• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Long shot ... neoprene/sticky pad for TAB sling?

Snakum

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2010
Sandhills
I realize it's a long shot, but I've searched and looked everywhere else.

I went to the TAB sling on my FCP-K and I love it, except I miss the neoprene pad I use on all my rifles which keeps the weapon from sliding down my shoulder or moving around on my back when climbing/crawling. I sling barrel down which gives me a quick hasty sling transition when hunting or during comps.

Anyone aware of a slide-on/slip-on neoprene pad that will work?

Anyone fashioned one from scratch that serves the same purpose. I thought about cutting the webbing from a heavy hunting I have and weaving the TAB sling thru the slots and taping it down, but that is seriously ghetto.

Re: Long shot ... neoprene/sticky pad for TAB sling?

Snakum, if you find a source of neoprene material please post it up as I am looking for some as well to crazy glue to my PRS as a butt pad.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TNT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Snakum, if you find a source of neoprene material please post it up as I am looking for some as well to crazy glue to my PRS as a butt pad. </div></div> try here http://www.mcmaster.com/#rubber/=6xoim7

Maybe go to Bass Pro or even Wal-Mart and buy a cheap sling and take the slider off of those and use it? I know Wal-Mart of a "blank" neoprene sling for like $9.

I'm experimenting with lining the inside of the shooting loop with rubber to give it some extra grip when slung up, it's working out really well too. I may offer it as an option.

In you case Snakum, since you carry muzzle down, it might work out for you if some rubber was sewn to the section of the sling that's on your shoulder.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Snakum</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I realize it's a long shot, but I've searched and looked everywhere else.

I went to the TAB sling on my FCP-K and I love it, except I miss the neoprene pad I use on all my rifles which keeps the weapon from sliding down my shoulder or moving around on my back when climbing/crawling. I sling barrel down which gives me a quick hasty sling transition when hunting or during comps.

Anyone aware of a slide-on/slip-on neoprene pad that will work?

Anyone fashioned one from scratch that serves the same purpose. I thought about cutting the webbing from a heavy hunting I have and weaving the TAB sling thru the slots and taping it down, but that is seriously ghetto. </div></div>

On and off-road motorcycles are not worth a shit for either..... applies to slings as well at times.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm experimenting with lining the inside of the shooting loop with rubber to give it some extra grip when slung up, it's working out really well too.</div></div>

Didn't consider rubber ... that might be easier to work with. There's probably a rigger/gear guru on Bragg that can sew just about anything to anything else. I'll ask around tomorrow among my AD buds. A thick, scuffed inner tube might be the ticket to form around the upper part of the TAB sling.

Thanks much, Tburkes.

(
wink.gif
)

Looking for a cheap piece of neoprene for the prs buttstock use a knee pad out of a pair of 511 pants and glue to the stock works great.

I just started using this shoulder pad on my rifle, I've had it for years on a camera bag.The pad is thicker on one edge and keeps the rifle from slipping off my shoulder.I have sloping shoulders and always had trouble with the rifle sliding off.I carry the rifle muzzle down on my weak side.It seems like its going to work out pretty well.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/16198-REG/Domke_725_310_FA_031_Shoulder_Pad.html#features

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CamW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just started using this shoulder pad on my rifle, I've had it for years on a camera bag.The pad is thicker on one edge and keeps the rifle from slipping off my shoulder.I have sloping shoulders and always had trouble with the rifle sliding off.I carry the rifle muzzle down on my weak side.It seems like its going to work out pretty well.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/16198-REG/Domke_725_310_FA_031_Shoulder_Pad.html#features</div></div>

Perfect. Thnx Cam.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CamW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just started using this shoulder pad on my rifle, I've had it for years on a camera bag.The pad is thicker on one edge and keeps the rifle from slipping off my shoulder.I have sloping shoulders and always had trouble with the rifle sliding off.I carry the rifle muzzle down on my weak side.It seems like its going to work out pretty well.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/16198-REG/Domke_725_310_FA_031_Shoulder_Pad.html#features</div></div>

Perfect. Thnx Cam.
smile.gif