• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Lone Survivor Movie!!

Re: Lone Survivor Movie!!

One would think that the success of Act of Valor might teach Hollywood that people can appreciate a less than perfect acting performance that makes up for polish with GRIT.

I do hope that the movie dos honor to the struggle and sacrifice of those men. Kudos to Mr. Luttrell for telling it like it was instrad of a "rambo" spin. As the lone survivor he could have told anyway he pleased, but admitted the mistakes and pain of watching friends die and being unable to stop it.

I do hope that one day that he can find peace in sleep.
Bill

Re: Lone Survivor Movie!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RockPunk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He said he wont let it be made any other way or have it hollyweird'd to make it better either. If I recall right one the updates when he first started talking about the film being made was if it wasnt being filmed how he saw fit the movie wouldnt be made period or production stopped. He's very adiment for the movie to do his story justice.</div></div>

It's rare that someone outside of the production process who's not monetarily invested in a big way has that kind of pull on a film. Making movies is a messy, expensive process that rarely goes according to plan. I highly doubt he has final say in anything now that the film is in production. If anything, he's there on location as an information resource, but ultimately it's up to the director and producers whether they take 100% of his input. You may scoff at that thought, but that's just reality. Sometimes advisers go overboard on details that ultimately don't support the story and will be ignored because to add them at the last minute means delays and cost overruns. Remember, movies are very expensive gambles and a wise director isn't going to stop production for a day to move to a new location because an advisor says "the ridgeline I was looking at back in A'stan wasn't as steep as this"