• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Love'n my $360 rifle

mwroseberry

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 31, 2009
urbana, ohio
Went out to shoot yesterday for the first time with my Stevens 200 XP. Weapon came with a Bushnell 3-9X40 already mounted and bore sighted. After a 5 round slow fire with clp covered patches between rounds I began to try the two types of ammo I had on hand. I had WWB 147gr and American Eagle (for M1A use) in 168gr. My rifle didn't like the WWB and it shot consistantly 1.25MOA at 100 with 3 round groups. When shifting the the American Eagle I shot 1MOA as you can see below. I can't wait to get some match grade ammo and see what it can do with it.

All shots were taken in the prone with a backpack as front support. I'm hoping when my bipod arrives it will help me tighten my groups along with better ammo.

Trigger was a bit heavy but I'm used to assult rifles with a heavy trigger so it didn't effect me too much.

Stevens 200 XP
Busnell 3-9x40
Custom Kylon Paint job
Custom cheap pad

stevens200phase12.jpg

By mwroseberry, shot with FinePix F480 at 2010-01-17

groupame168gr.jpg

By mwroseberry, shot with FinePix F480 at 2010-01-17

Thanks,
Merritt
SGT USMC vet.

Re: Love'n my $360 rifle

Good job, just goes to show ya don't always need to spend big bucks to do well and have fun. We get odd looks when we show up with our stuff but is always fun to be right in the pack with low budget uncool equipment.

Have fun and keep at it.

Topstrap

Since you are an Ohio guy we'll expect to see you and your rifle at Thunder Valley and Rayner's to do some shooting this summer
grin.gif
. Nothing wrong with less expensive equipment as long as it works. Keep an eye on the competition forum for match schedules and feel free to PM me if you need any info.

good shootn, not bad groups for any huntn weight gun w/ none match ammo. and amazing groups for the price of the rig

+1 for another good shooting Savage!! Nice camo on the stick too!!

DK

Thanks alot guys. I'm going to a long range shoot on the 24th and she how I can do at 600 and 1000 yards. Got a 20MOA base on order and need to pick up some match grade ammo. Hopefully I can keep everything on the paper at those ranges
wink.gif
.. We'll see

Thanks,
Merritt
SGT USMC vet.

If thats consistant thats good shooting from any rifle with that ammo no matter what the price. Doubt the bi-pod will help much, I'd rather shoot off a pack anyway. Get some Fed GMM and keep shootin, bet your groups will shrink a bit more. Have fun and be safe.

okie

I want one.... Nothing like the $360 rifle that shoots like that, and you can tinker with like it's $400 more expensive brother...

S/F