• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Loopers (murder of 10 year olds)

daybreak1199

Private
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
I just watched the Movie Loopers with Bruce Willis. The movie is about time travel and how it is used to send victims back in time to be executed and their body disposed of with no trace. The previews were interesting enough, once the story is about half way into the movie the plot of a super villain is introduced, somehow Bruce Willis believes if he goes back in time and seeks out this super villain before he is grown, Bruce's wife would not be murdered.

The plot is that Bruce needs to find 3 possible children who could be this super villain responsible for his wife’s death. Bruce takes out a 10 year old kid as he is returning home. The second child is spared from being murdered in the nick of time. The 3rd child is hunted down and shot in the face, but was not killed.

I have skipped around a lot and left out some facts mainly to get to the point that Hollywood is absolutely fucking sick. We are seeing more and more movies, and TV shows that are using the murder of children as a form of entertainment.

I have never been one to believe in conspiracies, or planted notions or ideas, but I can't help but feel Hollywood is decentralizing people to the murder of innocent children. I stopped and asked myself why? There are many reasons why, but one thing that stood out to me is the idea of Americans being exposed to these forms of entertainment in an attempt to numb the outrage against late term partial birth abortions.

Add to the fact that numerous Hollywood actors are joining in to support an all out gun ban, yet these same Hollywood actors have no problem going on film and using weapons to shoot and kill CHILDREN, Women, and men. What a bunch of fucking sick twisted group of hypocrites.

Re: Loopers (murder of 10 year olds)

This movie was pathetic. It was full of stupid violence, a retarded story line, and some very bad imagery. But, like you say, its permissible for hollyweird-types to use guns on kids, but guns are the real-life villain, right?

Do ya think???

Everyone want's to stop the 2 while upholding the first.

Just saw a preview on tv for some movie called bullet, i think. Sly Stalone perhaps? Violence violence and more violence.

Hollywood is the main reason that the US is in decline. Parents use the boob tube as a baby sitter. Then when they are old enough, they are given an xbox or whatever and plenty of snuff games full of sex and violence. But hey, don't send them outside to play and get hurt on a swing set because there may be a pervert hiding in the shadows. Instead, turn their heads into mush with Call of doody and shit like that.

And yeah, grown adults should not be playing video games. It's fucking pathetic. Well, I'll give you a pass if you're playing guitar hero with your kids. thats cool.

Wow, I'm surprised by some of these comments. I support the second amendment as fervently as anyone but, to make this movie into anything but entertainment (good or bad) is a bit of a stretch. The movie is fiction. A movie is no different than a book. It is part of entertainment, non-reality activity- just as video games. I support the right of the first amendment as much as the second. The right to make and view these are part of our constitution.
Now, are hollywood actors hypocritical? Yes, most seem to be. Truth is, I support these movies as much as I support gun rights. The problem is that we as a society have forgotten personal responsibility. Choose what you will watch/read/believe. Just be responsible for your actions- the two are not the same.
How is believing that Hollywood should not make violent movies any different than those that believe that owning an Assault Rifle is inherently evil?

BTW, I am a father of 3 and don't believe that seeing this movie will make anyone kill children. Millions of children are dying each year, around the world from less obvious means. We should focus our concerns there.

I recently watched Looper and it was ok. The killing murder of the kid in Looper was no different than watching the kids movie ParaNorman when they talked about the killing of the little girl for being a witch.
I may be going against the grain here but I watch movies solely on the entertainment factor. I leave political agendas at the door when I go see movies. Some see it as support of the anti's but whatever.

With a background in Psychology I have studied Sociopaths/Psychopaths specifically. Movies do not make these disturbed individuals. Neither does environment, at least not completely. The consensus is that if they, a person "gets off" on violence they will find a way to build up to that, and video games and most movies are the light end of that. It quickly escalates to killing animals and sometimes people for the serial killer/psychopath. To blame hollywood specifically for encouraging murder is like blaming guns for it.

That being said, media can influence perception of right and wrong and behavior to a point, but it's a very long stretch to say that ONE thing caused it. Personal responsibility SHOULD still hold sway and that's where we are slipping in the freaking nanny state.

On the one hand I do see a degradation of values in society causing some of our ills, but how long have those values been in existence? It's different for every culture, group and sub-group. Genocide, rape, murder, have been a part of humanity since we began. Really the USA is one of, if not THE most culturally sensitive countries, and a very safe place. Our violent crime and murder is trending down and has for decades and our violent crime is less than half that of similar countries like England.

Hollywood are largely a bunch of hypocrites, and it sucks that we give people who's only skill is "pretending" on screen so much merit. They don't deserve it in most cases. They live in an alternate world, with no basis or experience with what most people value and live like. They influence the uneducated masses, and the educated crowd that lends more to the popularity contest than truth, or right and wrong. (see election.)

Anyway, the point is that Bruce Willis' character doing that did not cause a shooting in Newton. Neither did guns. We had a mentally disturbed indivdual who was allowed too much access to weapons and the owner of weapons (his Mom) paid the ultimate price for being irresponsible with them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dMac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, I'm surprised by some of these comments. I support the second amendment as fervently as anyone but, to make this movie into anything but entertainment (good or bad) is a bit of a stretch. The movie is fiction. A movie is no different than a book. It is part of entertainment, non-reality activity- just as video games. I support the right of the first amendment as much as the second. The right to make and view these are part of our constitution.
Now, are hollywood actors hypocritical? Yes, most seem to be. Truth is, I support these movies as much as I support gun rights. The problem is that we as a society have forgotten personal responsibility. Choose what you will watch/read/believe. Just be responsible for your actions- the two are not the same.
How is believing that Hollywood should not make violent movies any different than those that believe that owning an Assault Rifle is inherently evil?

BTW, I am a father of 3 and don't believe that seeing this movie will make anyone kill children. Millions of children are dying each year, around the world from less obvious means. We should focus our concerns there. </div></div>

I couldn't agree more.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USW.260</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Emeliy Blunt was in it soooo......

Love that Woman! </div></div>

That's the only reason I rented it!!! The movie sucked