• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Mack Bros Suppressors

Re: Mack Bros Suppressors

SD Silencers has Mack Bros make there varmintor 2.0 cans. Very nice from what I've seen.

Handled them quite a bit at SHOT. Those guys know how to machine, and the cans are light. The price was crazy (great price for a Ti can). I haven't shot one yet but I'm looking forward to it.
Justin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Massoud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The price was crazy (great price for a Ti can). I haven't shot one yet but I'm looking forward to it.
Justin </div></div>
I've heard nothing but good things about them. However, the price is nice because (at least on the Varminter 2.0) it does <span style="font-weight: bold">NOT</span> have the more expensive Ti baffles. Just a tube and end caps.

I wish the Mack Bros all the best cause like I said...their product will speak for itself. I (personally) just don't trust the guy peddling them (SDSilencer)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c_bass16</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Massoud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The price was crazy (great price for a Ti can). I haven't shot one yet but I'm looking forward to it.
Justin </div></div>
I've heard nothing but good things about them. However, the price is nice because (at least on the Varminter 2.0) it does <span style="font-weight: bold">NOT</span> have the more expensive Ti baffles. Just a tube and end caps.

I wish the Mack Bros all the best cause like I said...their product will speak for itself. <span style="color: #FF0000"> I (personally) just don't trust the guy peddling them (SDSilencer)</span> </div></div>

Can you elaborate?

I can't speak for c_bass but i'm with him on this.

The guy is a slick talking salesman and he just rubs me the wrong way. I talked to a local gunsmith who is friends with him, he told me that mack bros was making the varmintor for sdsilencer.
Well a month or so later at a local gun show i asked sdsilencer who was making the can for them, already knowing the answer, and he gave me a big run around about how he couldn't tell me because of mythic fairy dust that might fall from the sky... after i told him i already knew he back peddled pretty quick. Might have something to do with who Mack Bro also does business with in a very large way...

Either way mack bros is g2g, sdsilencer is not in my book. sleazy salesmen...

A week before shot Show I stopped in at Allen Macks shop. Allen is one of the kindest and smartest people I have ever met. While touring his shop he showed us his (Cans)yes there will be more calibors then there are currently listed. He showed us the 30 cal and I was rather impressed with the weight and the price. He shot one of his cans right there in the shop and it was impressive. As for SD Silencers anyone that has a M107 on display at all the shows that has never been fired makes you wonder if its just all for show.

MY SOT ordered a .223 & .308 they said they were in stock ready for the form 3's. We will see.

SDsilencer is a clown. I talked to him on the phone just for the entertainment factor. He clearly is in it for the money and not the growth of our industry.

When i asked SDsilencer for a price on a TBAC 30p-1 he said that he wouldn't recommend them because they are too loud and not hearing safe and that he recommended a liberty instead. After that i went straight to Skinney (oneill ops) and ordered my TBAC.
grin.gif

Now on to important things... does mack bros have a web site or a place to view their cans online?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dirtdigger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When i asked SDsilencer for a price on a TBAC 30p-1 he said that he wouldn't recommend them because they are too loud and not hearing safe and that he recommended a liberty instead. After that i went straight to Skinney (oneill ops) and ordered my TBAC.
grin.gif

</div></div>
Thanks Dd... I can't vouch for sdsilencer, but I personally have 1st hand experience with the TBAC 30p-1 and 30BA, both suppress sound phenomenally, and top of the class in precision... I have a product review I will have done, tomorrow sometime shooting the 30BA on our 257 weatherby @ 100yds then again @ 400yds, sub MOA all the way fellas!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SDsilencer is a clown. I talked to him on the phone just for the entertainment factor. He clearly is in it for the money and not the growth of our industry. </div></div>
smile.gif
thumbs_up.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SDsilencer is a clown. I talked to him on the phone just for the entertainment factor. He clearly is in it for the money and not the growth of our industry. </div></div>

I talked to him at a gunshow on Sunday and was not impressed. He told me the Thunderbeast 30p-1 was basically junk ("One of the loudest in the industry."), and told me a NFA trust was a waste of time and would cost a minimum of a grand. I came away feeling like I had just been talking to a used car salesman. The suppressors (Mack Bros.) looked good, but I don't have any experience to say much about them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: predatornut</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SDsilencer is a clown. I talked to him on the phone just for the entertainment factor. He clearly is in it for the money and not the growth of our industry. </div></div>

I talked to him at a gunshow on Sunday and was not impressed. He told me the Thunderbeast 30p-1 was basically junk ("One of the loudest in the industry."), and told me a NFA trust was a waste of time and would cost a minimum of a grand. I came away feeling like I had just been talking to a used car salesman. </div></div>

He's one of my major comps... sounds like he hasn't pulled the trigger with a TBAC @ the end of his stick, I've ran em... and they are great PERIOD... I have nothing to say about the Mack bros can, because I haven't ran one yet, and I won't unless it doesn't have "varminter" on it...

Don't recall talking to anyone in KY about silencers? Remind me when you called?

The best part about SD silencer is that they own a sound testing meter. The Mack Bros suppressor tests at the top.

Yes! Mack Brother's in Sturgis, SD is producing silencers for Dakota Silencers in South Dakota and North Dakota. You can read more Varminter 2.0 by Mack Brothers here. As you probably know, Allan and Dale Mack are very talented and very tenured in the firearms industry. Dakota Silencer is selling to SOT dealers throughout the country and to residents of the Dakotas obviously.

We own a military standard sound testing meter, the B&K 2209. Our meter was recently used on Son's of Guns TV series for testing their 50 BMG integrally suppressed project. The testing on the Varminter 2.0 in .223 & .308 shows the db suppression to be industry leading.

Happy to answer any specific questions, I know Allan Mack is personal friends with the owner of this forum and I believe they have received or will be receiving a free product sample.

Dakota Silencer believes the margins are insane on silencers at the manufacture's level and thus the reason we approached Mack Brother's about a high quality product at a fair price.

Thanks, Brandon

Reactions: kytrapper

Not sure if you spoke with me or a member of my team at SD Silencer. The Mack Brothers were in the middle of a business name change a few months ago and we honored our commitment to keep their identity private until they completed a long process of the name change with ATF. They have been called HMI, West River Rifle, and we committed to keep their identity anonymous until this process was complete. Sorry if anyone was rubbed the wrong way. Thanks, Brandon

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dirtdigger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't speak for c_bass but i'm with him on this.

The guy is a slick talking salesman and he just rubs me the wrong way. I talked to a local gunsmith who is friends with him, he told me that mack bros was making the varmintor for sdsilencer.
Well a month or so later at a local gun show i asked sdsilencer who was making the can for them, already knowing the answer, and he gave me a big run around about how he couldn't tell me because of mythic fairy dust that might fall from the sky... after i told him i already knew he back peddled pretty quick. Might have something to do with who Mack Bro also does business with in a very large way...

Either way mack bros is g2g, sdsilencer is not in my book. sleazy salesmen... </div></div>

My point to you was... there are no NFA Trust attorneys in ND doing NFA Trusts that I am aware of. I asked you why you wanted an NFA Trust, you stated for death planning... In ND, where every CLEO happily signs a Form 4, I don't see the value of an NFA Trust for death planning, sorry. I stand by my statement that you would be better putting the money into a retirement plan than hiring an attorney to do an NFA Trust in ND. If you had others you wanted to use the silencer, then I would have agreed an NFA Trust should be explored, you said death only... I asked twice to clarify...

I also highly recommend paying the $50 bucks to review the SilencerResearch.com sound testing on the TBA. The first tests showed this product to be one of the loudest cans tested, I understand they have probably upgraded their design, but you seemed to have no realization that the product has historically been too loud to shoot. I am happy to meter the TBA against a Varminter 2.0 from Mack Brother's. I will bring my wallet and my military grade sound tester. Thanks, Brandon

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: predatornut</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SDsilencer is a clown. I talked to him on the phone just for the entertainment factor. He clearly is in it for the money and not the growth of our industry. </div></div>

I talked to him at a gunshow on Sunday and was not impressed. He told me the Thunderbeast 30p-1 was basically junk ("One of the loudest in the industry."), and told me a NFA trust was a waste of time and would cost a minimum of a grand. I came away feeling like I had just been talking to a used car salesman. The suppressors (Mack Bros.) looked good, but I don't have any experience to say much about them. </div></div>

beretta989 -

Correction, the 50 BMG was a Barrett 82A1, not an M107. Two reasons never shot, one value goes down when shot AND Barrett voids the warranty when a silencer is used on an 82A1. I sold it to a guy in Pierre at the Sioux Falls Show. The Barrett attracts attention and brings potential customers to the table.

Thanks! Brandon

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beretta989</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A week before shot Show I stopped in at Allen Macks shop. Allen is one of the kindest and smartest people I have ever met. While touring his shop he showed us his (Cans)yes there will be more calibors then there are currently listed. He showed us the 30 cal and I was rather impressed with the weight and the price. He shot one of his cans right there in the shop and it was impressive. As for SD Silencers anyone that has a M107 on display at all the shows that has never been fired makes you wonder if its just all for show. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dakota_silencer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My point to you was... there are no NFA Trust attorneys in ND doing NFA Trusts that I am aware of. I asked you why you wanted an NFA Trust, you stated for death planning... In ND, where every CLEO happily signs a Form 4, I don't see the value of an NFA Trust for death planning, sorry. I stand by my statement that you would be better putting the money into a retirement plan than hiring an attorney to do an NFA Trust in ND. If you had others you wanted to use the silencer, then I would have agreed an NFA Trust should be explored, you said death only... I asked twice to clarify...

I also highly recommend paying the $50 bucks to review the SilencerResearch.com sound testing on the TBA. The first tests showed this product to be one of the loudest cans tested, I understand they have probably upgraded their design, but you seemed to have no realization that the product has historically been too loud to shoot. I am happy to meter the TBA against a Varminter 2.0 from Mack Brother's. I will bring my wallet and my military grade sound tester. Thanks, Brandon

I talked to him at a gunshow on Sunday and was not impressed. He told me the Thunderbeast 30p-1 was basically junk ("One of the loudest in the industry."), and told me a NFA trust was a waste of time and would cost a minimum of a grand. I came away feeling like I had just been talking to a used car salesman. The suppressors (Mack Bros.) looked good, but I don't have any experience to say much about them. </div></div> </div></div>

Are you serious?

If a TBAC can is registering as loud I would hate to see what a Surefire can is metering.
A trust is more valuable now then ever. They allow the person to bypass a soon to be unneeded signature, keeps their purchases private and not in the eyes of the local LEO, and they aren't waiting on anyone to send off their paperwork.

I say the trust is absolutely the way to go, it offers security and is very convenient.
If you need a trust and a local lawyer that is part of the network of NFA Lawyers... call Apple Law FIrm in Florida. They will take care of your needs.

dakota_silencer or SDsilencer..... whatever name you pick, you need to sign up and become a forum sponsor before you can advertise or peddle product in this forum. I would suggest contacting the owner before they ban you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dakota_silencer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't recall talking to anyone in KY about silencers? Remind me when you called? </div></div>

1. I never told you where I was calling from.
2. Anyone that is serious in Class 3 retail has a sound meter. You are not the only one
3. Why are you putting false information across the table? Just because you sell it, does not mean it's automatically the best option or product.

I talked with one of the guys from Mack Bros at SHOT Show and hope to test a suppressor at some point. They are nice guys and seem to have designed a great product.

I am also going to call Bryon Gaston @ M3 (worlds largest suppressor retailer) and ask him what numbers he can get me. He has very sophisticated sound testing equipment and a huge database of testing that he has already conducted. I would trust his word over any one else.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am also going to call Bryon Gaston @ M3 (worlds largest suppressor retailer) and ask him what numbers he can get me. He has very sophisticated sound testing equipment and a huge database of testing that he has already conducted. I would trust his word over any one else. </div></div>

I think Bryon is purely a wholesaler now and no longer does any retail sales to individuals. Though I am sure he would run a test on the Mack Bros suppressor if he had access to one.

He still tests what he sells to retailers. I know his new situation as I have been a longtime customer of his and talked with him at SHOT show this year. It was the right move for him.

Planning in the event of my death was only one reason I stated for wanting a trust. I also said I wanted my wife to be able to handle it without any legal hassle. I said that my understanding was that without a trust she could not legally know the combination to the safe it was stored in and you told me "they can't really enforce that." I asked for information and got advice that goes against everything I have researched up to this point. I am not and would not say anything against the products you sell, but I do not do business with people who would advise someone to ignore the law.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dakota_silencer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My point to you was... there are no NFA Trust attorneys in ND doing NFA Trusts that I am aware of. I asked you why you wanted an NFA Trust, you stated for death planning... In ND, where every CLEO happily signs a Form 4, I don't see the value of an NFA Trust for death planning, sorry. I stand by my statement that you would be better putting the money into a retirement plan than hiring an attorney to do an NFA Trust in ND. If you had others you wanted to use the silencer, then I would have agreed an NFA Trust should be explored, you said death only... I asked twice to clarify...

I talked to him at a gunshow on Sunday and was not impressed. He told me the Thunderbeast 30p-1 was basically junk ("One of the loudest in the industry."), and told me a NFA trust was a waste of time and would cost a minimum of a grand. I came away feeling like I had just been talking to a used car salesman. The suppressors (Mack Bros.) looked good, but I don't have any experience to say much about them. </div></div></div></div>

A common theme with SDsilencer or dakota_silencer is giving wayward advice in the area of Class 3 purchases. I have heard some horror stories as of late. Dealers need to know that they should not be giving legal advice unless they are well versed in law pertaining to the particular situation, you will be under liability. We had a dealer in KY face some jail time because he was giving poor advice on how to get a trust and how cheap it could be done. Personally, I would not short myself the money on a trust by some yahoo off the street or Quicken Willmaker. I would go to a law office thats knows the law up and down. Seems like common sense would tell you that.

Adam -

Great point on advertising, I will touch base with the owners.

Roll Tide... my mother also attended UA, we went to the Iron Bowl in 2011. Thanks! Brandon

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dakota_silencer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My point to you was... there are no NFA Trust attorneys in ND doing NFA Trusts that I am aware of. I asked you why you wanted an NFA Trust, you stated for death planning... In ND, where every CLEO happily signs a Form 4, I don't see the value of an NFA Trust for death planning, sorry. I stand by my statement that you would be better putting the money into a retirement plan than hiring an attorney to do an NFA Trust in ND. If you had others you wanted to use the silencer, then I would have agreed an NFA Trust should be explored, you said death only... I asked twice to clarify...

I talked to him at a gunshow on Sunday and was not impressed. He told me the Thunderbeast 30p-1 was basically junk ("One of the loudest in the industry."), and told me a NFA trust was a waste of time and would cost a minimum of a grand. I came away feeling like I had just been talking to a used car salesman. The suppressors (Mack Bros.) looked good, but I don't have any experience to say much about them. </div></div> </div></div>

Are you serious?

If a TBAC can is registering as loud I would hate to see what a Surefire can is metering.
A trust is more valuable now then ever. They allow the person to bypass a soon to be unneeded signature, keeps their purchases private and not in the eyes of the local LEO, and they aren't waiting on anyone to send off their paperwork.

I say the trust is absolutely the way to go, it offers security and is very convenient.
If you need a trust and a local lawyer that is part of the network of NFA Lawyers... call Apple Law FIrm in Florida. They will take care of your needs.

dakota_silencer or SDsilencer..... whatever name you pick, you need to sign up and become a forum sponsor before you can advertise or peddle product in this forum. I would suggest contacting the owner before they ban you. </div></div>

Adam -

I agree 100% with your post. I don't know of any NFA Trust attorneys in ND and thus recommend guntrust.com would be the place to start and reason I mentioned the $1,000 estimate. Goldman would write and then get sent to a ND attorney to execute since he is not licensed in ND.

I am not familiar with restrictions on spouse knowing the combination on a safe or having a key to home where stored. I would have never commented on that those types of issues.

Thanks!
Brandon

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: predatornut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Planning in the event of my death was only one reason I stated for wanting a trust. I also said I wanted my wife to be able to handle it without any legal hassle. I said that my understanding was that without a trust she could not legally know the combination to the safe it was stored in and you told me "they can't really enforce that." I asked for information and got advice that goes against everything I have researched up to this point. I am not and would not say anything against the products you sell, but I do not do business with people who would advise someone to ignore the law.

I talked to him at a gunshow on Sunday and was not impressed. He told me the Thunderbeast 30p-1 was basically junk ("One of the loudest in the industry."), and told me a NFA trust was a waste of time and would cost a minimum of a grand. I came away feeling like I had just been talking to a used car salesman. The suppressors (Mack Bros.) looked good, but I don't have any experience to say much about them. </div></div></div></div> </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dakota_silencer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Adam -

I agree 100% with your post. I don't know of any NFA Trust attorneys in ND and thus recommend guntrust.com would be the place to start and reason I mentioned the $1,000 estimate. Goldman would write and then get sent to a ND attorney to execute since he is not licensed in ND.

I am not familiar with restrictions on spouse knowing the combination on a safe or having a key to home where stored. I would have never commented on that those types of issues.

Thanks!
Brandon

[ </div></div>

You are COMPLETELY wrong. The whole trust between two lawyers fees would be around $600.00

It saddens me to know that you are involved in this industry as you are truly a poor representative of the industry. Do not try to contact me on facebook. You are projecting false information to potential consumers and it can and WILL hurt the sport.

Do not try to act like you know me, "brandon"......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Twisted .308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've heard Mack Suppressors may soon be distrbuted by other vendors besides SD .....just sayin'
whistle.gif
</div></div>

I've heard that as well......
laugh.gif

So, what's the word on these suppressors? When will they be available for sale? Does anyone have any photos?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, what's the word on these suppressors? When will they be available for sale? Does anyone have any photos? </div></div>

Here is one that my buddy Chad Dixon cerakoted for them for SHOT show. I have no idea when they are going to be available but Chad's shop is right next door to them and he says they are pretty darn quite.
103_0601.jpg

103_0600.jpg

103_0599.jpg

I believe they said $850.00 but that may not be correct. I think that was a QD model...

KYS338 said:
I believe they said $850.00 but that may not be correct. I think that was a QD model... [/quote

I believe it is $875 plus $95 for a mount.

The magnum rated version is approximately 1" longer and weight 19.5 oz (2.5 oz more than the standard .30 cal can and only costs $20 more. If it was me, I would go for the magnum can. I should be a little quieter and will allow you to use it on magnum calibers in the future. Those of us who own suppressors, know that once you suppress one rifle you will want all of them suppressed. In my opinion, the $20 increase in price for the magnum suppressor is well worth it.

I have one guys and its definatly the cats ass, I have 12 more of them on order and will also be selling them once they arrive. Al and Dale are great guys and are making a great suppressor!!

Well, I got mine ordered and will be inbound in a while! Dont think it will be bad for my first one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MY SOT ordered a .223 & .308 they said they were in stock ready for the form 3's. We will see. </div></div>

Five + weeks since he ordered what was said to be in stock ready for dealer to dealer transfer heard nothing yet. Starting to wonder since so many said the vendor rep was full of Sh*t. PG

Form 3's (dealer transfers) are taking 45-60 days.