• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Looking for a good Throw lever (Power lever) Brand and type

JP Harley Rider

Private
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2020
Round Rock Texas
Hello,

I have done some research online and I am seeing a wide variety of Throw levers and I am more confused than ever.
Can you recommend a good go to Brand and model that I should run on my Vortex Viper PSTs (Gen I and Gen II).

The Switchview USA levers look pretty good to me but I have not seen one in person.

I do not really trust the plastic levers yet but I do like their price point. I suspect that they may not hold up long term in competition settings.
I am willing to listen however. Some of the aluminum ones seem too narrow also. Prices seem to range from 20.00 up to 100.00
$100.00 seems pretty steep to me.

Please advise.

Anarchy Outdoors, and MK Machining are two very well made throw levers. The 3D printing world has come leaps and bounds as far as durability and fit/finish is concerned. They will not break unless:
A) When installing, you tighten the screw way over what it needs to be and strip the threads
B) You ram your scope into a barricade with a sht ton of force, in which case, a broken throw lever is the least of your worries.

I prefer the printed levers for the simple fact that IF I ever broke one, its a $30 part needing replacement, not my entire scope getting sent back for extensive repair. Just some food for thought.

Anarchy Outdoors, and MK Machining are two very well made throw levers. The 3D printing world has come leaps and bounds as far as durability and fit/finish is concerned. They will not break unless:
A) When installing, you tighten the screw way over what it needs to be and strip the threads
B) You ram your scope into a barricade with a sht ton of force, in which case, a broken throw lever is the least of your worries.

I prefer the printed levers for the simple fact that IF I ever broke one, its a $30 part needing replacement, not my entire scope getting sent back for extensive repair. Just some food for thought.
Thank you for the great info. I did read some reviews saying that some of the cheap plastic throw levers could end up slipping and stretching out. The two companies you cited will not have that issue from what I have read. Thank you.

MK Machining, I have had both their printed ones and the aluminum ones. Both great but I will go ahead and buy the aluminum one from now on. It is beautifully made and fits perfectly on my scopes.

Reactions: JP Harley Rider
I have the MK Machining and you'd really have to knock the hell out of it to break it. My only issue is that it seems "thick" to me. I think I'll buy the aluminum ones next, of course from MK Machining.

Reactions: kcrippen
MK Machining (Tyler) are great...So is his Levels and Customer Service...

The Switchview’s are great ones too and Folding models available and useful.
(Excellent Service)

Also some good ones are:
He makes killer Scope Caps and Custom fitted Caps as well...Excellent quality

All the above are Great Options!!!

I have them all and love all of them, really not sure which my favorites are?

Hello, I own MKM and would love to hook you up.

I do not believe you'll have any stretching (creep in technical terms) issues. Starting over a year ago my material has been made to my specifications, and does not exhibit near the creep seen before this material.

Additionally, we have started modeling in the mag ring grooves which also helps mitigate any slip.

Last thing, my standard levers are $20, Pro Series are the same model but made on a very nice MJF 5200 machine and run $35. Purely an aesthetic difference.

The most popular models are also available in aluminum, it does look sleeker and slimmer, but if you're purely after durability a metal lever does not accomplish this, and the polymer models can be as tough or tougher in many situations.

Reactions: cschastain2