• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for Varget

Michael Travis

Private
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2022
Pennsylvania
If this is in the wrong forum please tell me!
I have about 4lbs of Varget in stock but I'm looking for more. Preferably an 8lb keg.
A search revealed Varget in stock at
Calibrateddefense.com
armtechandarchery.com
Both of these sites are raising some red flags. Has anyone dealt with either of them?
The Reloaders Shop has 1lb. bottles in stock and they appear legit.

I only used to buy my power local, but I can't find stock anywhere around here.
If anyone has input on any of those sites or knows of a reputable dealer that has inventory I'd be happy to hear from you.

Never heard of The Reloaders Shop, and I only purchase at the well-known sites. If desperate, numerous 8lb kegs are getting scalped on Gun Broker for ~$500.

I just lucked out and got an 8lb for $370 from someone local, but that's rare.

Reactions: Michael Travis
just missed some on hodgon.com and brownells a couple of weeks back have not seen any since best of luck .

Have you thought about Precision Shooters powder, the Rifle type.? It says right on the bottle it's very comparable to Varget. I got 2# off of a PRS prize table last year. I haven't tried it yet, but I am kind of excited to. It seems to be pretty available by me, so that is a plus. I found a sweet spot for my 6.5CM with a little lower velocity and a certain bullet and brass. It's a cheap but solid load that is money out to 500yds. I am currently filling that hole with IMR 4064, but will try the Precision Shooters when that is gone.

FYI on the Reloaders Shop. Their site says they are based in Oregon. Their phone number area code in California. They have no direct payment option. You have to email them your information.
I’m calling BS on this one.

Reactions: PatMiles
FYI on the Reloaders Shop. Their site says they are based in Oregon. Their phone number area code in California. They have no direct payment option. You have to email them your information.
I’m calling BS on this one.
Good eye on that one, it sounds like.

I ordered 500 Hornaday 140gr HPBT Match bullets from Midsouth last night. It was a special and the same price I paid over a year ago, all good. Out of curiousity I plunked around a little bit before I bought, just to see what else was out there. Midsouth is my go to, but it doesn't hurt to look. I found a better deal at a place called Optics and Ammo. When I went to the cart, the bullets were more than the buy price, which I kind of expected, I never heard of his place. I deleted the order and did a search......................................... nothing but bad reviews and people getting ripped off!! I was watching because someone on here a few days ago mentioned many fake sites out there selling gun related items. Be careful!

Powder Valley and Midsouth shooter supply offer it about once a month lately. Only pick 5 one pounders and put in cart immediately. Anymore you’ll get notified and next guy grabbed them. I got 5 yesterday and 5 4-6 weeks ago. Hope this helps.

If this is in the wrong forum please tell me!
I have about 4lbs of Varget in stock but I'm looking for more. Preferably an 8lb keg.
A search revealed Varget in stock at
Calibrateddefense.com
armtechandarchery.com
Both of these sites are raising some red flags. Has anyone dealt with either of them?
The Reloaders Shop has 1lb. bottles in stock and they appear legit.

I only used to buy my power local, but I can't find stock anywhere around here.
If anyone has input on any of those sites or knows of a reputable dealer that has inventory I'd be happy to hear from you.
I see your from PA, if your near Cabelas, they have at least one 8lber and lots of 1lbers (prob 10 or 12) on the shelf Saturday. they had a bunch of other flavors too

I see your from PA, if your near Cabelas, they have at least one 8lber and lots of 1lbers (prob 10 or 12) on the shelf Saturday. they had a bunch of other flavors too
Ugh! I'm very close to there and have been checking periodically. I'll try to get back up there Friday. Thanks for the heads up.

i-hope-you-find-everything-youre-looking-for-hope-quote.jpg

dennys shooters supply in hubbard oh has 8# jugs of varget as of friday he will be open tues if your close, he also has h1000, retumbo, rel26,rel33 among others.

Thanks to Discord, I'm set on Varget and H4350 for the next few years. It really is the only solution and you'd better hurry when you get an alert.
Lol, it’s not the only solution for those needing powder. Its just another lever to pull.