• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

LPK Info needed

M198gunner

LtCol
Minuteman
Jul 27, 2012
CONUS Southeast
I have multiple lowers I have purchases while overseas and am looking to start finishing them but have some questions.

1. With my ambi Mega and Seekins lowers, are they large or small pin?
2. Who makes LPKs that come with the ambi parts?
3. If they do not come with LPK kits who sells better ambi parts kits to fit the seekins and mega lowers?

Thanks in advance for all your help. I have read the many post on who makes the best LPK, is colt really worth the extra money for their LPK without a trigger ($160 current I can find)?

Jack

You have small pin lowers.

Ambi lowers usually come with the ambi bolt release parts already installed.

Colt parts are often considered among the best, but you'll have to decide if the price is justified. It might depend upon intended use, and how critical a parts failure will be in the application.

Some LPK's are available with different grips. Also, you can save a little money by purchasing LPK's without the FCG parts if you plan to get aftermarket triggers. Examples on this link:

Lower Parts Kits - Lower Parts - AR-15

Drifter,

Thanks for the link, overseas and the lowers are at my fathers. Will verify with him the ambi parts are installed.

I tend to be the type that likes to purchase the best quality first if they are worth it. Do not like to have to mess with things later.

On to finding the right LPKs.

Personally I dont see the need to spend big bucks on a LPK for some springs, detents and pins. Get a LPK minus FCG and order you a BADASS ambi safety and your FCG of choice. Personally I love my geissele triggers so I always order a LPK minus FCG then add the goodies. Palmetto state armory sells LPKs with all kinds of options. I hate the A2 grip so I always try and order one with a magpul or hogue grip upgrade/option.

cotntop,

Thanks, that is a 4 from white oak for the price of one colt.

Will have to read up on them. I like the geissele triggers as well as stated above.