• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mack Bro’s SS Evo

duramaxed

Private
Minuteman
May 4, 2011
Didn’t see anything posted in the Shot Show thread.

Mack Bros introduced a Stainless Evo that looks nice. At $600 seems pretty hard to beat. Aesthetically a good looking action.

Never felt one To be able to compare but the Ti thread on here shows positive results

thoughts?

Attachments

• D08430E7-FFE5-46C7-AC63-C1306F6D98A5.jpeg
    D08430E7-FFE5-46C7-AC63-C1306F6D98A5.jpeg
    427.1 KB · Views: 2,677
I posted some other pics and info they gave me at shot in the shot show thread.

Reactions: duramaxed
I have one of their cans and I can say their machine work is top notch.

I may have to snag one of the actions at some point.. soon!

Reactions: LG65CM
@Bantam1 great pics and info. Thanks. Looks like there is some interest in it. I’ll be one for that price.

No problem. I never get the chance to see a lot of items that I am interested in. I have to rely on info here. I try to get as much info as I can and return the favor to so many on this site.

It's very nice and the bolt is quite slick. They're going to sell as many as they can make once the word gets out. Marketing is not their focus so you don't hear a lot about them but they do make the actions and cans that have a lot of other companies' names on them.
Justin

Disclosure- they are friends of ours but I think I can still objectively say they are very nice.

I can’t wait to get my hands on one of these.

At that price point they should do very well, as long as there's no fatal flaws.

If it's a good performing action, then it looks like it could be a very solid base to build a more budget orientated rifle.

Reactions: Average guy
At that price point they should do very well, as long as there's no fatal flaws.

If it's a good performing action, then it looks like it could be a very solid base to build a more budget orientated rifle.
I spoke to them this morning. Once their SHOT inventory arrives I’m going to handle one of the actions. Got my name in the hat for an early action once they come out. I’ll keep everyone posted. Love the idea of a custom action that’s made local to me.

Mack Bros is a Hidden Gem at SHOT

This action is insanely worth the time and consideration

I agree 100%. I forgot about visiting them and they were next to Badger. Thankfully I stopped and took a look at it. The only reason I stopped was to talk to them about the bolt for the REM 700. They showed me the action and said "why not just buy the action instead of doing the work?" Made sense to me.

Definitely going to keep an eye on this. Nothing on their website yet.

Did anyone happen to get a weight on the action? I emailed them and they told me available June 2020, but glossed over my question on how much it weighs.

I didn't ask. It felt to be of similar weight for other stainless short actions to me. They had their Ti action on display and of course it was much lighter.

Mack Broz are top notch dudes that manufacture superior quality stuff. I run quite a few items that they produce, including 3 of their cans. I don’t own one of their actions yet, but I will very soon. To know where those guys started and know what they are doing today, says a lot about them and their team. Custom actions at 575-600$$$ these Boyz will own this market! Good luck to them, keep making quality stuff so us gun geeks can play more!

I’ll probably jump on one when they’re available. I don’t have any idea what I’ll build, but I’ll figure it out.

I’ll probably build one too. I hope they standardize the tenon between the SS and the Ti so barrels could swap. They seem to make really nice stuff so If they can pull off an action worthy of prefits, it’d be a grand slam at the price point.

Reactions: mercracing
I’ll probably build one too. I hope they standardize the tenon between the SS and the Ti so barrels could swap. They seem to make really nice stuff so If they can pull off an action worthy of prefits, it’d be a grand slam at the price point.
I’ve got an MPA and an MDT just sitting around. I feel like I should put them to good use.

Anyone know if they will be offered in left hand? I'm sure not right away but down the road.

Any word of a 223 bolt head offering? Either way the positivity surrounding this new action is going to see it flying of the shelves.

Reactions: ohiofarmer
If they aren’t shut down because of the virus.

I emailed them a couple days ago about full specs on this action, and when we will be able to get our hands on them.

I am planning a build, was going to rebarrel a 700 action I have, but if this takes remages I can use the barrel I have ordered in this action, I might sell the 700 and upgrade to this.

Just talked to them today on the phone. They're shooting for June, no pre-order( a good thing IMHO) and the action will have swappable bolt heads eventually. Uses Remington threads not savage.

As long as it's reasonably smooth with good tolerances I'm sure they will sell a boatload of them, especially if someone starts making prefits. Just up the road from LRI if Chad wants to start!

Are they taking down names or do we just have to wait until they're on the website?