• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Looks Like We Found A Marine Shorter Than Lowlight!

Sorry Frank, I just couldn't resist. ^_^

Short man's complex is an actual psychological condition and nothing to poke fun at. I do not know Frank, and this is not a comment about him. But this thread is in poor taste. Do not ridicule people over something that they cannot control.

Not to mention that this whole "drill sergeant" circus is for mentally retarded who cannot perform basic tasks and need to be reprogrammed through stress and personality destruction to inbue new values and programming. For intelligent beings those "drill sergeants" are nothing but actors one rides through (and funny thing is if you meet one off duty or know one you know all is just a game for them, role playing to train feebleminded people to obey -> much like training dogs through carrot and stick)... Though i guess in any army there are people who really live the role and train their kids as such and video tape them - i feel very sorry for them and their kids...

Short man's complex is an actual psychological condition and nothing to poke fun at. I do not know Frank, and this is not a comment about him. But this thread is in poor taste. Do not ridicule people over something that they cannot control.

WELL SAID..... AMAN.....some of the best men I served with were small in stature..... BIG IN HEART....
bill larson

Dan Daly, one of the 2 Marines to be awarded the Medal of Honor TWICE was barely above 5ft tall and was a certifiable badass by any measure of that term.

I went through boot with a guy who was sub-5 foot for sure and likely sub-4'8". No matter how high he jumped he couldnt reach the first bar on the O-course. SOB shimmied the post to grab it and ran the O course fast as anyone else. He finished as one of the Honor Men of the series.

A friend of mine's father was in WW2. He had both a Bronze and Silver Star in Europe. I have NO idea what other medals he had. But he was buried in his WW2 "Browns" with medals attached. There was a S**T load of them. But I'm not sure he made 5'5". And I'll bet he didn't weigh 150 pounds. When he got back from Vietnam he was a DI. His son told me that he ran faster backward screaming his head off than most other people could run forward panting for breath.

I'm not sure that size is ALWAYS a factor in the badass department.

Drill Sergeant Salinas was maybe 5'2" the guy was an animal, would run with us in PT, full uniform, pack, rifle--and wearing the old M17 gas mask-yes with filters!(dating myself)

Dan Daly, one of the 2 Marines to be awarded the Medal of Honor TWICE was barely above 5ft tall and was a certifiable badass by any measure of that term.

I believe that Jack Lucas (Medal of Honor recipiant) was also short in stature. For anyone who does not know Jack Lucas, i highly recommend reading his story. He returned from WWII and started the 9th grade with the CMOH around his neck.

Read his story here:

Badass of the Week: Jacklyn H. Lucas

We have to remember this is the guy with the Walmart sporting goods gun collection, Transformer bed spread, and guy who likes to call other people immature.

Jason Cardenas is a real winner....

I believe that Jack Lucas (Medal of Honor recipiant) was also short in stature. For anyone who does not know Jack Lucas, i highly recommend reading his story. He returned from WWII and started the 9th grade with the CMOH around his neck.

Read his story here:

Badass of the Week: Jacklyn H. Lucas

I want to say thanks for posting the link to the Jack Lucas story. One hard headed kid, then adult. He is a true testament that we have men on our side who will do anything and everything, if that is what it takes.

God Bless him

Although I'm not small, their are some positives for being small as well. I've known lots of short tenacious people. It's not the dog in the fight, it's the fight in the dog!

I want to say thanks for posting the link to the Jack Lucas story. One hard headed kid, then adult. He is a true testament that we have men on our side who will do anything and everything, if that is what it takes.

God Bless him

The recorded history of the deeds of any man who wins the Congressional Medal of Honor are amazing, but his willingness to commit to service as a middle school student (age 14), to seek onto a transport ship because he wanted to be in the fight, to survive jumping on two Japanese grenades to save the lives of his fellow soldiers and then to go Airbourne in his 40's, survive a negative parachute function free fall without a scratch is mind blowing.

Hey, the smaller one is, the smaller the target you make. :D