• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LRF and Weatherflow or Kestrel Elite

Devilsclarinet

Private
Minuteman
Jun 7, 2017
Ive recently joined a range in upstate New York that by end of 2018 will have steel targets to 2100yards. The current configuration has steel targets from 600yards to 1000yards all within 1yard of marked distance. The range will also be hosting PRS style matches in the coming years. My question is should I invest in a Kestrel Elite right now since the distances are known or a LRF like the Leica CRF-2000B and a Weatherflow Meter so that I can start practicing my own ranging in preparation of shooting unknown distances. Which ever way I choose I will be buying the other when the funds allow. I am looking to spend what money I do have the best that I can

If you're shooting at a range with known distances get the Kestrel first. Learning wind takes a lot of experience and practice. The Kestrel really helps, and the blue tooth feature is huge for me.

If you're shooting unknown distances I'd get a RF first.

I am also in NY where is this range at?
But in relation to the question you have I have the weather meter the Bluetooth one and it has skipped a beat for me with strelok pro only out to 700 yards. I can say the kestrel is a better all in one package if you get the combo with the lrf sense you won't have to rely on having your phone out

I am also in NY where is this range at?
But in relation to the question you have I have the weather meter the Bluetooth one and it has skipped a beat for me with strelok pro only out to 700 yards. I can say the kestrel is a better all in one package if you get the combo with the lrf sense you won't have to rely on having your phone out
The range is called Sheepdog Warrior, 104 Haines Rd. Catskill, New York, 12414 United States, and I have settled on Kestrel

Reactions: Webbycurls