• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MagPul LR308 mags

ACTII

Private
Minuteman
Apr 4, 2007
CT
Looking for reviews on the MagPul .308 magazines..
I have some of them on the way.

Re: MagPul LR308 mags

I think last I heard brownells was estimating a July release and that was at least a couple months ago. Consider they said an april, may and june release before that it would not surprise me if we don't see them till late 2009.

I got to play with one at SHOT, but they are not on the market yet. They were originally set for April, then June, then July...now...who knows. Like all Magpul gear...these mags are high-quality. Best part is that they will accept long OAL match ammo and will hold a full 20 rounds of ammo unlike some other currently available mags for the DPMS, POF, KAC, etc. rifles.

If I had to guess...I'd say you are looking at Fall before these will hit the shelves.

I think I read that Lowlight has one or two in hand. You might ask him.

I'm just waiting for these to become available....I have a buddy that put some on backorder already so hopefully he will be one of the first to get them and give me a review.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LARMIKE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Which Ar-10 will they work in ?? </div></div>

They won't work in an AR10.

They only work in DPMS pattern rifles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LARMIKE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Which Ar-10 will they work in ?? </div></div>

DPMS LR-308;
KAC SR-25;
POF P-308;
Remington R-25; and
Larue OSR 308.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LARMIKE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Which Ar-10 will they work in ?? </div></div>

DPMS LR-308;
KAC SR-25;
POF P-308;
Remington R-25; and
Larue OSR 308. </div></div>

Good, I want to get a Larue OSR 308 anyway. Thanks !

Dont think there are any reviews, since the mags are not yet released.......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Massoud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They will also fit the LWRC rifle and of course the Massoud. </div></div>

Any chance that there will be a Tan/Brown 308 PRS to go with the Debut of the LR Pmags?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Psywar1-0</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Massoud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They will also fit the LWRC rifle and of course the Massoud. </div></div>

Any chance that there will be a Tan/Brown 308 PRS to go with the Debut of the LR Pmags? </div></div>
They make a "FDE" version..flat dark earth..thats fairly brown/tan.
http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=22731...ION_RIFLE_STOCK
Can be had cheaper but jus for ref.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghogs Nightmare</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Psywar1-0</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Massoud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They will also fit the LWRC rifle and of course the Massoud. </div></div>

Any chance that there will be a Tan/Brown 308 PRS to go with the Debut of the LR Pmags? </div></div>
They make a "FDE" version..flat dark earth..thats fairly brown/tan.
http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=22731...ION_RIFLE_STOCK
Can be had cheaper but jus for ref. </div></div>

From the link you posted:

"AR-15/M16 model available in Black, Dark Earth, and O.D. Green to provide a close match to rifles painted in military colors. Seperate AR-Style .308 model in black only."

Thus my question if the 308 PRS was going to come in Tan anytime soon.

I have been using one for about 4 Month, maybe a bit more, and they are absolutely flawless... Best mag ever.

SH_magpul-1.jpg

SH_magpul-1-2.jpg

I like them alot. I don't know about colors I would assume so, but I haven't asked, mine are just black.

Dang, a Simrad scope ring cap, talk about something from the last century ROFL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Psywar1-0</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dang, a Simrad scope ring cap, talk about something from the last century ROFL</div></div>

it's the government what do you expect... they still use SIMRADs.

But the magazine works great,

I hear ya on the ring cap. I cant wait to get my hands on some of these mags, and the look on the faces of a couple dealers that have a whole bunch of money tied up in 1st Gen KAC mags that they sell 2 a year on average

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LARMIKE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Which Ar-10 will they work in ?? </div></div>

DPMS LR-308;
KAC SR-25;
POF P-308;
Remington R-25; and
Larue OSR 308. </div></div>

Add to that:

LWRCi REPR
LMT .308 MRP

Does anyone have the Brownell's stock number for the 308 mags?

I remember seeing it on here somewhere but my search foo is fooked.

thanks, Craig

"Said to have in stock on the 8-7-09"
Then thats about when Larue will start shipping the OSR's

I ordered an OSR on Dec.15th of last year for a Happy B-Day to me.
blush.gif

Maybe I'll get for this comming B-day.

No big deal either way,
Stu

I wouldn't put much faith in Midway USA's expected in-stock date. As of about a week ago, it was listed as 07/15/09. Then 08/01/09, now it is up to 08/07/09.

They'll get here soon hopefully!!! Brownells needs more of my money!!!
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Psywar1-0</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dang, a Simrad scope ring cap, talk about something from the last century ROFL </div></div>

Well since they are out of style.....if you happen to have any Simrad's laying about, could you box them up and send them down to us? I have a couple other officers here who would put them to good use causing problems for the bad guys.
wink.gif

Hell, they were "state of the art" when I left active duty.

I recently an Iron Ridge Arms .308 AR using a DPMS design to fit the MagPul mags, but am using an Armalite bolt carrier, bolt, and Krieger barrel. It's pretty much the best of both worlds. DO NOT let folks tell you can't mix and match parts! For the exception of the receivers (Armalite upper won't fit DPMS lower), you can mix anything you want to when building an AR10/IRA-10/LR308.

Semper Fi

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great!

Now if I could just find a receiver that takes LR308 mags and AR10 uppers! </div></div>

Well if you take a belt sander to the lr308 magazine and shave both sides till it fits and clicks in, then you can keep your AR10 LOWER

You could also wait till Christmas time and buy Armalite mags when they are on sale

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone have the Brownell's stock number for the 308 mags?

I remember seeing it on here somewhere but my search foo is fooked.

thanks, Craig </div></div>
IF you still need it:
enlarge AR-STYLE .308 PMAG POLYMER MAGAZINE
Mfr:MAGPUL
Price:$19.99
Dependable & Nearly Indestructible; Store Fully Loaded Without Loss Of Reliability
Molded polymer 20-round magazine is less than half the weight of a steel magazine and delivers all the benefits of the AR-15/M16 PMAG for ultra-reliable function in a variety of AR-style rifles chambered in .308/7.62mm.

SPECS: Molded polymer, black, stainless steel spring. 20-round capacity. Fits DPMS LR-308, Patriot Ordnance Factory P-308, Remington R-25, and Knight SR-25 in .308/.243/7mm-08. Not compatible with ArmaLite® AR-10®. Optimized for military-type .308/7.62mm NATO ammunition with overall cartridge length less than 2.820" (5.13cm).

Catalog page 43

Stock ItemsSpecifications Stock # / Description Price Add to Cart
100-004-161

.308/7.62mm PMAG

Mfr. Part: MAG243BLK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SemperK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I recently an Iron Ridge Arms .308 AR using a DPMS design to fit the MagPul mags, but am using an Armalite bolt carrier, bolt, and Krieger barrel. It's pretty much the best of both worlds. DO NOT let folks tell you can't mix and match parts! For the exception of the receivers (Armalite upper won't fit DPMS lower), you can mix anything you want to when building an AR10/IRA-10/LR308.

Semper Fi </div></div>

Pics? I'd like to see the setup. What coating did you get on the IRA receiver?

I would check headspace on the bolt/barrel extension if you can. Is the Krieger setup for the DPMS-style extensions? They are ever so slightly different. I have used AR-10 barrels/extensions with DPMS bolts and bolt carriers in the past. They do work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YourMotherTrebek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">outstanding mag, light, reliable. and doesn't clank around like steel mags would.</div></div>

And tough as nails

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MidwestPX</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YourMotherTrebek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">outstanding mag, light, reliable. and doesn't clank around like steel mags would.</div></div>

And tough as nails </div></div>
Nothing but great things to say from me also. Best mag for the money and even better than all the ones that cost twice as much