• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Long Action Magazine Interchangeability

What Magazine(s) Would You Run?

• CIP Length - 308 Win Family

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • CIP Length - SAUM Family

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • CIP Length - PRC Family

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • 3.715" - 308 Win Family

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • 3.715" - SAUM Family

• 3.715" - PRC Family

• Other (please explain)

• 223 Family

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
It would be awesome to be able to shoot handloaded, long COAL, 6.5 PRC out of a Zeus LA.

Reactions: JP2336
I spoke with them last week, and it sounds like they are going to go the spacer route as printing mags out of the material they have isn't really feasible. I guess they have been making spacers for competition guys running 6 Dasher / GTs (can't remember which) in a medium action so they have an idea of where they are headed with all this.

At this point, they are testing some MDT mags and possibly the Magpul LA 30-06 mag to see if they will feed 308 reliably. Of course, the metal mags allow for bending the feed lips to where they need to be for function. I've got my magazines back (they were using them for measurements), so hopeful this can get wrapped up soon!

I talked to Joe a year ago and he said a LA 223 bolt could be done on a custom basis, but I think he's pretty swamped with regular business right now. The 223 mag will be a little different animal to tackle and I'd love to make it happen but that will probably be a next round thing
Tony from MKM here, I chatted with you on the phone.

It looks like we need to run a Poll of what magazines we want to retro fit spacer kits for. We have CIP length MDT mags in house, but no 3.715 standard AICS mags to test with and after reading this thread, it looks like some guys are also looking for 3.715 magazines.

I went to order a few more magazines from MDT to help with development, but they have a lot of options now as far as capacity and cartridge family so we (this thread group) need to do some looking at the website and come up with which specific magazine everyone wants to see retrofitted with a magazine spacer. Ultimately the feed lips will have to be tuned so cartridge family may not be a huge factor, but starting with feed lips that hug a .308 case a little tighter would help out.

Also, feel free to tag me in these post now for updates and input. I'm now helping to drive this project and Tyler is a very busy guy. I was getting email responses from Tyler to customers last night at 10pm and I'd like to keep him from having to do so.

@Lil' Tone

Hi Tony,
Because of their popularity, many of us want to use OEM AW or AICS mags... For example, to shoot long handloads of 6.5prc from a Terminus Zeus Long Action in a chassis.

Thanks

Last edited:
Tony from MKM here, I chatted with you on the phone.

It looks like we need to run a Poll of what magazines we want to retro fit spacer kits for. We have CIP length MDT mags in house, but no 3.715 standard AICS mags to test with and after reading this thread, it looks like some guys are also looking for 3.715 magazines.

I went to order a few more magazines from MDT to help with development, but they have a lot of options now as far as capacity and cartridge family so we (this thread group) need to do some looking at the website and come up with which specific magazine everyone wants to see retrofitted with a magazine spacer. Ultimately the feed lips will have to be tuned so cartridge family may not be a huge factor, but starting with feed lips that hug a .308 case a little tighter would help out.

Also, feel free to tag me in these post now for updates and input. I'm now helping to drive this project and Tyler is a very busy guy. I was getting email responses from Tyler to customers last night at 10pm and I'd like to keep him from having to do so.
Thanks for jumping in Tony, great to hear from you (shot you a PM btw).

The thread has a poll now, please vote everyone! Open to suggestions on if there are other options than listed, but this should be a good start. Sorting out the loaded length can be next.

The one I’d like to see although a tricky one, is a CIP length shell with 223 mag box like Accurate Mag does with their 308 mag

Reactions: rlsmith1
The one I’d like to see although a tricky one, is a CIP length shell with 223 mag box like Accurate Mag does with their 308 mag
I would absolutely love that too, added. We would need to get @Joel Russo to make a long action bolt with a 223 face. He's said it's possible, but is pretty busy and would not be top of the list.

Reactions: 7mmShooter
I would absolutely love that too, added. We would need to get @Joel Russo to make a long action bolt with a 223 face. He's said it's possible, but is pretty busy and would not be top of the list.
Yeah, I asked Joel about it quite a while ago and he said the same. I went with an ARC CDG and have the .223 bolt face so the mags are about the only thing left for me