• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Mammoth Sniper Challenge - Park City, KY

Re: Mammoth Sniper Challenge - Park City, KY

I'm really hoping to attend. Since i'm now unemployed, it's a bit up in the air. I know I can get the money together for the entry, hotel is another story. Was hoping to shack up with someone and split the costs, but I may end up having to camp (read: FREEZE) out.

Branden

Branden, I am trying really hard to make this one.

If I can pull it off, carpool and room sharing would be in order.

Brian

I am going to see if I can make it. Sounds like it will be a fun time. Hope we get some snow!

Myself and another Hide member are in, and maybe two more. Sounds like it should be a great time.

Application on the way... This should be a challenging and cold match. I am looking forward to it!!

Quick question.

If I run a .308 in the Military class, how limited will the course of fire be compared to Open class?

I would like to run .308, but want to shoot everything. Should I do .260 instead?

Joe is still working on the match designs now. But I spoke with him this morning to get an idea of how the different classes will work.

All classes will shoot the same stages (i.e. same shooting positions, terrain, etc.)

The primary differences will be in maximum distance of targets.

(<span style="font-weight: bold">NOTE: All distances are estimates at this point.</span>)

<span style="font-weight: bold">Military class</span> will engage graded targets out to 825 yards with bonus targets out to 950.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Open class</span> will engage graded targets out to 950 yards with bonus targets out to 1100.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Heavy class</span> will engage graded targets out to 1300 yards with bonus targets out as far as possible.

Also, <span style="font-weight: bold">Heavy class</span> will not engage targets inside 350 yards. One stage currently under consideration may not be open to Heavy class as all targets would be inside 350 yards.

As I said, these distances are estimates at this point. But the idea is to make each course of fire as equal as possible while giving higher power classes some more difficult (i.e. farther) targets to engage.

To date, we don't have any Heavy class shooters registered.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1b375</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I have scheduled a practice weekend at Rockcastle for anyone shooting in the match. It will December 11th and 12th. The fee will be $50.00 range fee for the weekend paid to Rockcastle. You must be shooting in the match to shoot with the group. I will be bringing some of my steel targets so that we will have some instant feedback. This will be a chance to get some good dope on your rifle for the match. If you are going to shoot that weekend, get with me as I will be making a list.

It is not mandatory but I ask that you stay at the Rockcastle Shooting Center hotel since they are letting us use part of the range for this practice weekend. </div></div>

Is this still going to happen, haven't seen much talk about it and have very many signed up?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze67</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1b375</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I have scheduled a practice weekend at Rockcastle for anyone shooting in the match. It will December 11th and 12th. The fee will be $50.00 range fee for the weekend paid to Rockcastle. You must be shooting in the match to shoot with the group. I will be bringing some of my steel targets so that we will have some instant feedback. This will be a chance to get some good dope on your rifle for the match. If you are going to shoot that weekend, get with me as I will be making a list.

It is not mandatory but I ask that you stay at the Rockcastle Shooting Center hotel since they are letting us use part of the range for this practice weekend. </div></div>

Is this still going to happen, haven't seen much talk about it and have very many signed up?
</div></div>
As far as I know the practice weekend is a go.

Yes, the practice weekend is still a go. We should have a good turnout for the practice weekend.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1b375</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, the practice weekend is still a go. We should have a good turnout for the practice weekend. </div></div>

NICE! Talk about home field advantage...
laugh.gif

Wish I could pull this off, if anyone is within a few hundred miles, this could be a huge opportunity.

BTW, reg form is on the way!

Ok its offical Texas & Oklahoma are sending a mixed team. See ya there.

Outback, you plan on bringing any steel with ya? Might have to get some more. Been banging the hell out of the stuff I got at Shreveport.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok its offical Texas & Oklahoma are sending a mixed team. See ya there.</div></div>
It is good to be on the same team for a change!
Looking forward to it.

Hahahahahaha. Texas & Oklahoma on the same team? That almost seems impossible but might be a welcome change. Hope to see y'all there.

Any cost to just spectate? I'm no where near good enough nor do I have the level of gun to compete but I'd love to use it as a training opportunity to observe and learn.

No cost to spectate, we encourage spectators to come out. Once you see how much fun it is, then your hooked.

Chiller we still have slots.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wheelchairman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any cost to just spectate? I'm no where near good enough nor do I have the level of gun to compete but I'd love to use it as a training opportunity to observe and learn. </div></div>

I am going, you are more than welcome to come with. I am trying to talk Brad into coming too.

Sounds like we need a Missouri/Arkansas team...since the arch rivals from TX and OK are teaming up!
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gugubica</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am going, you are more than welcome to come with. I am trying to talk Brad into coming too.

Sounds like we need a Missouri/Arkansas team...since the arch rivals from TX and OK are teaming up!
laugh.gif
</div></div>

I'm up for it! Unfortunately, you can find a hell of a lot better shooters than me though. I could be the equipment caddy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wheelchairman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any cost to just spectate? I'm no where near good enough nor do I have the level of gun to compete but I'd love to use it as a training opportunity to observe and learn. </div></div>

lol Neither do I(skill wise) but I'm still gonna shoot it. If you can shoot it you should.

OK Australia & Oklahoma. Yes berm shooter i can bring steel . You all tell me what you want and i will bring it

I think a Missouri group is a great idea...I know there are 4 from the Columbia area heading down that way.

I'm really hoping to go, unfortunately it's still up in the air, and I fear that i'll be too late once I can confirm.
frown.gif

Branden (another Missouri shooter)

I am in the same boat so to speak, never been to a competitive shoot, have no idea what to expect, the procedures and will slow things down to a crawl maybe even upsetting a few.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dust_Remover</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
'm really hoping to go, unfortunately it's still up in the air, and I fear that i'll be too late once I can confirm. frown

Branden (another Missouri shooter)

-Edmund Burke </div></div>

Plus I cannot really afford to compete and will not know if I have the coin until Jan so I may show up to watch.

I just noticed your signature, got a laugh, Edmund Burke. I know Eddie Burke of Alaska fame.

I was hoping the cold would keep the good shooters at home.
Oh well it will still be fun

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Long Sleeve on the shirts? </div></div>

+1 sounds like a good idea to me!

Heads Up, if anyone emails me about the match over the next two weeks I won't be able to respond after Monday the 18th. Will be back in the Rockies hunting. I will answer any questions and emails when I get out of the woods.

I am a little concerned about "being able to negotiate obstacles" my team mate has a DSHK bullet lodged in his pelvis up against his sciatic nerve bundle and needs to avoid high empact stuff... He can walk get into shooting positions etc... running, jumping would suck...

Does anyone know how physical this thing will get?

Talk with Joe. I'm sure he'll get you sorted.

I'd venture to say with a Real Issue like that, Joe will make accommodations... and Nobody else will Bitch.

gugubica, Joe is in Montana hunting for the next 2 weeks. So I don't have access to the registration info. As of October 1st we had 54 registered shooters and I believe he had received about 10 more after that. When he gets back we will go through them by the postmark date on the forms.