• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

M1A modifications

Ragincajun1919

Private
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2011
I've been working on my Supermatch so much that almost nothing has been done to fix up my standard M1A.

So, I decided to buy a McMillan m1a stock in woodland camo and order a SWFA 10x scope. I have an ARMS 18 on the rifle right now. Other mods I've done include the Sadlak spring guide (heavy), and changed out the neutered flash hider for a USGI one, and changed out the trigger group for a USGI one.

Is there anything else I should think about doing to my rifle (nothing major) in order to better its performance?

Re: M1A modifications

I would never shoot that Tubb polish system through any of my rifles, but that's just my preference.

Unitize the gas system & get a 4-4.5# trigger job and you're golden!

Bedding first.

It was always the rare "one in 100" or "one of 1,000" (to borrow selection and marketing from Winchester) wood-stocked service rifle of any sort that could shoot tight with an un-modified stock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bedding first.
</div></div>

What he said.

Properly bedded and add in the standard NM mods are a good start.
Most guns will shoot better than the operator. When you get to the point of calling your shots and nice knots for groups spring for a Krieger barrel and shoot the snot out of it.