• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M14 USMC smear stock

Huckleberry

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 16, 2003
B'ham, Al.
Bought a USMC McMillan smear stock for a M14. It has an orange and red sticker on the butt that says "USMC Shooting Team". Has butt plate, swivels, and several dings and dents so it has been around the block a few times. Paid $300 for it. Did I get taken or was it worth the asking price?

Re: M14 USMC smear stock

Show us pix!!! Cant wait to see it. I have a McMillan M14 stock that is woodland that I think might have been used by the Corps but Im not sure though.

USMCsmearstock002-1.jpg

USMCsmearstock004.jpg

USMCsmearstock003.jpg

USMCsmearstock001.jpg

Huckleberry,

Nice room lol and stock.

Don't you want to reload for me cause I hate it lol? I will bring you all the equipment, even the big press to resize and neck down the 20mm Vulcan case.

Thanks

Have you been able to locate any kind of serial # or other markings? If legit you did well! Stickers can be had cheap though and I'd try to do some more research to check it's authenticity, could only increase the value if you can authenticate it! Good luck! Worse case it's still a McMillan!!

Bill,
It has a numeric stamp in the barrel channel "0137". I picked it out from 3 others and it was the only smear pattern. The others were the forest pattern GI Joe stock and a tan camo pattern as well. All had serial numbers in the barrel channel.

Later,
Where you been?
Got the 338 BDC reamer and assorted tooling for my big (small to you) gun. Scott is supplying the stock and action hopefully. Going to have 3 barrels made up, a polygonal 7 twist, a gain twist 6.5 twist, and a cut rifled 5R 7 twist.

Huckleberry,

Man I been playing in Suez then went home for few weeks (I get my daughter during the summer so had to make time for her for damn sure).

What action you building on? I going up to Scotts for few days next month so we can put my 8 twist 375 barrel onto Barnard action then drop into his stock system lol.

When you get your big rifle completed we should make plans to do a week "meet up" with everyone over your way. I having some ELR/HTI manuals\suggestions being put together right now.

Thanks

That stock looks awesome man. I think that you did well with that and it was well what you paid for it. Wish I could find a smear to go with the woodland that I have.

I am hoping for one of the actions Scott is working with for SOCOM. Don't know for sure or not if it will happen. He said 4 months or so once the first chips start flying.

$300 is really a steal for any MCM. If where you got them has more, even non smears, you might consider grabbing them and turning them, or making them available to Hide members.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Huckleberry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am hoping for one of the actions Scott is working with for SOCOM. Don't know for sure or not if it will happen. He said 4 months or so once the first chips start flying.

</div></div>

PM SENT!!