• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Magpul art of the precision rifle full trailer

Re: Magpul art of the precision rifle full trailer

On order.

do i read it correctly?, you cant buy this dvd if you live outside the US? Its a DVD!!!

Finally, something I can point the GF to when asked "what do you want for Christmas". Just sent her an email with the link, was hoping this would come out soon. Good timing MagPul.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DFOOSKING</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
You might as well move over here....everyone else is.
wink.gif
</div></div>

Would if I could, but the problem is getting the Visa...

hiddenmongoose, buy it from Brownells when they get it. I bought Carbine 2 from them.

cheers cardinal,il try that.guys in America dont know how good you have it.Its illegal to target shoot here in Ireland anywhere but on a licenced square range.No matter how much land you own or have rights to shoot on its illegal to put up a target and shoot off a few rounds!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hiddenmongoose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">do i read it correctly?, you cant buy this dvd if you live outside the US? Its a DVD!!! </div></div>

The axis of evil. Iran, Syria, North-Korea and Irland. Especially Irland!

*ggg*

All DVDs are available in Germany two weeks after they start selling it in the USA.

Or try www.dharkon.com in the Netherlands.

Ordered mine and a couple of other "essentials". Can wait to start the learnin process over again. But I have a really good question.

How can I get this to play on my iPhone so I can learn on the move without the need for big computer?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Exemer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How can I get this to play on my iPhone so I can learn on the move without the need for big computer? </div></div>

You can use a program like Handbrake to copy the DVD into iTunes.

—Andreas

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Walk_softly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do we have someone spearheading a group buy yet?
Edit:NM just found the group buy forum. </div></div>

Am I missing something? I dont see a GB underway?

Mines ordered, something to watch this winter inorder to agonize over the anticipatation of the early arrival of Spring.

Pre-ordered mine at the begining of the month and just had Magpul charge the CC, hope this means they're shipping soon. Anyone else have their CC charged yet?

I pre-ordered mine I cant wait!!!!!

my credit card was charged showing December 12, funny thing is that it showed this on 12/7. Hope that means it is shipping on Monday

I don't care if it is Hollywooded up 593min of shooting is always awesome, im eagerly waiting for mine.

Checked my account today and the magpul charge is no longer there .....arrrgh WTF

if it was just a "pending" charge it was just the third party gateway making sure you had the funds. They didn't capture anything so when the bank went through its settling phase it just went away.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MuleHunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the 13th considered 'mid December'?
grin.gif
</div></div>

Not according to my shipment status. Did you get word on your shipment?

BTW,
Visited your buddies up there in Arlington...well...I had my wife do the traveling because I couldn't, but they did an outstanding job.
1 barrel threaded per instructions
1 Badger FTE installed.
1 thread protector (should've gotten THREE)
Quick, friendly, nice work. Friendly prices too!
Thank them for me when you see them next!

Justin from Magpul posted in a ARF thread that they were shipping all of their consumer orders today.

Hell yeah! But with my luck it won't get to me till Monday so I won't have anything to do over the weekend!

I dont know the rules on group buys, but I am a magpul dealer and I could facilitate a group buy on these if that is really wanted. If I am allowed that is, I will look for the rules. PM with any questions or concerns.

Hmmmmmm..... Someone tell me that they did edit Caylen's stuff in....

Just got an email from magpul about dvds shipping out today with tracking #! Yea, boy!

Delivery set for the 19th.

"Your Magpul order has been shipped 12/14/2011

Ship Method: Fedx Ground Residential"

Me too!

F yes! I was wondering when my DVD would hit the front door... Check my email inbox... Nothing. Then I checked my junk inbox... Boom! Should be here this weekend. Magpul makes great theory based products and I look forward to this instructional DVD. It's good to look outside the box... And these gents do a great Job proving their point. Hope everybody receives their product in a timely manner. Happy Holidays

Got mine today!! Watching the first disk now, good to back over stuff I've forgotten. I learn better watching, than I do reading. Great DVD so far. The extra feature on trace is great.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K_4c</div><div class="ubbcode-body">F yes! I was wondering when my DVD would hit the front door... Check my email inbox... Nothing. Then I checked my junk inbox... Boom! Should be here this weekend. Magpul makes great theory based products and I look forward to this instructional DVD. It's good to look outside the box... And these gents do a great Job proving their point. Hope everybody receives their product in a timely manner. Happy Holidays</div></div>

Well how is it?

FedEx just dropped mine off.

Trying to decide if i'm going to wait for it on blu ray or not.. i have art of the tactical carbine II and it's pretty sharp quality for a SD DVD.

I got mine but Santa won't let me watch it until Christmas day. Did anyone watch theirs yet?

Yes i have watched mine. It is very good.

To answer the question about Caylen, yes he has his own full DVD. Also, he goes into alot of theory and technique that is an essential to precision/surgical type shooting. I highly recommend this series, and cant wait for future offerings from Magpul and Caylen.

I'll be picking up a blu-ray version if it's released and if they don't release a blu-ray, I'll grab the next DVD order. Glad to hear this series is a hit!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll be picking up a blu-ray version if it's released and if they don't release a blu-ray, I'll grab the next DVD order. Glad to hear this series is a hit!</div></div>

There is for sure blu ray coming i just want to know when.

http://store.magpul.com/product/DYN009

They're just now re-doing the art of the tactical carbine II on blu ray.

did they say when it would be available? i dont see a date on that link

I'm on disc two. Dfoosking mine are fine so far. Hopefully MAGPUL will be able to set you up.
So far my biggest gripe is that it seems to be a great sales and instruction video for the Horus PDA. If you don't have one.... A lot of the video is not going to be applicable to you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pogey Bait</div><div class="ubbcode-body">did they say when it would be available? i dont see a date on that link </div></div>

Dude read the whole thread. It already shipped and guys are watching it.

FOTH21,

I agree there is alot to do with the PDA, but then again, there is alot more to do with the "Fundamentals of Marksmanship". Making sure the rifle is in the pocket, making sure you load the bipod, grip the same everytime, cant of the rifle, every little thing, makes a compounded difference in stretching the legs.

I do really like the wind formula!! Pretty innovative concept for a simplistic approach to wind holds.

The horus pda thing is kinda bullshit, but I am pretty sure everyone out there is running a ballistic PDA of some type. Instead of Horus Atrag, I use Ballistic FTE and Shooter. All the atmosperic inputs they put into thiers, I put into mine.

Outstanding video other then the fact they really push the Horus PDA system/App on you. The 1 mile shot with the Larue ORB was neat. Great video overall.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: verdugo60</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pogey Bait</div><div class="ubbcode-body">did they say when it would be available? i dont see a date on that link </div></div>

Dude read the whole thread. It already shipped and guys are watching it. </div></div>

He's referring to the blu-ray edition which there is not release day for at the moment.

I didn't really feel like it was a Horus commercial. But hearing your comments i could see why people feel that way. He covered alot of different ways of doing things but obviously he focused on what worked best for him. I like the idea of pushing fundamentals. Not in the fact that its <span style="font-style: italic">basic</span> fundamentals but that its fundamentally <span style="font-style: italic">important</span> for long range precision. I like his testing of the way he gripped the rifle, "sympathetic movement" of his thumb. I'm going to try his grip next time im out shooting.

I liked finding the threshhold of your rounds transonic state and truing your trajectory at that distance, then work backwards to a midrange. That was cool. Usually i find an arbitrary long distance and work with what i got but i want to try his method and see if it saves time.

His wind formula made alot of sense to me. What he was attempting to do was make it simple enough to do in your head. I found a way to make it work with MOA instead of MIL and i want to try it next time shooting. His formula is .1 mils for every hundred meters in a 4mph wind (with .308win/175SMK), essentially moving the decimal for every hundred meters. For example the .308 win. At 500 meters in a 4mph wind is a .5 mil hold, .6 mils at 600, etc. If it was an 8mph wind you would double it. And at 700 meters and out you add a tenth, I.E. 700 meters 4mph wind equals.7 mil+.1 mil for a .8 mil hold. 800 meters would be a .9 mil hold, etc.

It doesn't have to be a .308 win or even MILs either. For MOA you can find what <span style="text-decoration: underline">wind speed</span> gives you a five quarters (5/4) hold at 500yds for YOUR bullet. For my load it was 6mph. So at 500yds i would hold 5/4moa (1.25moa) for every 6mph wind value. At 600yds it would be 6/4 (1.5moa) etc. And at 700yds and out you would do 7/4 (1.75moa) and add .25moa for that distance and every hundred yards past that, just like he added .1mil onto his formula for 700 meters to give him a .8mil hold. For every 6mph wind at 700yds the wind equals 7/4moa plus 1/4moa (because at 700yds and farther you add .25) which gives me 8/4 or 2moa wind hold for every 6mph with MY bullet. I think its easy, i can do it in my head or off the fly without consulting a wind chart or PDA. Wether or not it will work in the field i will find out soon enough.