• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lost one of my GSD last night

KHOOKS

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 29, 2008
Central Alabama
I had my female GSD (breed dog) pass away last night. She was a import dog. She had the best temperment of any dog I've had the pleasure of meeting. She was always loving and happy to be with people. She had heartwomrs which is what I think took her she was in a 20'X10' fenced pin with her daugther. She (Abby to us) was herself yesterday and died overnight. I went to live for work this morning and my other (3) GSD where up and moving about as normal. I noticed Abby wasn't to be seen. Got out of the truck and she was lying there like she was asleep. I know right then that something wasn't right I had made to much noise for her not to be awake. Sure enough I open the pen and she had passed.

RIP Abby girl my we see you on the other side someday. Don't lick the strange cats over there they may not like dogs.

Re: Lost one of my GSD last night

Man, sorry to hear that. We thought about getting into breeding them also but decided not to. I get too attached to the little pups. We have two GSD's now, and I'm not looking forward to that day. You have my condolences, GSD's are great dogs.

Geb

Sorry for the loss of Abby.

Yea there great dogs and very smart. I got both my male and my female from Wetupkia,AL. She had the heartworms when I got her. She was about 2 years old when I got here about 5 or 6 years ago. She never showed any type of sings that anything was wrong with her. I just hope it was the heartworms and not something else. Just want to think the heartworms was it cause anything else would just be worst.

GSDs are great dogs and usually become a member of the family. My condolences.

Sorry about your GSD, damn good dogs. Had to put mine down a couple years ago. It sucks.

It's always hard being the owner and finding your pet thats passed away. I have stood by many of mine as they faded away. It's hard to ignore the bond you make with your pets, I call them family, but to each his own. Stay strong for your other pups, they will notice something is not right and they grieve as you would. I had a labrador almost grieve himself to death when his brother died. I got him a buddy from the pound and now he is back to his old self.

Funny how they depend on each other.... Sorry for your loss.

When things like that happen unexpectedly it's extra tough. As I type, I'm looking at my two retired 13 year old GSD's laying at my feet... I can imagine how devestating it will be when their time comes. I'll say a prayer for you and the family and the pups tonight.

sorry 4 your loss
I keep my dogs on prophylactic Interceptor year round..

Been a lot of us here that have lost our pets this year, my Ruger being one of them. It was the toughest thing I ever did putting him down.
Picture1450a.jpg