• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Lucky Duck Or Icotech?

Smith1

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
May 16, 2020
Ohio
Looking at mainly the roughneck and nightstalker models. I currently have a shockwave, and the volume just isn’t what I want for some of the spots we hunt. We have a big farm with a potential for 5 different stands when crops are down, but it’s close to the highway and the call is drowned out by the noise. A friend of a friend hunted with us last weekend and brought his nightstalker that was noticeably louder.
With that being said, I Didn’t get to personally operate it so I don’t really have an opinion. I talked to a foxpro rep and he said the XWave is going to be the loudest call, but not at a price or size I’m wanting to deal with lol.

i have a Shockwave and if i was to get another call it would be the Roughneck;)......Good Luck! :cool:

Reactions: Smith1
Had a Shockwave, and bought the Roughneck for night hunting and variety of calls as there a ton of Foxpro users in my area. Can't say it changed my life but I'm happy with the call.

Reactions: Smith1
Had a Shockwave, and bought the Roughneck for night hunting and variety of calls as there a ton of Foxpro users in my area. Can't say it changed my life but I'm happy with the call.

Good deal. It’s not like the shockwave is a turd, I’m like everything about it except the volume. Mostly didn’t want to be disappointed, but it sounds like I won’t be with the roughneck, which is what I’m slightly leaning towards

I'm running the FoxPro X2S, there is no lack of volume with it. Volume goes to 40, and at 35 degrees there hasn't been any distortion until about 38. I can pick out flaws in the sound recordings before the speakers themselves start to fuzz.

I'm running the FoxPro X2S, there is no lack of volume with it. Volume goes to 40, and at 35 degrees there hasn't been any distortion until about 38. I can pick out flaws in the sound recordings before the speakers themselves start to fuzz.

The shockwave had the same volume setup, but it was still drown out by the highway. In comparison my buddy’s nightstalker only goes to 10 but he runs it on 8 to avoid distortion and it’s still louder than the shockwave. I called foxpro and they said the xwave would be my only better choice but I’m not shelling out that kind of money or dealing with the size.

Ended up finding a deal on a roughneck, should be here toMorrow

Reactions: SDBguy95
Got the roughneck out this weekend, and overall pretty happy with it. It’s louder than the shockwave, not quite as loud as the icotech but is much more compact so easier to carry. Sounds good, And we had a shot but hesitated and didn’t take it. We called a male in to about 250 yards and he was barking and raising hell before he caught wind of us and took off.

Do you like the sounds better from the Lucky Duck over Foxpro?

Do you like the sounds better from the Lucky Duck over Foxpro?

In general, I’d say pretty comparible. I do like the lucky duck rabbit distress sounds a little better, but I wouldn’t make a switch solely based on that. Especially considering the amount of aftermarket sound packs available. The guy I bought from also hooked me up with a ton of Tony Tebbe sounds and they are always top notch. I have all the boss predator acoustics sound packs I’ll be putting on it as well at some Point.

I have a Roughneck but I only went that route because everyone and their brother are using Foxpro in my area.

I have the shockwave and the Xwave, the shockwave has been loud enough to cover any situation I have been in, in eastern Montana. The Xwave is a little louder, but sounds are still crisp at max volume.

The X2S Foxpro flat out works ! Battery runs forever too
I always charge mine now anyways, I got so used to it running and never having to charge it that I made a big mistake one night. We were hunting on the edge of a bean field late summer and placed the call in the field with the plans of finding it by sound when the stand was over. We ended up walking up and down the rows until my buddy tripped over it. Sure was nervous that the combine would find it first!

A guy on Face book makes really good rechargeable battery packs for foxpro and Lucky duck. Goes by Ambush360

I have been super impressed with the Revolt! Ricks sounds are cleaner and more realistic to my ears