• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Man butchers cow in driveway

Re: Man butchers cow in driveway

Well at least it wasnt and Elk or Deer. Hunters get a bad enough rap as it is. I cant find the vid but there was one on youtube of a guy cleaning a deer in an alley as a "tutorial" video.

It may not be illegal but sure is ghetto as hell.

God forbid we actually know where our food actually comes from.

Oh the horror. Hell, years ago his neighbors would have come by with knives and coolers to help.

I dress and Quarter game and farm animals in my yard all the time .The people that live around me can like it or not. I don't complain when their wives walk around in the yard with their fat asses hanging out or their bellys lapping over their swimsuits. I do have to rember that the ones in heels and make-up are not for the freezer

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PBinWA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">God forbid we actually know where our food actually comes from. </div></div>

This comment deserves a "like" button.

Who in the fuck cares if he wanted to butcher an elephant in HIS driveway. Its not the govts business and sure as hell not the nosy neighbor with nothing better to do than stick his fucking nose where it doesnt belong.

People are so insulated from where their food comes from its pathetic. I bet man A will serve when shtf while pussy b starves to death, because providing meat for his family in the most economical way possible is below him.

I say good for the ogden man, he is providing food for his family, he should be given an award not prosecuted.

Guys, the only reason the police came was because he shot it at his house, i.e. discharging a firearm in city limits not because of the butchering. But the story kinda side-steps that point and makes it about him butchering the cow instead.

My sister in law married a leaf eater, the guy drives me nuts and I bet his sunken eye skull arms as big as a 5th grader ass, probably found this story disgusting, which makes me like it.

Everyone should run out and get a cow or hog and butcher it in the yard.

His cow, his driveway. I dont see the problem. My only concern is how he cleaned up the blood and what he did with the remains. If he just washed the blood off into the streets, there might be something that can be said about that.

As a cattleman Im happy to see people here know where their flipping hamburgers come from. +1 to the hide.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: idahoshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As a cattleman Im happy to see people here know where their flipping hamburgers come from. +1 to the hide. </div></div>

WTF did you expect? Considering most here are hunters or what not... perhaps your perception of the general membership here is skewed a little.

All I know is that this ol boy should have invited over the guys that "air" skin and of course d-bone a deer in "x" minutes. Gunshot or not, he would have been likely out of the press.

I had a friend in high school who's family would butcher their deer in the driveway. There would be a river of blood running down the street. They were very "country". We always thought it was funny but not all of the neighbors agreed. They being said nobody ever called the cops.

According to the article, the complainant ushered their children inside before calling the police.

Amazing - instead of giving little Johnnie an education in showing him where that cheeseburger comes from, his parents rushed him inside before calling the man in blue to make the unpleasantness go away.

Something tells me the family went out for burgers the next night without ever making the connection.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PBinWA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">God forbid we actually know where our food actually comes from. </div></div>

Here.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0ixJZQmzLBU"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0ixJZQmzLBU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Then theres this.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sLcgxIGTFRs&feature=related"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sLcgxIGTFRs&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Dam city folk.

HAHAHA that's funny -

A few years ago, we were in the back yard of a buddies house, dressing seven deer when we saw a door to door salesmen coming thru the subdivision ( mostly 2-5 acres ranchettes). I was particulary bloody from the exercise, got a HUGE knife in my hands and dunked forearms and knife in the gut barrel.

Answered the door in a pyscho scream " WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT ASSHOLE!!!!"""

I think that guy is still running twenty years later...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mikee Booshay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HAHAHA that's funny -

A few years ago, we were in the back yard of a buddies house, dressing seven deer when we saw a door to door salesmen coming thru the subdivision ( mostly 2-5 acres ranchettes). I was particulary bloody from the exercise, got a HUGE knife in my hands and dunked forearms and knife in the gut barrel.

Answered the door in a pyscho scream " WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT ASSHOLE!!!!"""

I think that guy is still running twenty years later... </div></div>

grin.gif

Good for this guy. I've done the same with deer for years. If I didn't have a garage, they were hung in the yard and processed. Can't see paying someone else to do my work. Just sayin'...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: phantasm</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: idahoshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As a cattleman Im happy to see people here know where their flipping hamburgers come from. +1 to the hide. </div></div>

WTF did you expect? Considering most here are hunters or what not... perhaps your perception of the general membership here is skewed a little. </div></div>

Always expect the worse, hope for the best.

It's sad these days that most children hav no idea where there food comes from...come on, disorderly conduct?...it's amazing what this world is coming to.

"Then the mooing stopped". that's my favorite quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IJBbtkBMMs

i'd blame it on mad cow disease. bessie wasn't the same over the last few days. bessie's affliction caused suicidal tendencies that couldn't be avoided and the bovine could no longer cope with urban life. perhaps the grass is greener on the other side. i knew i should have locked the safe.

Back in college I use to hang deer from balcony of my apartment to process.

But I will say it was at Texas A&M, not at university of texas. I am sure there would have been many issues there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PBinWA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">God forbid we actually know where our food actually comes from. </div></div>

Here.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0ixJZQmzLBU"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0ixJZQmzLBU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Then theres this.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sLcgxIGTFRs&feature=related"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sLcgxIGTFRs&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>
Skinning an animal while it is still alive is fucked up. I am not against hunting, or killing of pests, but the whole idea is to kill the animal as fast as possible. To make it suffer when they clearly have the ability to put the animal down is just fucked up.

He should have said, "That wasn't a gunshot they heard. That was the sound of the sledge bouncing off the bovine's skull".

Shot my first deer when I was 10 (1962). My dad and I arrived home late that night and hung the deer from a tree in the driveway (it was in the 20s). Saturday morning, we got out there and skinned it and cut it up. Neighborhood kids were coming around in to watch - they thought it was great!

BTW, this was in Austin, TX, neighborhood was Tarrytown (if you know Austin). This was NOT the country, but a very nice 'hood in the city. This was before all the tree-huggin', dope smokin', hippie liberals took over a great city.

Kevin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PBinWA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">God forbid we actually know where our food actually comes from. </div></div>

Here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ixJZQmzLBU

Then theres this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLcgxIGTFRs&feature=related </div></div>
Skinning an animal while it is still alive is fucked up. I am not against hunting, or killing of pests, but the whole idea is to kill the animal as fast as possible. To make it suffer when they clearly have the ability to put the animal down is just fucked up. </div></div>

No need to glamorize cruelty. You take its life in one stroke or not at all: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jhatka

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THUNDERBOLT68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Back in college I use to hang deer from balcony of my apartment to process.

But I will say it was at Texas A&M, not at university of texas. I am sure there would have been many issues there. </div></div>

We got told at the Agricultural college that I went to that we could no longer use the showers to process deer cause the hair clogged the drains.

Funniest one I saw out here in hillbilly heaven was when a pair of guys shot a cow in a field, cut it up with a chainsaw and threw what they could in the trunk of their car. Next thing on their list? Go to the bar and get hammered! Cops were called when someone saw a bunch of blood seeping out of their trunk...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do have to rember that the ones in heels and make-up are not for the freezer </div></div>

Lots of those out here too.

This is why I live outside of the city limits. They say it's cruel, and then say pass the meatloaf.

The Chinese assholes skinning live animals are fucking savages.

Damn...a fuss over cutting up a critter to eat?

Just WTF has this world come to.

That's an everyday way of life here......

I won't say it compares to slaughtering a cow in your driveway, but we used to clean dove all the time on the front step of my dorm at A&M (Walton loads!) facing the main drive on Northside, without ever receiving a complaint.

Also, skinning an animal alive ought to be punishable by death.