• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns M-9 Bayonet- The Cat's Meow

kraigWY

CMP GSM MI
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2006
Wyoming
Never used them when I was in, but I swiped one from my son a couple years ago from my so to compete my US bayonet collection. ( I have original bayonets for my Krag, 1903, M1917, MI Garand, M1 Carbine, M14/M1A, M16A1/Colt SP1, and with the addition of the M-7 for my 'A2 style AR).

Hard to beat the M-7 for an everyday farm/ranch knife. I keep mine in my 4 Wheeler with my fencing pliers for mending fences (which my horses are always tearing up).

Quite the tool. Beats fencing pliers for wire cutting, heavy enough for prying, and putting twist in barbed wire. Also sturdy enough for digging fire pits 'n such while hunting.

A bit heavy for this old infantryman's taste, but my 4 wheeler doesn't care about the weight. Not good for dressing critters, that's ok I have smaller knives for that but its worth packing if you can hunt with horses or ATVs.

A tool worth keeping when you get out.

They are heavy and when attached to my pistol belt the screwdriver would sometimes poke my leg when doing three to five second rushes

I still have mine, I bought it in the late '80's to go with my AR15a2. I carried it a bit when I served in the CF, I got a bit of grief because it was a sharpened bayonet and we weren't supposed to carry those. I was able to get away with it because we were still issued the C1a1 at the time and it wouldn't fit so it was considered just a knife. I found it a pretty decent knife, heavy but sturdy. But I really never used any of the features aside from the blade. I never used the screwdriver, I think I cut one strand if razor wire just to see if it worked and of course never mounted it on a rifle. I ended up going back to my Ka-Bar and just leaving the M9 at home.

I myself was never a fan of the M-9 bayonet, M-9 Kevlar, or M-9 pistol. You are pretty excited about it though so I am glad you are enjoying it. The cat's meow is arguable however....