• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mail Call Mondays

Re: Mail Call Mondays

Great Job man!!!! I look forward to these more each week. Just about the time I start Bitching about it being monday I realize that means a new episode of MCM!!! Have you ever thought about doing a pod cast of just the audio? I have actually found myself listening to the episodes while driving home from work. Not that I want you to stop doing the videos, I just thought it might be another outlet for you without doing much more work. That being if your setup has the ability to seperate your audio from the video. You naturally describe things in your videos to the point where the visual is almost not nessesary.

J

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THEBEARRRRRRJEW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Another quality episode. Looking forward to more MCMs and other reviews as well. Any idea on the timeline for the precision reloading series? </div></div>

I am hoping to get to it by next month, but this is getting into the busy season at work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slayer 2c</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have you ever thought about doing a pod cast of just the audio?</div></div>

I am considering it. I just haven't looked into what it takes to get that going.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slayer 2c</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have you ever thought about doing a pod cast of just the audio?</div></div>

I am considering it. I just haven't looked into what it takes to get that going. </div></div>

While I love listening to podcasts while I am stuck in So Cal traffic, I feel due to the visual nature of some of the subject matter it may not translate well to an audio podcast.

Just my .02

Just watched the first episode today. Got in on this a little late (story of my life). Very well made and informative. Keep up the good work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: akscott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How do you use a mill-dot reticle in conjunction with moa turrets? </div></div>

I think we can get that one in for you.

What are the differences in using match primers like FGMM or using standard rifle primers like Winchester? Is there any gains to switching to the FGMM?

when using a FFP MOA/MOA scope can you use the reticle to make changes to the scope and get an accurate shot. I.E. using a MIL/MIL scope and making the adjustments based on what you see off the reticle? i ask because i tried this on my MOA/MOA scope and it didnt seem to work. it was about half the correction that my reticle asked for

Just watched the first video- good stuff!!! I'm sure this is going to end up being wildly popular.

So... how about those great deals on the government contract over-run Countersniper scopes?

grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DP425</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
So... how about those great deals on the government contract over-run Countersniper scopes?
</div></div>

You mean these:
DSC00887.jpg

DSC00893.jpg

DSC00890.jpg

DSC00907.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kevlars</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cant wait for the video </div></div>

Sorry to disappoint. That one didn't make a video. A member sent it to me. I pulled it out of the box and the turrets were too f-ed up to even attempt to do a video review of it. I just shot some photos and sent it back. If Countersniper ever returned my calls, I might think about it. However I refuse to spend money on one of these things when I have so many other deserving products sitting on the bench to review.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kevlars</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cant wait for the video </div></div>

Sorry to disappoint. That one didn't make a video. A member sent it to me. I pulled it out of the box and the turrets were too f-ed up to even attempt to do a video review of it. I just shot some photos and sent it back. If Countersniper ever returned my calls, I might think about it. However I refuse to spend money on one of these things when I have so many other deserving products sitting on the bench to review. </div></div>

That's too bad- I would have LOVED to see some wide-spread facts dispensed in public about those piles of crap!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
DP425 said:
DSC00907.jpg

</div></div>

Wow, the infamous mildot inside a mildot.

Happy Monday:

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vl9pGz8J-OE&hd=1"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vl9pGz8J-OE&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Thanks, LoneWolfUSMC. I'm new to precision rifles and your videos are very informative. Your vid on the Bushnell Elite Tactical 6-24x50mm(ET6245F) was great. You confirmed that I purchased a decent scope for a beginner even though the magnification may be a little overkill. Again, thanks. I look forward to watching more vids in the future.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any questions for next week? </div></div>

How about going over how to properly disassemble and reassemble a Remington 700 bolt? Tools required? Your thoughts on aftermarket firing pins and how/what reducing lock-time really achieves? And the pros/cons of using a M16-style and Sako-style extractors over a factory extractor?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sawman556</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any questions for next week? </div></div>

How about going over how to properly disassemble and reassemble a Remington 700 bolt? Tools required? Your thoughts on aftermarket firing pins and how/what reducing lock-time really achieves? And the pros/cons of using a M16-style and Sako-style extractors over a factory extractor? </div></div>

It's a possibility.

I would like to see the rebarreling process of the AIAE to .243win i didnt know if you had plans to video that or not.I really like mail call monday. Thanks for putting it on.

Was at home sick on Tuesday and watched through all of your Mail Call Monday videos. Thank you so much for taking the time to do this.

I would like to request some time be spent looking at the basic prone shooting position. Specifically trying to figure out the positioning of my arms when in the prone.

Thank you,

CharlieTN

Ok, next question.

What cleaning gear do you consider as needed for a shooter, specifically for a precision rifle shooter. What products do you use?

Thanks again
J

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sawman556</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any questions for next week? </div></div>

How about going over how to properly disassemble and reassemble a Remington 700 bolt? </div></div>

It's a possibility.</div></div>

With your boot lace!!!!
cool.gif

How about a video comparing the difference between driving a semi-auto and driving a bolt-action?

These videos are fantastic.

I've learned quite a bit about precision rifle shooting from your website, which thankfully cuts through much of the BS that is present on the internet.

Very good info for those breaking into the hobby...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tylerw02</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about a video comparing the difference between driving a semi-auto and driving a bolt-action? </div></div>

Definitely one I want to do, but I am taking my time on it because I want to get it right.

The Latest Episode is Live:
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fo7mTokBhuk&hd=1"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fo7mTokBhuk&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Thanks for the great comments. Glad you guys like the new intro. I started to get real tired of these YouTube shows with crazy flashy intros and then crappy camera and sound work. I didn't want something over the top, but I wanted to catch your attention.

You mentioned the Mega Reciever build, Do you plan to incorporate your builds into Mail Call Mondays or make seperate videos like you did with the Budget Build?

Really good video John, considering the "rough" weekend and all. New intro is cool and the overall quality of the "show" gets better with each episode. Keep up the good work!

Another Great Video John, Thanks for all the time and effort yall do for the videos!

Great videos. Well done, straight up, and professional. Thank you for doing all these.

Couple ideas for future videos. Would you consider doing a video using your great write up for bedding a base? I printed off your directions, read them, then re-read them, and finally got up the nerve to try it myself for the first time. In hind sight, it was easy. It's just that some people may benifit from watching a video vs. reading about it on paper.

Another suggestion would be leveling a scope with feeler guages. Again, watching would be worth reading a thousand words for those uneasy about doing it the first time.

Just a couple ideas. Keep up the great work and Thank you!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MP15</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Couple ideas for future videos. Would you consider doing a video using your great write up for bedding a base?</div></div>

Scope Base Installation - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoW5bHQqgis&hd=1

Glad you like the show. Make sure you watch through the other videos when you get some time. I try to add as much information as I can to each review/tutorial.

Nice work on the videos John, very informative. As a noob to the AR world I have seen various ideas on the cleaning and lubrucation of an AR, everything from lube it heavily to bare minimum. Could you show the proper way/amount of lube for an AR-10 and specifically the BCG? Thanks again and look forward to more videos!

The latest episode is up.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/v5_vO2Donhg&hd=1"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v5_vO2Donhg&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Could you give some advice and or tips in an upcoming episode on spotting trace? I have no formal training and am able to pick up trace only part of the time. I realize or am guessing that atmospheric conditions might produce better trace than others.

Thanks and keep up the good work. Really enjoy the videos.

TN

To find trace use the following formula:
1. Divide distance to target by 2 plus 10 %
Example: 400 yds / 2 = 200 yds x 10% = 20 + 200 = 220 yds

2. Subtract your 400 yd come-up from 220 yd come-up = approx. distance trace will be visible above 220 yd target.
Example: 3.2 mil - .7 mil = 2.5 mil (above target)

That appears to be a real scientific way to do it.

I just back the focus on my spotting scope off a quarter turn or so, or focus my scope short of the target by a hundred to two hundred yards. You will see trace arc in from above the target. How much depends on the range to the target and the caliber you are shooting.

Some environmental conditions are better than others for spotting trace.

Keep at it. You will get to a point that you "get it" and can spot trance pretty much whenever you want. It gets real fun when you can dial everything in and watch your own trace.

Awesome latest episode! keep up the good work! I am really looking forward to the reloading episode. Hope its still in the works