• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magnetospeed XFR not syncing

plt228

Private
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2011
Robertsdale, AL
I just got a magnetospeed sporter from the PX and bought the XFR to make things a little easier to get the shot data. I'm using an iphone 7 and can't get it to sync. I've tried 2 different audio jack adapters, a brand new battery in the sporter unit and tried every volume setting more than once. Even pulled my phone out of the lifeproof case. No change. I'll get two beeps when it tries to sync then I " SYNC ERROR No response, or unintelligible response from the attached device."

I'm going to reach out to magnetospeed in the morning but wanted to check here to see if anyone else had a fix for this issue.

No fix here. I have the V3 with the XFR and I’ve tried an IPhone 8, Xr, and 11 and two iPads with similar results.

It currently sits in the case. I ended up purchasing an SD card reader for my MacBook to pull the LOG at the end of the day. If the data really matters, I write it down in a notebook on the range.

Sorry

Thanks for the response. I thought it was odd the listed devices only went to the iphone 6. I just figured they stopped updating the support page with all approved device. Guess I'll get to give them a call today.

Thanks for the response. I thought it was odd the listed devices only went to the iphone 6. I just figured they stopped updating the support page with all approved device. Guess I'll get to give them a call today.

Please do. Also, it may worth dropping it in here for others who are searching for solutions.

I have the the cheaper Magneto speed and have the XFR that works with my Samsung 7 . I have to play with the sound volume to get it to work. My other Chrono is a ProChrono with the bluetooth module. Their software is really good. When I first got the Magneto I was not impressed with the whole software package and called them. Their response is that it was designed with the Iphone in mind. Reason is there can't be any digital data input from a usb cable it has to be a sound input. I thought the XFR dongle was just for Android systems as Android will accept digital data and xfr converts its to a sound impulse. Strange huh. It should be Bluetooth.

I just got off the phone with Ryan. He said in my case I've gotta have data on the sporter before it will connect. Mine is cleared. He also said to put the phone in Airplane Mode and max out the volume on it. Going to run the range to try it out. Hopefully getting data on my sporter and going Airplane Mode will be the trick.

I just got off the phone with Ryan. He said in my case I've gotta have data on the sporter before it will connect. Mine is cleared. He also said to put the phone in Airplane Mode and max out the volume on it. Going to run the range to try it out. Hopefully getting data on my sporter and going Airplane Mode will be the trick.

Any update? Did you get it to work?

No the range was closed down for a week and then my oncall kicked in. But that gave me time to get a wiser mount. That should make it a lot easier to work around my muzzle break. I've already told the family that I'm going to the range sometime father's day weekend. I'll update good or bad next weekend.

I paid extra for the XRF, tried unsuccessfully to make it work one time at the range, and never picked it up again.

Just hooked up my Sporter/XFR to IPhone 6 and it would not communicate at first. As was mentioned, volume control on the
IPhone was the problem. Simply put volume at max and it connected right away. Very good data transfer and makes it much easier to
control the device. Am going to try the IPhone 12 next. But it's fine with a 6....should have thought of this as the data is coming through
the headphone port and that's controlled by the phone volume. Bluetooth would have been nicer but this gets the data to the phone.

Last edited:
I just tried connecting to my iPhone 12 pro max and could not get it to sync. Tried the volume at every level from Max to low and same error.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Check your settings and make sure you aren’t sitting on a phone update. Also I think there has to be data on the Magnetospeed to transfer. FWIW my iPhone XR connects without issue.

Disregard. I just checked and apparently the last iPhone update created a problem. The unit said there was no data (which was incorrect) and the app on the phone wouldn’t connect.

iPhone 6 was a Bluetooth 4.0 device. So this is sort of in the same boat as 4xxx series Kestrel devices. The easy option is pick up an older used phone and just use it in airplane mode as a remote.

I did similar with using an old phone (Moto X) with my LabRadar as a glorified remote since it connected more reliably than my newer phone.

I updated the firmware on the XFR and that did not help. I also updated my IOS software on the iPhone 12 pro max. Still can't get it to connect. I'll just keep trying but will have to settle for using the sim card to store all my results.

I just was able to get my XR to sync and download data. Go into Settings/Privacy/Microphone and see if XFR is flipped on. Mine wasn’t, but as soon as I gave it permission it downloaded my data. And it can now access the current string and/or the archived data. My guess is one of the new iPhone updates turned it off, or I did accidentally.

I checked and that setting was on. I even tried connecting on an older android phone and got the same failure to connect message

sorry I am just happy I am not the only one that it won't sync up with there phone funny enough my old phone a galaxy 7 was something it worked with no problem then the phone died a week later . I never understood why it does not link via blue tooth like the Labrador Chronograph does . just seems to be poor planning and even with that cord you can only hook up either the box or your phone to the box not run it like a 3 way also seems like poor planning . now with my galaxy 11 it still does not work still love the chrono and it's ease of use maybe there next model will work right . best of luck if you contact them I had zero problems with the t1000's we got that stopped working they were extreamly nice to talk to also being 3 miles from the house it was supper convenient we just dropped off the broken units and they replaced them with new ones on the spot .