• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mack Bro’s SS Evo

No names, watch the website. I'm not sure they know how much demand there will be, lol. For me it's all about the Pre-fits, would be nice for someone to step up soon.

Reactions: ABC1000
Hoping for prefits and that they match between the SS and TI. Could use one of both.

Holy crap. What a great deal if this is the real deal.
I’ve handled one at their shop. They are really nice. They are waiting on machine time to get a run produced. I’m definitely getting one

Reactions: Bolty
I’ve handled one at their shop. They are really nice. They are waiting on machine time to get a run produced. I’m definitely getting one

I just got my KRG bravo in today, this is my first build ever and will be my first bolt action I have owned. I am desperstly waiting for this, ill be buying one when there released

Reactions: Average guy
I just got my KRG bravo in today, this is my first build ever and will be my first bolt action I have owned. I am desperstly waiting for this, ill be buying one when there released
I will be picking one up also.

I'm thinking about one as well. Was going to true up an action I have, but for the price, thinking I sell it and get one of these.

They will take remage barrels right?

I hope this is a big run. It would be nice if they could be in stock... At least for a little bit, but if they keep to their price I'm not sure that will be the case.

I hope this is a big run. It would be nice if they could be in stock... At least for a little bit, but if they keep to their price I'm not sure that will be the case.
The are a Remington tenon. The only issue you may run into is the lugs on the bolt are 15 thou wider I was told. It may require a small amount of material be removed from the barrel. I was told the bolt is the same as the replacement bolt they already sell. As such the lugs are slightly thicker for fitting in 700 factory actions. If material removal is waranted it would be a simple skim cut off the portion of the barrel where the lugs would touch. Simple for any machine shop to accomplish. Just have to see if it headspaces before there is contact.

The are a Remington tenon. The only issue you may run into is the lugs on the bolt are 15 thou wider I was told. It may require a small amount of material be removed from the barrel. I was told the bolt is the same as the replacement bolt they already sell. As such the lugs are slightly thicker for fitting in 700 factory actions. If material removal is waranted it would be a simple skim cut off the portion of the barrel where the lugs would touch. Simple for any machine shop to accomplish. Just have to see if it headspaces before there is contact.

True for a factory barrel but with a Remage barrel you set the headspace and timing yourself. There is no shoulder on those barrels. You use a remage barrel nut to tighten down and hold the barrel in place after you use go and no go gauges to set headspace and timing. You wouldnt need to shave anything off. Remage barrel is a Savage barrel system threaded for remington actions. No need for a gunsmith.

Last edited:
True for a factory barrel but with a Remage barrel you set the headspace and timing yourself. There is no shoulder on those barrels. You use a remage barrel nut to tighten down and hold the barrel in place after you use go and no go gauges to set headspace and timing. You wouldnt need to shave anything off. Remage barrel is a Savage barrelnsystem threaded for remington actions. No need for a gunsmith.
No shit read what I wrote carefully. There is nothing about machining a barrel shoulde. Just the rear face of the barrel where the lugs would contact the barrel. This answer is verbatim what I was told by Mack bros. If you don’t understand what I’m telling you then maybe you should research a little on what the barrel face of a Remington tenon looks like and it’s relationship with the action. Btw I build multiple savage, 700 Remage and Remington 783 prefit builds.

No shit read what I wrote carefully. There is nothing about machining a barrel shoulde. Just the rear face of the barrel where the lugs would contact the barrel. This answer is verbatim what I was told by Mack bros. If you don’t understand what I’m telling you then maybe you should research a little on what the barrel face of a Remington tenon looks like and it’s relationship with the action. Btw I build multiple savage, 700 Remage and Remington 783 prefit builds.

Sorry yea i miss read, at work so was reading and doing things at the same time.

Last edited:
Is it me or Is if the plan was to show these at SHOT 2020 and stir up all the hype Id think they wouldve been ready to make them immediately, not wait til half the year was over...jus saying..main reason i was hypesd but then felt the,"wah wah" after I saw when they Might hit the streets..

-Reagan

Last edited:

I think Bolty is pretty new to all this (based on his other posts).

Is it me or Is if the plan was to show these at SHOT 2020 and stir up all the hype Id think they wouldve been ready to make them immediately, not wait til half the year was over...jus saying..main reason i was hypesd but then felt the,"wah wah" after I saw when they Might hit the streets..

-Reagan
Their plate is pretty full with other work (suppressors etc), and they were upfront about when they might be released. I see no issue here. Besides, their work is always top notch (I have one of their suppressors).

When you do good work, your queue is always full.

Their plate is pretty full with other work (suppressors etc), and they were upfront about when they might be released. I see no issue here. Besides, their work is always top notch (I have one of their suppressors).

When you do good work, your queue is always full.
Theres no prob, I was just saying what I said because its seems like they wouldve sold more if they released them sooner than to release them later. Either way im excited to see the outcome of these under $600 actions and how they perform.

-Reagan

Theres no prob, I was just saying what I said because its seems like they wouldve sold more if they released them sooner than to release them later. Either way im excited to see the outcome of these under $600 actions and how they perform.

-Reagan
Oh, I hear you, but I'm sure their production cycle is their production cycle. Fitting in a new product into a busy production cycle is a challenge and often dictates "when" is even viable without compromising something else.

<shrug> It is, what it is.

I think Bolty is pretty new to all this (based on his other posts).

Well sir , while I am not new to "all of this" I am new to building my own rifle. So yes sir, your statement is half true. Since you wanted to quote him the why not quote where I said I had missread his statements. Also sir please dont throw shade at someone without first asking said person anythi

Hmmmmm never said I wasn't new to building a bolt action rifle, as I stated up top there, this is my first one.

Secondly someone posted a question, I linked this thread in reference to there statement.

Third, in response to some of your comments, while sarcastic and snarky, just remember, personally I dont care what you think based on my other posts. If you are referring to some posts in another thread then ask me as I have good reasons to post what I did and already explained them to another member. Also next time, take a more professional approach and ask me via PM instead of putting someone on "blast". While I do see some people on here think there just "the shit or know it all" maybe before you judge someone you should find out why they responded in the way they did.

Forth

NO where in my comment back did I mention to mill or take anything off the shoulder of the barrel. So sir I believe you misread what I had wrote in my response to you.

While I was just going to let that go even with your snarky reply I see I need to make light of that. So sir you are incorrect in what I have said. I also after reading your post again realized I had miss read your post and replied back stating that, then again all the NON readers just glancing over the posts must have missed my response and statement of misreading the post.

Lastly, for all you that like to just talk crap, next time, just PM me when I make a mistake I will publicly admit to it but if your going to put me on blast instead of being "professional" about it and PMing someone as to correct them or find out why they said what they said then I will respond in accordance.

Well Bolty,

Let me say this as professionally as I can.

I have watched (quietly) your posts about recommending equipment to other shooters when you clearly have no fucking clue what you're talking about. I was being polite not smacking you in the pee pee earlier, because youth and exuberance don't deserve to be smacked down. But feigned outrage and arrogance, well, I can remedy that now, now can't I?

You've already established you're a noob to reloading here: https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/noob-needing-help-on-reloading-equipment.6997693/

And then you admit you don't even have a bolt action yet (or ever have) here: https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/mack-bro’s-ss-evo.6983055/page-2#post-8479731

So before you start acting all butt hurt, just FUCKING stop. NOW. Step away from the fuckiing keyboard, shut your pie hole, read some more and maybe go out and get some experience before you come in here and start lecturing people on being professional.

If you CAN'T do that, you are more than welcome to leave. Right now, I'll leave that decision up to you. For now.

Best Ohagi GIFs | Gfycat

Last edited:
Well sir , while I am not new to "all of this" I am new to building my own rifle. So yes sir, your statement is half true. Since you wanted to quote him the why not quote where I said I had missread his statements. Also sir please dont throw shade at someone without first asking said person anythi

Hmmmmm never said I wasn't new to building a bolt action rifle, as I stated up top there, this is my first one.

Secondly someone posted a question, I linked this thread in reference to there statement.

Third, in response to some of your comments, while sarcastic and snarky, just remember, personally I dont care what you think based on my other posts. If you are referring to some posts in another thread then ask me as I have good reasons to post what I did and already explained them to another member. Also next time, take a more professional approach and ask me via PM instead of putting someone on "blast". While I do see some people on here think there just "the shit or know it all" maybe before you judge someone you should find out why they responded in the way they did.

Forth

NO where in my comment back did I mention to mill or take anything off the shoulder of the barrel. So sir I believe you misread what I had wrote in my response to you.

While I was just going to let that go even with your snarky reply I see I need to make light of that. So sir you are incorrect in what I have said. I also after reading your post again realized I had miss read your post and replied back stating that, then again all the NON readers just glancing over the posts must have missed my response and statement of misreading the post.

Lastly, for all you that like to just talk crap, next time, just PM me when I make a mistake I will publicly admit to it but if your going to put me on blast instead of being "professional" about it and PMing someone as to correct them or find out why they said what they said then I will respond in accordance.
As nicely as I can say it. You should shut the fuck up. You were even at the last post. Now you are showing blatant stupidity. Go be butt hurt somewhere else.

Hence why I was trying (initially) to not take him to the wood shed (directly and publicly). People tend to dog pile here (sometimes rightly so). But he seems to have relieved me of that responsibility, and has also shed some light on how many others also saw what I pointed out. His best course of action is to take his medicine, stick around, learn, earn his experience and this will all soon be forgotten.

Hence why I was trying (initially) to not take him to the wood shed (directly and publicly). People tend to dog pile here (sometimes rightly so). But he seems to have relieved me of that responsibility, and has also shed some light on how many others also saw what I pointed out. His best course of action is to take his medicine, stick around, learn, earn his experience and this will all soon be forgotten.
Yup, take the constructive criticism and drive on. He’ll get respect if he shuts up and starts listening.

Anyway, is there a preorder list for this action?

Yup, take the constructive criticism and drive on. He’ll get respect if he shuts up and starts listening.

Anyway, is there a preorder list for this action?

As stated before, no preorder list. No list whatsoever.

Edit: Confirmed it myself via Email to them.

As stated before, no preorder list. No list whatsoever.

Edit: Confirmed it myself via Email to them.

Hey, just wanna make sure here. Is there a pre-order list for this somewhere??? :ROFLMAO:

I’m interested! The bolt design definitely looks interesting, and the price point is absolutely interesting if they pull it off right! Hopefully they can get a run out soon and we can see some user feedback.

Hey, just wanna make sure here. Is there a pre-order list for this somewhere??? :ROFLMAO:

I’m interested! The bolt design definitely looks interesting, and the price point is absolutely interesting if they pull it off right! Hopefully they can get a run out soon and we can see some user feedback.
I’m hoping to pick one up as soon as possible. They are located in Sturgis SD so I’m pretty local to them. It’s the same bolt they already market as a Remington 700 replacement.

Reactions: Basher
Well Bolty,

Let me say this as professionally as I can.

I have watched (quietly) your posts about recommending equipment to other shooters when you clearly have no fucking clue what you're talking about. I was being polite not smacking you in the pee pee earlier, because youth and exuberance don't deserve to be smacked down. But feigned outrage and arrogance, well, I can remedy that now, now can't I?

You've already established you're a noob to reloading here: https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/noob-needing-help-on-reloading-equipment.6997693/

And then you admit you don't even have a bolt action yet (or ever have) here: https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/mack-bro’s-ss-evo.6983055/page-2#post-8479731

So before you start acting all butt hurt, just FUCKING stop. NOW. Step away from the fuckiing keyboard, shut your pie hole, read some more and maybe go out and get some experience before you come in here and start lecturing people on being professional.

If you CAN'T do that, you are more than welcome to leave. Right now, I'll leave that decision up to you. For now.

Best Ohagi GIFs | Gfycat

Well sir, you do not have all the facts from the other thread, as I have had PMs sent to me from the OP and another person in that thread where I was giving my OPINION on something after clearing stating I have NEVER BUILT or OWNED a bolt action rifle. While also chatting with another person and I was warned about behavior such as this on this forum. I am quiet aware of what can and will happen.

Secondly, didnt know every one on this forum does reloads, I bet someone doesnt do reloading so I guess if your new to it then you must be new to all shooting and have no experience with a bot action rifle just because your new to reloading. ( has nothing to do with this thread)

Yes once again, up front I made it quite clear, I also stated I just got my KRG Bravo chassis in a couple days ago so I am currently building a rifle for the first time. Doesnt mean I can not give my OPINION on something or make someone aware of a product that is or potentially is coming out. People can have knowledge of a subject by doing research and talking to people. You also dont know what other forums I am on ect.

No one here knows my background or experience with bolt action rifles, matter a fact you know nothing about me. So no I will not shut the fuck up, nor will I sit here and let you talk shit about me when you dont know all the facts. If you want to ban me then fine, do it, dont really care, this isnt the only forum on the web. So take your ban statement and go threaten someone else with it. :sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

Go ahead, dog pile me, let me have it. While I will take what knowledge I can learn, I wont sit here and be told I cant post an OPINION from a new persons perspective. While I am new to building a BOLT ACTION RIFLE, I am not new to shooting or firearms as a whole. I have owned ARs, still have one handgun, so if you dont like what I have to say then dont read it. I give a fair statement before I make a comment in a thread, weathers its a firearms forum, car forum, motorcycle forum or any other forum. I am not apposed to learning but if your going to ban me for setting the record straight then make it quick.

Lastly and even though this has nothing to do with this thread I made the thread for reloading as I wanted other peoples OPINIONS on things as I am new to reload, the last thread was 8 years old. That thread wasn't for just me, it was for others possibly coming here and starting out. Some of the stuff in there I already new but wanted confirmation on or just wanted peoples opinions from this forum for future knowledge. So go ahead throw it in my face I am new to reloading, who cares, you dont know my background nor do you know I had no time until now to start certain things due to my very busy military career and being deployed for literally half my career. No not saying just to get sympathy just stating I had no time to actually do some of these thing I am currently starting but always wanted to do. I know most people here are currently or prior LE/MIL ect.

:coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Correct. I'm showing another example of stuff that gets announced but isn't ready for at least a year.

Sir, the only reason I had linked to this thread is because last I heard they where still releasing in June and someone in another thread asked where to be shown where an action could be purchased from 450 to 550 dollars. Right now I personally have no reason why they would not release them if there still open due to what I have heard about the company ect. Then again what does my OPINION matter since I know nothing (according to the dog pile here) about anything. Then again I am going to call them tomorrow and get some info from them.

Should I ask permission to post the info I get ????

Sir, the only reason I had linked to this thread is because last I heard they where still releasing in June and someone in another thread asked where to be shown where an action could be purchased from 450 to 550 dollars. Right now I personally have no reason why they would not release them if there still open due to what I have heard about the company ect. Then again what does my OPINION matter since I know nothing (according to the dog pile here) about anything. Then again I am going to call them tomorrow and get some info from them.

Should I ask permission to post the info I get ????
I'm not saying this action won't be released for a year. Some stuff just takes a while. I'm looking forward to this action.

Well sir, you do not have all the facts from the other thread, as I have had PMs sent to me from the OP and another person in that thread where I was giving my OPINION on something after clearing stating I have NEVER BUILT or OWNED a bolt action rifle. While also chatting with another person and I was warned about behavior such as this on this forum. I am quiet aware of what can and will happen.

Secondly, didnt know every one on this forum does reloads, I bet someone doesnt do reloading so I guess if your new to it then you must be new to all shooting and have no experience with a bot action rifle just because your new to reloading. ( has nothing to do with this thread)

Yes once again, up front I made it quite clear, I also stated I just got my KRG Bravo chassis in a couple days ago so I am currently building a rifle for the first time. Doesnt mean I can not give my OPINION on something or make someone aware of a product that is or potentially is coming out. People can have knowledge of a subject by doing research and talking to people. You also dont know what other forums I am on ect.

No one here knows my background or experience with bolt action rifles, matter a fact you know nothing about me. So no I will not shut the fuck up, nor will I sit here and let you talk shit about me when you dont know all the facts. If you want to ban me then fine, do it, dont really care, this isnt the only forum on the web. So take your ban statement and go threaten someone else with it. :sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

Go ahead, dog pile me, let me have it. While I will take what knowledge I can learn, I wont sit here and be told I cant post an OPINION from a new persons perspective. While I am new to building a BOLT ACTION RIFLE, I am not new to shooting or firearms as a whole. I have owned ARs, still have one handgun, so if you dont like what I have to say then dont read it. I give a fair statement before I make a comment in a thread, weathers its a firearms forum, car forum, motorcycle forum or any other forum. I am not apposed to learning but if your going to ban me for setting the record straight then make it quick.

Lastly and even though this has nothing to do with this thread I made the thread for reloading as I wanted other peoples OPINIONS on things as I am new to reload, the last thread was 8 years old. That thread wasn't for just me, it was for others possibly coming here and starting out. Some of the stuff in there I already new but wanted confirmation on or just wanted peoples opinions from this forum for future knowledge. So go ahead throw it in my face I am new to reloading, who cares, you dont know my background nor do you know I had no time until now to start certain things due to my very busy military career and being deployed for literally half my career. No not saying just to get sympathy just stating I had no time to actually do some of these thing I am currently starting but always wanted to do. I know most people here are currently or prior LE/MIL ect.

:coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

I think you need a month to sit down and rethink things. Bye bye.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
The dearly departed reminds me a bit of a fellow PL once upon a time...dude just did not take direction, no matter from who or how provided. Managed to get himself fired and his platoon stood down for a month of retraining while deployed. Eventually got asked to go be a civilian. Some folks work hard at not learning.

It's a shame these aren't on the market yet. I'm all over the place on actions, depending on my mood and the day. These appear to be a great value and might just make my decision a bit easier. Especially true considering the idea of buying a cheap rifle to part it out mostly strikes me as a hassle I don't need to end up with an action that might be tight/good.

I think Chad mentioned in a post on here that their bolts might be an option.
you will like the bolt. I’m pretty sure it’s the same as on the EVO Ti, and I’m
a fan of it already. A SS version of this action with this bolt for that price.
Makes me wish i could do over a few builds. I don’t need one, don’t need another one,
I don’t need another one.
16CE123C-D25B-461C-A551-CB00259A2672.jpeg
AC5AC02D-3265-41D9-95FE-8CC491ED29DA.jpeg

I think Chad mentioned in a post on here that their bolts might be an option.
you will like the bolt. I’m pretty sure it’s the same as on the EVO Ti, and I’m
a fan of it already. A SS version of this action with this bolt for that price.
Makes me wish i could do over a few builds. I don’t need one, don’t need another one,
I don’t need another one.
View attachment 7304330View attachment 7304331
It is the the same bolt. It’s really nice

Some days I really want this action, some days I really want to just pony up and start a build on something else. I wish they'd put out an availability date so I could make myself wait

Can someone point me to specs for this thing? My assumption is the Ti specs, but heavier - I just cannot seem to find a page for it. What bottom metal are you all running (or would you run) with this?