• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Mammoth Sniper Challenge - Park City, KY

Re: Mammoth Sniper Challenge - Park City, KY

MISSION NUMBER 1...JODY HOLSENBACK BEATING JEFF "HOME GROWN" VANAMAN!<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1b375</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys if you have any questions please feel free to contact me on here or my personal email [email protected].

I am the match director for this match. We are striving to make this a premier event. I am working with Rockcastle Shooting Center and they are a great host. We have shot there before at other matches. Their hospitality is second to none.

I promise you that this will be one hell of a match. Your shooting skills will be tested and you will have a great time.

We are working with numerous sponsors for the match and they will be updated daily as we confirm them.

I hope to see alot of you guys there and we will have a ton of fun.

The hotel on site is an awesome addition to the match. Rockcastle has offered some great rates for the match.

</div></div>

I am not sure I will attend the comp, my son and his newlywed bride will visit the week before the match so I will probably not have the time or coin. Plus, the way its going I will not shoot a single round before then anyway.

I hope the Hide shoot is not during my daughter and grand babies visit.

I'm a sucker for working in extremes. I was just clued in on this match and would like to attend.

I had a great time at the ASC Winter Match and that was snow up to your waste and cold. Great test for the shooter and their weapon system. I'm looking forward to it.

Respectfully,

--KJ

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KJDrake</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm a sucker for working in extremes. I was just clued in on this match and would like to attend.

I had a great time at the ASC Winter Match and that was snow up to your waste and cold. Great test for the shooter and their weapon system. I'm looking forward to it.

Respectfully,

--KJ</div></div>

Hope to see You down there Kevin, I learned a lot shooting next to you at the Shreveport match last December.

Hmmm.

I love shooting in the cold. I will try to pull this one off.

I might be in China around that timeframe though...

JOOOOOODDDDYYYYYYYYY? Where are you? Jooooodddddddddyyyyyy? Where are youuuuuuu?
I am gonna get your ass on this one too buddy.
You gonna be buyin ANOTHER cigar!

Look forward to seein you guys there. This is gonna be a good weekend.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TaknOutSlack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JOOOOOODDDDYYYYYYYYY? Where are you? Jooooodddddddddyyyyyy? Where are youuuuuuu?
I am gonna get your ass on this one too buddy.
You gonna be buyin ANOTHER cigar!

Look forward to seein you guys there. This is gonna be a good weekend. </div></div>
Ah, I do love the smack talk. I hope you guys both make it so I can watch the fireworks. What about Scott? Is his shoulder going to be healed up enough to shoot?

BTW, more sponsors are on-board and more are coming? Check the sponsor page on the website for a listing.

im for sure gonna be there, if all i do is spot for Jeffro. Really want to shoot but gotta see how the healing goes...slow go. Keeping my hopes up. gotta be there to fuel up the smack talk with Homegrown(Jeffro)and jody.

Registration & $ on the way for 3 buddies & I. Can't wait.
Bolt56

So what class is everyone shooting, 308/223 or open? Partner and I are trying to decide ourselves.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So what class is everyone shooting, 308/223 or open? Partner and I are trying to decide ourselves. </div></div>

Jon, .308 is what myself and my teammate are shooting. Heck, that's all we use and it works just fine..
wink.gif

Looking forward to shooting again with all you fellas.

BTW, for all of you concerned about the cold, I understand they make some damn good antifreeze in Kentucky...
grin.gif

Jon

If you shoot like you did at the last sniper challenge, and I have some one besides your team mate "OFFICER GEORGE" spotting for me, I WILL BEAT THAT "HOME GROWN ASS"! Where you at SWAT SNIPER????? OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH JEFF..................VANAMAN?????????????OFFICER GEORGE???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Jody if your looking for a spotter let me know.

KY surely can't be as cold as Ohio in January. Heck I'm sitting in my tree stand just for fun then. I will be there and TVP will help out with the prize table also. Just should I bring the Hulk or .260? Is a 210 gr. bullet @ 3300 FPS ok? If not the .260 will do just fine.

Thanks,

Hi Tom,

The Hulk should be fine but if the name is an indication of weight you might not want to hump it on some stages.
grin.gif

And thanks for the offer to sponsor. Shoot me a PM so I can get the details and get your logo up on the sponsor page.

-Mike

Looks like fun...may have to make the trip.

B.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J.Boney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
BTW, for all of you concerned about the cold, I understand they make some damn good antifreeze in Kentucky...
grin.gif

Jon </div></div>
We have many good flavors of antifreeze here in the sticks.
My favorite is Makers Mark..........SmokeRolls

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 20ENGBN1STCAVDIV</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you shoot like you did at the last sniper challenge, and I have some one besides your team mate "OFFICER GEORGE" spotting for me, I WILL BEAT THAT "HOME GROWN ASS"! Where you at SWAT SNIPER????? OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH JEFF..................VANAMAN?????????????OFFICER GEORGE??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? </div></div>
Not to stir the pot or anything but Vanaman told me that Super Sniper was still gonna spot for you. He said that was the only way it could be a true rematch. Just sayin'.

Okay, guys I have been out of town at the MG Nationals. Here is a little update.

I will be emailing confimations out today.

Also, I have scheduled a practice weekend at Rockcastle for anyone shooting in the match. It will December 11th and 12th. The fee will be $50.00 range fee for the weekend paid to Rockcastle. You must be shooting in the match to shoot with the group. I will be bringing some of my steel targets so that we will have some instant feedback. This will be a chance to get some good dope on your rifle for the match. If you are going to shoot that weekend, get with me as I will be making a list.

It is not mandatory but I ask that you stay at the Rockcastle Shooting Center hotel since they are letting us use part of the range for this practice weekend.

Is the match completely full?

No the match is not completely full but I am getting registrations daily.

If you do not recieve a confirmation then I do not have your email address or I can't read it on the registration form.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheSmokeRolls</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J.Boney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
grin.gif

Jon </div></div>
We have many good flavors of antifreeze here in the sticks.
My favorite is Makers Mark..........SmokeRolls </div></div>
Last time I camped at Mammoth cave I found out the hard way that it is a dry county and had to drive to bowling green to buy some beer...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1b375</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Also, I have scheduled a practice weekend at Rockcastle for anyone shooting in the match. It will December 11th and 12th. The fee will be $50.00 range fee for the weekend paid to Rockcastle. You must be shooting in the match to shoot with the group. I will be bringing some of my steel targets so that we will have some instant feedback. This will be a chance to get some good dope on your rifle for the match. If you are going to shoot that weekend, get with me as I will be making a list.

It is not mandatory but I ask that you stay at the Rockcastle Shooting Center hotel since they are letting us use part of the range for this practice weekend. </div></div>

Two questions
Do we pay when we get there and how much are the rooms
Thanks

That membership fee doesn't cover the long distance if I am correct. You would have to contact Rockcastle for info. They are letting me set this up for the match competitors and no one else will be on that part of range with us.

If you live close to Rockcastle I would suggest you join as a member. They have alot of plans for the range in the near future.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze67</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1b375</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

It is not mandatory but I ask that you stay at the Rockcastle Shooting Center hotel since they are letting us use part of the range for this practice weekend. </div></div>

Two questions
Do we pay when we get there and how much are the rooms
Thanks

</div></div>
?

I just called them and the room rates are $69 for 2 people and $53 for 1 during Dec. Also there is a 10% discount for military and for you old AARP fucks. They did say that alcohol is not allowed on the property and they would be frisking down all SH members for contraband upon arrivial.

LOL, I guess you didn't know that the first stage of the Sniper Challenge is infiltrating the hotel undetected with a case of beer shoved in your pants.

Count myself and shooting partner in for the practice weekend. Wont be shooting anywhere else around then. So just pay the range fee when we get there then?

Thanks for calling

Yes, alcohol is allowed at the hotel. Apparently none of you have been to the other matches there. Makers Mark was a sponsor at the Pan Am Shotgun match. We are also working on a sponsor for some drinks.

Well I'm out for the practice for sure because I have a final on the 11th. Stupid college.....

Will be there for the training days with Bolt56 and crew. Thanks for making time for us to get cold weather 1K dope on our rifles before the comp. Nice to finally have a sniper comp close to home!

Darkhorse6

We will updating this post and the match website with a list of sponsors and prizes in the next day or two.

We have some great sponsors and a ton of prizes.

The website mentions ranging through passive methods only.....mil-dot master?

I think i'll be coming, still trying to get the wife to stop giving me dirty looks and let me go.

Branden

Hi Dust_Remover,

Yes a mil-dot master is fine. The only thing you can't use is a laser range finder. So most will use their scope reticle (MIL or MOA) and then either use a mil-dot master, calculator or printed chart to determine the distance.

I figured that much, however I want any answers like that before I arrive to shoot and find out what i've been training with isn't allowed.

Now I just gotta get the wife on board. I wouldn't mind bringing the wife and my girls, but I don't know what there is for them to do there. Anything around there for a a 6 and 2 year old to do for a weekend?

Branden

Good luck with a calculator in the cold....something to think about.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dust_Remover</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Now I just gotta get the wife on board. I wouldn't mind bringing the wife and my girls, but I don't know what there is for them to do there. Anything around there for a a 6 and 2 year old to do for a weekend?
Branden </div></div>

I am sure I will not attend as I do not have $500 to spend for the comp and have no idea what to expect (get many laughs on my expense) and no partner, if I do go it will be a last minute thing if there is a slot but being unintelligent at a comp I do not want to clog up the process for everyone but my wife will tag along and I am sure will be looking for someone and things to do and we have visited the area. Will be taking the grand kids to Cave City in Oct.

Rockcastle or Park Mammoth Resort has hiking trials, golf and I think tennis courts. Do not remember if there is a pool. They accept pets on the ground floor in the rooms to far left with walking area and trees.

Bowing Green 10 miles south has an underground cave boat ride and of course plenty of shopping. Gander Mountain is there right on I65 just south of Bowling Green.

At Cave City 6 miles north on I65 has Dino World (very expensive), GunTown Mountain (highly recommended but I like the old west), Jesse James horse riding, Alpine Zip line, Yogi golf and a few others but very touristy and low budget. Not sure if they will open in Jan though. And Mammoth Cave NP, more Caves to visit than you could in a month. Cave City has tourist type shopping too. Another 5 miles north is Down Under that has feeding animals in a zoo setting. E town 30 miles north has the Coke museum and we really enjoyed it. They let us take our dog through because it was so hot and could not leave her in the rig. I am a Coke Cola buff.

Nashville is an hour south and the Grand Ole Opre and everything associated with it and its sort of on the north side so you do not have to go into downtown...will never do that again.

Not much help but hopefully it gives an idea. Everyone at Rockcastle was very nice and helpful until it came to intel on the 1000 range.

Good luck

45.308 - I wouldn't worry about being "unintelligent" at a competition. There will be lots of shooters there who have never shot a major one and you definitely won't be clogging up the works. I also know a number of people are coming without a partner, so there will be people there you can partner up with.

Dust_Remover - The resort does have an indoor, heated pool, so even if it's cold your girls can swim.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: socket70</div><div class="ubbcode-body">45.308 - I wouldn't worry about being "unintelligent" at a competition. <span style="font-weight: bold">Dust_Remover will be there clogging up the works on his own</span>. I also know a number of people are coming without a partner, so there will be people there you can partner up with.

Dust_Remover - The resort does have an indoor, heated pool, so even if it's cold your girls can swim. </div></div>

There, fixed it for you.
smile.gif

Branden

We are getting registrations on a regular basis. If you are planning on shooting in this, get your appilication in. We have added some new sponsors and the prize table is getting bigger every week.

Check the website for all the sponsors confirmed so far.

Also, the side match will be on Friday afternoon. We are working with a sponsor company to be able to integrate their weapon system into the side match.

Hope to see you guys there.

Here's the official headcount as of today (original post updated as well):

We have 54 confirmed registrations for the match. That leaves 46 slots available. So if you're planning to shoot in the match, please get your registration form in soon.

-Mike