• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing LRI's 5 axis receiver blueprinting:

2aBaCa you don't get a video but you do get pictures as it moves threw the shop and that's cool.

Montrose
Lol, I was just joking but pictures would be awesome!

I have a new r700 coming, if it needs anything I'm sending it.

Do you have extra action (company stock) for purchase or just customer action sent to you to have them all tricked out?? I looked over your store site and didn't find them... ( not they they are not there)... Thanks Dave

We have oodles of stock receivers on hand. This is just one of many. Long, shorts, Titanium, chromoly, stainless. Titanium actions are sold as a complete action only and cost $800.00. They are currently only available in short action length. Longs are coming, but it will be a bit.

If Remington makes them, I have em on the shelf or can get them here at ludicrous speed. LRI enjoys "line of sight purchasing" when it comes to Remington M700 receivers. :)

A receiver only "as is" starts at $180.00 in chromoly. Add $40 for stainless and add an additional $25 for a RUM length. This is without a bolt. You can source an OEM bolt from us and we are working towards carrying the "Evo" bolt made by Mack Bros. (Our next door neighbor)

The Evo bolts are roughly 4-5 weeks out yet. I have never agreed with the business practice of making you all (clients) fund my inventory or float my overhead. What I mean is when the Evo bolts are on my shelf, I'll start taking money and rolling them through here.

LRI does not, nor will ever, do "pre deposits" so long as I own it.

New pricing has been updated for the main listing on Tier 1 and Tier 2 blueprinting services for M700's, M7's, 40x, and M24's. In addition, we have our dealer program that offers additional discounts for those with a valid FFL, storefront, and bulk purchasing ability.

M70's are being updated as I type this along with the ability to purchase M700 receivers. We will be "live" with this by C.O.B. today.

Happy to help!

Attachments

• receiver stock.jpg
    receiver stock.jpg
    317.9 KB · Views: 237
First order of business.

Can you skeletonize and put a new bolt knob?

I just picked up one of those Ashbury Saber M700 and cycled the action 100+ times. My hand hates the stock Remington bolt knob.

Interested. I don't see option to purchase action from the web store, should I email/call if I'm not supplying action? Thanks!

First order of business.

Can you skeletonize and put a new bolt knob?

I just picked up one of those Ashbury Saber M700 and cycled the action 100+ times. My hand hates the stock Remington bolt knob.

Both of these services are listed on LRI website.

Reactions: 2aBaC̶a̶
Both of these services are listed on LRI website.

Yes, I saw that. I was wondering if they can do both to the same handle because they drill and put a stud in the end.

Yes, I saw that. I was wondering if they can do both to the same handle because they drill and put a stud in the end.
yes they can. toward the bottom of the skeletonizing page it is mentioned that if a bolt knob job is to be done, the pocket closest to the knob is omitted to provide strength.

Reactions: 2aBaC̶a̶
Any updates? Did you run into issues adding the actions to the web store?

No issues other than me getting the ADHD bug and forgetting about it. Sorry. Couple stocks to get in primer this am. Once that box is checked were gonna get this up on the store.

-I've said this before but hopefully I'm telling the truth this time.

Thanks.

No real hurry on my end. I'm still undecided on going with the stainless action I've got or going with one of the titanium actions you are now offering.

I'd like to suggest adding the side bolt release option and recoil lug material to the group buy page.

Last edited:
That’s awesome.

Just curious, is this machine typical to other rifle builders that you know of?

@LongRifles Inc. Hey Chad, so if I send a FN wsm in to get cleaned up and have a Proof CF spun on that I provide, can/will you open up the barrel channel on a McMillan Game Warden or do I need to do that prior? Thanks

goinghunting LRI will do that for you I had my M2013 rebarreled by them last month and needed a little barrel channel work they cleaned it right up and did a great job, it looks like they just charge you by the time it takes to do it for me it was $50 but that was just the chamber area it may be around $100 or so for a whole barrel channel.

Montrose

Reactions: goinghunting
Thanks Montrose. I figured that might be the case, or at least hoping. Time to get some parts in the mail!

They are from the manufacturer. Just keep your ears open. It won't be long or all that hard to figure out.
We have oodles of stock receivers on hand. This is just one of many. Long, shorts, Titanium, chromoly, stainless. Titanium actions are sold as a complete action only and cost $800.00. They are currently only available in short action length. Longs are coming, but it will be a bit.

If Remington makes them, I have em on the shelf or can get them here at ludicrous speed. LRI enjoys "line of sight purchasing" when it comes to Remington M700 receivers. :)

A receiver only "as is" starts at $180.00 in chromoly. Add $40 for stainless and add an additional $25 for a RUM length. This is without a bolt. You can source an OEM bolt from us and we are working towards carrying the "Evo" bolt made by Mack Bros. (Our next door neighbor)

The Evo bolts are roughly 4-5 weeks out yet. I have never agreed with the business practice of making you all (clients) fund my inventory or float my overhead. What I mean is when the Evo bolts are on my shelf, I'll start taking money and rolling them through here.

LRI does not, nor will ever, do "pre deposits" so long as I own it.

New pricing has been updated for the main listing on Tier 1 and Tier 2 blueprinting services for M700's, M7's, 40x, and M24's. In addition, we have our dealer program that offers additional discounts for those with a valid FFL, storefront, and bulk purchasing ability.

M70's are being updated as I type this along with the ability to purchase M700 receivers. We will be "live" with this by C.O.B. today.

Happy to help!
My eyes and ears have failed me. So have a couple of emails i've sent. I would like to know the availability of the $800 Titanium actions.

Question for you Chad:

Have you noticed any substantive "downrange" difference in truing the receiver threads on a Howa during the truing process? Howas, at least in my experience, have been pretty close as far as tolerances go, but you see a lot more volume than I ever have.

I have a friend who is looking for another barrel/caliber for his 1500 and is wondering if truing the action threads is worth not being able to use prefits.

TI short actions are on the shelf. Blueprinted TI's are on an order by order basis and I ask for a 5 day window. Happy to help.
So the price of these is $800 for a factory stock action without a trigger? Do the bolts have J locks?

Question for you Chad:

Have you noticed any substantive "downrange" difference in truing the receiver threads on a Howa during the truing process? Howas, at least in my experience, have been pretty close as far as tolerances go, but you see a lot more volume than I ever have.

I have a friend who is looking for another barrel/caliber for his 1500 and is wondering if truing the action threads is worth not being able to use prefits.

I can't answer this as I've never blueprinted a Howa action. I look at it like this and those who read my bullshit have heard this before (yawn...lol)

If we compare guns to a Pro Stock Dragster:

It takes around 1300hp to be competitive. IF you are less than that, leave your shit on the trailer and stay home. If you and I are competing against one another and you dump a pile of cash into power development, you might find an extra 15-30hp that I don't have.
Because everything else is so similar and we can both drive (shoot) I will never catch you. No matter what I do.

I look at the 1300 hp on a bolt gun as a premium grade barrel fitted by someone who knows how to do this stuff well. The other 15-30hp is the little shit. Blueprinting, bedding, trigger setup, fire control setup, ergonomics, optics, etc...

The important thing here is the 1300. Skimping on a barrel is like only installing 7 pistons on a V8.

Last: Practice, practice, practice.

Lawyers/doctors "practice" their craft. Its because no one ever masters it or has all the answers. Shooting is no different.

Did I exceed my limit of questions?
why dont you just take 5 minutes and call Chad? It would be alot quicker and you could get direct responses to your questions instead of waiting for a forum response.

I get on here when I can between runs. The tempo of the shop dictates that free time.

If we are supplying the action, its in the $700's range on price. CM, SS, and TI differ along with action lengths, etc...

As mentioned, its best to call due to all the variations possible.