• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Looking for the truth. What lever gun had 20rn mag

Cascade Precision

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 23, 2008
Klamath Falls, OR
OK boys and girls and historical knowledge people of all shapes and sizes.

A friend of mine SWEARS that he is looking at an antique rifle that is a lever gun and holds 20 rounds in the magazine.

I know a bit about firearms from my buddy R. Lee Ermey, and the closest thing I have EVER heard of was the Henry Repeating Rifle in 44 Rimfire, which held 16.

I know this guy to be a cheap bastard, and if he could squeeze a nickel from a penny, he would do it and charge a dime to do it. With THAT info, there is NO WAY he is looking at an original Henry rifle.

So, am I missing something? Or am I right? If I am right, please don't tell my wife: I can only be right 3 times a week and I have already had to take a loan out cause I was right 4 times so far...

Thanks

Re: Looking for the truth. What lever gun had 20rn mag

Marlin 39A holds 26 shorts,21 Longs, or 19 Long Rifles. It has been in constant production, with updates, since 1891. An earlier one would certainly count as an "antique". AG

The modern Henry rifles in rimfire (Rimfire, Golden Boy, and Youth Rimfires) will hold 15-16 rounds of .22LR, 17 rounds of .22L, <span style="font-weight: bold">21</span> rounds .22 Short.

I knew some of the 22 cal family held that many. I missed an important piece of info: Deer caliber gun. 22 could do it, but not legally here in Oregon.

Thanks everyone.

I think Browning made a box magazine lever rifle. I don't think 20rds was normal though. Maybe a modified version to take 20rd magazines?

I would also think it would have to be a 22.

Not antique but I have a Ruger 96/22 lever gun that uses 10/22 mags....including the MWG 50 round drum
smile.gif

I put a threaded TacSol barrel on it and squirrel hunt with the SWR Spectre on her. It's the most fun to be had with clothes still on
smile.gif

volcanic lever rifle with 24 inch barrel held 30 rds of "rocket ball". I think it was .41 cal. the first assault rifle?

Even if it was a center fire pistol caliber a 20 round tube would have to very long.

the volcanic rifle ammo was a hollow bottomed bullet filled with powder sealed with a cap. very short OAL .they were made late 1850s, it had an under barrel magazine I have read about another rifle that was fed from the buttstock that held 36? rds but the name escapes me at the moment.

ROOMBROOM, Spencer? 7 rounds only, but properly managed could fire 20 rounds a minute. Big medicine in those days.

Spencer_illustrated.jpg

Yes sir, I've seen a spencer (really cool picture btw) maybe the buttstock fed "hi cap" I'm thinking of was encountered in a piece of fiction from my childhood? but the 30 rd volcanic rifle did exist.