• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mack Bro’s SS Evo

makes sense LRI would. Sweet as.

What did they quote you as for turn around time?

Anybody know when these will be back in stock?? Seems like they’ve been OOS for a while now

My gut says they are not likely to come back. The source of material that was used for these in order to meet that price point is now extinct.

If they ever do come back it will be at much higher prices.

• Angry
Reactions: 3-0-hate
Were they still planning to update the tennon/threads to accept remage style bbls? (Without the -.01"? Or something like that?)

I reached out via email a week or two ago and the response I got was the middle of this month. So I guess we will see

Reactions: Redvanes
It's entirely possible. I have no insider info on their inventory nor plans for head spacing.

I just happen to know where the material to make these came from due to conversations with industry insiders at events. Once they exhaust inventory finding the same price again isn't likely to happen as it was clearance material from a producer that was closing their doors.

• Haha
Reactions: FredIII
The material cost increase can't be too terribly much - $ 10- $ 20 per unit, unless they got the prior bar stock at scrap prices.
There's not that much steel in a short action Rem 700 receiver.

Last edited:
The material cost increase cant be too terribly much - $ 10- $ 20 per unit, unless they got the prior bar stock at scrap prices.
There's not that much steel in a short action Rem 700 receiver.

Exactly... most of the cost is in the machining.

I'm still hoping for a long action but I might try a different action, hell mine is still in the box as I have other projects to complete first. That said I wouldn't be surprised to see the cost goes up by 10% but it will still be a great price for the feature set.

Reactions: Evlshnngns
Man.... are they ever going to be back in stock?

I reached out on 2/4 and was told end of month for availability.

I reached out on 2/4 and was told end of month for availability.

I'm looking forward to getting a hold of one of these.

I know I'm more than likely in the minority, but I actually like the simplicity of it: like a better made already-trued/blueprinted R700 with a real extractor and threaded knob. I'm fine with push-feed and a single boltface too. I don't need any fancy controlled-round-feed or changeable boltface I'll never use.

Though I DO hope they go with Savage threads like the Origin and Nucleus, and hope their tolerances are close enough to support shouldered prefits.

Last edited:
Reactions: Redvanes
Has anyone actually seen/owned a remage compatible EVO SS? Or is that just a thing that exists in the ether?

Also, has anyone actually purchased a prefit from LRI?

IMG_20210110_102716009_HDR.jpg

I'm trying to get a drawing released to see what it would take for prefits, but so far I'm just really impressed with this action. The additional surface on the lug makes it comparable to any integrated lug action.

It would run fine with an internal mag as well. I wouldn't recommend it for a single shot because feed spacers suck lol

Nice rifle, seems a little odd that it is topped with an entry level chinese optic.
A range report on the rifle and optic combo would be nice, especially if you are using it in comps.
I've actually put my DMR2 PRO on it since it has a bigger eyebox. That being said the Arken is a fantastic scope for the money and uses true ED glass. I would put it up against a DMRII any day(not the pro). I've used the arken in comps and it tracks extremely accurately with no issues at all. I will say that the center dot is very small and if you're not used to it can get lost pretty easily.

This rifle combo is my new comp setup. Macbro SS, foundation, proof, elf trigger, APA little bastard. It shoots 1/2 moa with Berger 109s and feels amazing to shoot. An interesting note about the action/bolt is that the elf trigger can go safely down to 8 oz, I have tried this trigger in a few different actions and it normally becomes unsafe a hair over 1 lb.

Reactions: CK1.0
This foundation was actually cut for an impact. Had to take out just a little bit of material for the hanger to make it fit but otherwise no issues. The injection port on the impact is actually different than this one but luckily in the right direction so I didn't have to cut it larger. A defiance tactical will not fit in this foundation stock since the bolt sweep hits and you can't close the bolt

Starting to wonder if they’re just a mythical creature....

A46F97A7-9D89-42D3-B795-C298B9A101AB.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Flather18
For me there is better purchase on a swept bolt. The handle gets closer to the second knuckle, I use the “blade” method to start the bolt lift, when the handle hits closer to the third knuckle there is a tendency to want to slip. Less control for my style, and aesthetically, straight handles look like iron horse cocks. Bang! *shifts gears on his donkey* Bang!

Last edited:
Reactions: khuber84
Just an FYI you can now order the SS Evo on backorder on their website. I reached out and they said they did a small batch to fill other back orders and they expect 30-45 days to fulfill this backorder session. You may remember that the previously said it would be normally available mid January, then end of February, and now its end of March and its available via backorder. My guess would be to expect longer than the 30-45 day window.

Reactions: CK1.0 and Redvanes
I think I'm going to backorder one of these... but still wondering about the tenon/threading? - as it's still a no-go for me if they're sticking with a proprietary tenon/thread that nobody is already making prefits for.
Anyone know if it's been changed?

If they're going to work with Remage or Savage prefits... pretty hard to resist buying.

I want to also but I can't decide what the heck I want to build!!!
6mmPRC sounds fun but so does a 22GT or a 22BRA

Decisions are hard...

When you put one on backorder to they charge your card right away?