• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mail Call Mondays

Re: Mail Call Mondays

Its 45 min, Nice! I know what ill be doing this slow morning at work.

Thank you

Question:

I only have acess to 100 yard range at this time. What drills do you reccomend to strengthen my shooting. I have been using the 3/4" dot drill and have had very sucess. just wanted to see what you would recommend to us.

J

Good stuff.. goes great with my Monday morning cup of joe.

The new episode is up:

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JgZoc651HcQ&hd=1"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JgZoc651HcQ&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Nice T-shirt
smile.gif
Cool videos man, I just found them last Monday been watching a few of em as time allows. Lots of good info!

I love these videos. To the person who can hold your bladder, use the pause button. No issues with the run time or if it was longer.

Mental note...........proof read post before submiting question!!!! Hahahahahahahaha.....oops
wink.gif

I don't think the episodes are too long at all. I mean....there is a pause button for a reason.

I can watch them on my lunch break, which is pretty cool.

Another great video! Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

Episode length is good IMO.

Question:

Will any custom stainless barrel give you generally higher velocities than its factory counterpart or are there other factors to consider?

I wouldn't change a thing, the time on the videos are fine, thats what a pause button is for, and keep it going with the T-Shirts.

The new episode is up:

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bqIT5GJ_FCs&hd=1"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bqIT5GJ_FCs&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Thanks for all the great questions. Please keep it up!

Question: What is your preferred placement & technique for strong hand grip on an AI stock?

Another great hour of vid time on Monday! Love it.

Another Question.

When utilizing iron sights you focus your eyesight on the front sight. With a red dot you look at the point on the target you want to hit. When using a scope do I look at the target or the reticle?

Damn nice videos Lonewolf, perfect for Monday morning coffee! I am impressed by the objectivity you have in your reviews and answering questions.

I had to LOL at StanwoodSpartan's question about Nightforce scopes. But, I am finding the videos very informative.

On a serious note. Could you touch more on the set height of a bipod when shooting prone?

I ask because, I know that getting as low as possible is the desired result, but I need to go to about half the leg extension or I just get tension and pain in my neck and shoulders. I am average in size, 5'11" 175lbs. It seems that if I get too low, aside from the pain, it creates a dip that induces muzzle hop. Raising it puts me more square behind the rifle, and the hop goes away. Am I dwelling too much on this or am I just not doing it right with the legs retracted?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: desertrat1979</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Could you touch more on the set height of a bipod when shooting prone?</div></div>

+1 on that ^.

My question:

<span style="font-weight: bold">Can you elaborate on shooting position height? I know low as possible is the idea, but what happens when you start getting TOO low? How can this impact your shooting?
</span>

"Scope Theory"?? Sounds like an upper level university class.
grin.gif

I stumbled across your vids on youtube not too long ago and just found this thread. Your vids are very well done, concise & informative, THANK YOU!

Not so much a question, but I'd sure like to see a vid comparing field use of portable tripod based rifle rests using the various gun cradles on the market (Hog saddle, PRS cradle, etc.) That'd be super!

Keep up the good work...

I just wanted to pop in and say the videos are great and very informative. Thank you for taking time and doing them. I personally cant wait for the reloading video.

How do you practice unknown distance shooting? How do you practice ranging? These two skills while synonymous seem to degrade quickly when not used regularly. Add in angles, wind and other conditions, long range precision shooting skills remain difficult to maintain let alone hone.

MMMMAAAAAAAANNNNNNN I already poped my popcorn!!!!!
smile.gif

No worries man, we'll be waiting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slayer 2c</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MMMMAAAAAAAANNNNNNN I already poped my popcorn!!!!!
smile.gif

No worries man, we'll be waiting. </div></div>

Yeah mine got stale and went in the dog's food bowl. Lookin forward to another well done(45+ minute) video. The bigger letdown would be if you shortened em for the sake of a few bellyachers who don't like it cutting into their bunker and doomsday preparations.

I was wondering too lol.
I check the youtube site every few hours now to see if it is up or not.

Better late than never. Sorry guys:

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ru0pV29lOLc&hd=1"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ru0pV29lOLc&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru0pV29lOLc&hd=1

Great as always.

I noticed myself blinking whenever I fire, even during dry fire. It doesn't seem to have any effect, but I find it annoying anyway.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THEBEARRRRRRJEW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Lookin forward to another well done(45+ minute) video. The bigger letdown would be if you shortened em for the sake of a few bellyachers who don't like it cutting into their bunker and doomsday preparations. </div></div>

Don't worry. I am not planning on shortening all the time. Just when I run out of time or my PC decides it's not going to run at 100% for ten hours to render the episode. Looking into a PC fix that doesn't cost me $3K.

Again, Great job! Lot's of good info. Even in this shorter vid. Looking forward to next week!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THEBEARRRRRRJEW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Lookin forward to another well done(45+ minute) video. The bigger letdown would be if you shortened em for the sake of a few bellyachers who don't like it cutting into their bunker and doomsday preparations. </div></div>

Don't worry. I am not planning on shortening all the time. Just when I run out of time or my PC decides it's not going to run at 100% for ten hours to render the episode. Looking into a PC fix that doesn't cost me $3K. </div></div>

Especially for something that will be outdated the day you buy it. I have a really hard time overspending for PCs, TVs and such.

Love the thumbnail btw. You look so exuberant and happy!

Next week better be 2 hours long... haha.
Thanks again for the videos, this is oyy0 on youtube... I tend to write a lot on your channel just to learn more.

Great videos and good, straight to the point information. Long or short I'll continue to watch. Thanks Lonewolf for doing this.

Mail call mondays rock.

You've got some really good productions going.
The stuff you do look professional and you come across as a professional as well (I know you are).

I'm glad you are taking the time to do this, as I'm sure I'm not the only one benefiting alot from it.

Ok it's unbelivably slow here at work.....man could I go for a Mail Call video to keep me entertained!!!

April 2nd Episode is up. Sorry, no April Fools jokes:

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZEsur1V7e9Q&hd=1"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZEsur1V7e9Q&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Another great video, John. Thanks for answering my question. I've been doing it wrong! Time to fix that.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. Also answered a few other back burner quesions as well. Awesome vids.

Another quality episode. Looking forward to more MCMs and other reviews as well. Any idea on the timeline for the precision reloading series?