said, Geisha isn't expensive because there's a premium put on it. It's because the output for it is so low.

If we did a taste test, I'd get some more of the Geisha I had before as well so its a real test. I don't keep it around as my usual place its in stock, then gone, and you don't know when its coming back.

Reactions: Jim Out
    I've had Geisha before and it was fantastic.

If I remember right, the reason for it being so expensive is that it will only grow in a specific soil, and the output you get from it is like 1/4 of other coffee plants.
    Actually it’s a specific species from Africa.
    Not so much soil specific as the low yield you mentioned has only specialty growers willing to commit to it.

I have some geisha grown in it’s native ground on the way soon.

Reactions: Jim Out