• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mammoth Sniper Challenge - Park City, KY

Re: Mammoth Sniper Challenge - Park City, KY

Dust_R,
Hope you get it shook and start feeling better. See ya..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ScottS1W</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dust_R,
Hope you get it shook and start feeling better. See ya.. </div></div>

Nausea got set in last night, but managed to sleep that off, that's feeling better, but still pressure in my head that I feel when I lean over to pick up my daughters or cough. I'm hopeful that another 24hours and i'll be 100%.

Might just need to take some more Excedrin and that should take care of the head deal today. Not eating much though, just no appetite.

Branden

Packed and ready to go! Can't wait till quitting time to get on the way. Should be onsite by 2030. Looking forward to a great weekend! May not hit shit, but it will be fun! This is my first comp and I plan on being in serious competition for the last place award. Looking forward to learning all I can!

So I've never been to a comp and I was looking to come spectate before I ever enter a competition myself. What do you guys suggest a first timer should bring? Just a spotting scope? And what time does all the fun start?
Thanks for any help

Looking forward to a great match. See you all tomorrow!

Weather guy says snow starting in the morning bout daylight. 3 inches by sat morning. Should be interesting? But it is Ky could be 50 by Sat afternoon. Doubt it though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ScottS1W</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No body else has said it but we're all thinking it..... I'll blurt it out.
Weather Underground has temperature Saturday morning at 18 degrees F around 6:AM. Frosty Baby!
Those guys that are spectating could make a fortune selling hot liquids.... </div></div>

Black coffee with a shot of bourbon will warm you right up. I will come out and make a fortune!
smile.gif

As hard as it was snowing here I bet this mornings round had very limited visability, I can't wait to come and spectate tomorrow.

Snowing its ass off. On the zero range, visibility was still very good 300 and in. Lots of nice rifles on the range today. Can't wait for the morning!

Would like to give a big THANK YOU to the match sponsors. The prize tables are ridiculous. We appreciate your support.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wildcatsfan11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Best time to come spectate tomorrow? </div></div>

Tomorrow will be golden. Hope for cold.

How much snow did you guys wake up to this morning? How is the range working out, any trouble getting around caused by the snow?

Joe is running top notch operation up here. Moving smoothly and very organized.sponsors are VERY nice guys the folks from BARRETT are outstanding and the mrad is AMAZING shooter. Shot mrad in high wind today and it makes hits@ long dist with high wind very easy. Recoil is less than my 300 it had a suppressor on it

Hope you brought your long johns Berm, Slap Nomad in the back of his head for me. Looks like Kodiak in July for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: caver101</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The snow is nice!</div></div>

Everyone here is in panic mode over the mess they are calling for here Monday. Were the hell are the pics?!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gugubica</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Update...

Cold

Low scores

</div></div>

Those of us who know Joe werent expecting high schores no matter what the weather was like.

Processing pics now.

Temps were around 17*F all day. Most of the pics are from stages 1,2 and 3. I went out to Stage 4, but after mudding it out there, then almost sliding off at the "tractor path" I thought better of it.

I just got home so it will be a couple hours before I get the pics posted.

ETA: Sorry, pics will have to wait until tomorrow morning.

I got to check it out for a few hours, had an awsome time, and really got a new respect for the sport. I hope rockcastle has some smaller matches throughout the year I would really like to shoot one.

Targets to small a bit impractical. Don't know about next time

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Targets to small a bit impractical. Don't know about next time </div></div>

What size are / were they? 1 moa, 2 moa, 1/2 moa?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Targets too small, a bit impractical. Don't know about next time</div></div>

Interesting assessment

Pics are up:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/58059252@N07/sets/72157625783112264/

I apologize in advance for not getting more. Between me being lost in the sauce (wasn't there for the briefing and lost some hours finding the stages) and camera malfunctions (temp maybe?) I only got about half of what I wanted, but I think it gives a good idea of how this match was setup.

I will definitely be making an effort to shoot the summer team match.

Target were avg 1 1/2 moa no smaller than one moa unless they were bonus. Outstanding match Joe but what do I know it was my first.

Thanks for putting up the pics!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Targets to small a bit impractical. Don't know about next time </div></div>
I second the statement above, however, I want to thank the sponsors for their generosity and support of our sport.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: edgewater</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Targets to small a bit impractical. Don't know about next time </div></div>
I second the statement above, however, I want to thank the sponsors for their generosity and support of our sport. </div></div>

I disagree with the above.

Small challenging targets that took us out of our comfort zone. Learned a lot, have more to learn, and hope my spotters Bourbon makes it home intact. If Joe will have us back, we will be back. Our quote of the weekend, "if I wanted to have fun, I would have gotten drunk and pissed all over myself". Thank you sponsors and thank you Joe and crew.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: edgewater</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Targets to small a bit impractical. Don't know about next time </div></div>
I second the statement above, however, I want to thank the sponsors for their generosity and support of our sport. </div></div>

I disagree with the above.

Small challenging targets that took us out of our comfort zone. Learned a lot, have more to learn, and hope my spotters Bourbon makes it home intact. If Joe will have us back, we will be back. Our quote of the weekend, "if I wanted to have fun, I would have gotten drunk and pissed all over myself". Thank you sponsors and thank you Joe and crew. </div></div>

My quote from the RO shoot. Tobacco barn." No Joe I ain't no pussy, I'll shoot this stage like a man."

You guys crack me up.

Even the girl who was doing the pro-photos was making fun of you all shivering in the cold.

I wish I could have shot. Maybe next year it will jive a little better with the budget/calendar.

I went up for the day to just look around at the setup and how it was run. I thought it was a nice facility and very nice staff. Two of the range officers were not quite on the same page with people, but I didn't shoot it so that's all I can comment on. I think when it warms up and they allow ATV's you won't have to drive everywhere but all in all they have a good thing started. I hear they are wanting to host more events which is good.

Got to handle the new Barrett in 338. It was equipped with a gem tech can and Hensoldt scope. One round hits at 600 were easy with it. I met a few guys from the hide and talked with George for awhile.

Interested to hear what others have to say that competed.

Who won the match, is there a list of the competitors with scores? Hate to miss these things. Just wondering who all shot in it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RobertB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who won the match, is there a list of the competitors with scores? Hate to miss these things. Just wondering who all shot in it. </div></div>

If you goto the match link on the first page of this thread, you can get a list of all the people who were signed up to shoot.

congrats knight!! awesome shooting!!

open was won with 29 hits and big bore was won with 20...i cant remember if it was 24 or 25 for military.

I wonder if next time they will change military class to include .300WM since that caliber is now being used?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stefan73</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wonder if next time they will change military class to include .300WM since that caliber is now being used? </div></div>
so is the .338 too...

Besides the scores it would be cool to get a description of the stages and what was required for each.

just got back home, this was a great match, very well run, very challenging, humbling & frustrating! i'll be back!