• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners MCS-T4 for Tikka T3

tmanners

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2006
1232 swift, NKC, MO.
In response to all the requests that we have gotten to do a stock for the Tikka T3 we have came out with a special version of the mcs-t4 stock. The inlet is designed to be a bolt in and go. It will work with both the Tactical and hunting versions of the T3. This stock will use your factory recoil lug out of your old stock, it is just a matter of pulling it out and placing it in the new one. For the guys that are going to re barrel and run a remington style lug that will not be a problem just let us know which lug cut you need at time of order. Thank you very much,
tikkat3001.jpg
tikkat3002.jpg

Re: Manners MCS-T4 for Tikka T3

Tom, how about one for the 595 Tikka Master Sporter.

:Q_______________________________ great stock!!!!!!!!

Ah hell, now I have to restock the 223 varmint. What about the bottom metal/ er plastic??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Corp. Punishment</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Price? Will these be available in canada? </div></div>
The inlet is standard on the mcs-t4 so the cost is the same. It is $475.00 plus shipping. It will come with a full inlet, a 1" decel pad, and be in your choice of a soild color. Yes we can ship to you. Thank you very much

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tip em over</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks great Tom,
Are they running around the same weight? </div></div> The fill under the action is a heavier chop, this will add a ounce or so to them. The reason for this is that they are designed to be a bolt in and go inlet. They will not use pillars. For the guys that want to run pillars and bed them that is no problem just let us know at time of order. Thank you very much,

Just got mine (well my sons if you ask him) ordered. Tom said 10-11 weeks. He is setting mine up with a spacer system to go way down to 7 year old size and back up as he grows or I shoot it. I know one little boy is going to be happy! Ok, so will I.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trigger time</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just got mine (well my sons if you ask him) ordered. Tom said 10-11 weeks. He is setting mine up with a spacer system to go way down to 7 year old size and back up as he grows or I shoot it. I know one little boy is going to be happy! Ok, so will I. </div></div>
Now there's a good Dad. And he knows how to kill two birds with one check.
wink.gif

I asked Tom about a Tikka T3 replacement hunting stock. He said they're considering the MCS-SL hunter stock for the Tikka T3's in a few months. I'll be first in line for that one, now I've just got to figure out the bottom metal as mine is intergrated/molded into the factory stock.

Any thoughts

Hi Tom,

Will this stock accept all the screws from the tikka stock it's replacing?

Rath

Jeff, I'm with you, a MCL-SL would transform the Tikka hunting rifles. The T3 light models are fantastic barreled actions stuck in ordinary stocks.

Rath

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rath</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi Tom,

Will this stock accept all the screws from the tikka stock it's replacing? Apologies for the noob question. Rath </div></div> Yes, you will need to use the factory tikka screws. Thanks

What about the magazine box? do you have one that would fit your stock for the Tikka T3 varmint (.223), but have a longer COAL?

So what you are saying is for $475, your stock is ready to be dropped in without any gunsmithing mods? Once again, which model is it? Sorry, I am bit new with your stock system.

i have a question for tikka's possessor: I have a t3 tactical, 24" barrel.... anybody know the exact free bore of this rifle??? thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What about the magazine box? do you have one that would fit your stock for the Tikka T3 varmint (.223), but have a longer COAL?

So what you are saying is for $475, your stock is ready to be dropped in without any gunsmithing mods? Once again, which model is it? Sorry, I am bit new with your stock system. </div></div>

All of the Tikka T3 tactical and hunting guns use the same action and bottom metal inlet. The inlet is designed just for the factory mag boxes, the outside deminsions on a 223 and 308 mag are the same, not sure if you could modify a 308 mag to run your longer 223 OAL rounds or not, never tried it. At time of order we will need to know what barrel contour is needed. Other than that you should be good to bolt in and go. Thank you very much

I spoke with Beretta parts department this afternoon regarding replacement bottom metal for the T3 lite rifles. The bottom metal for the Tikka T3 lites is Part# S5850175 and the price is $128.00.

Currently the Beretta tech said he has only one in stock. I'm waiting until Tom gives the green light on the MCS-SL hunter stock project for the Tikka T3's

Hope it helps,

Jeff is this the same as the plastic part but in Alum or steel?

The t3's all use the same plastic bottom parts, the mags are the same shape on the outside, the .308 win ( M ) magazine will not take .223 rounds, the lips are too far apart so you are stuck with the .223 mag.

that is:

untill we introduce our after market mag system for the T3. ( we are about 6 weeks or so off if all goes right)
We are right in the middle of a drop in mag system that uses AICS mags for the .308win based cartridges.
AI should have a .223 magazine to suit comming out soon. I expect Accurate Magazine will follow suit, if not we have .223 magazines that will work, but they are too expensive bieng a mag within a mag.

For the 6.5x55 to .338win tikka's we have another magazine lined up, the mag system will be the same, just the well will be different.

As i did with the Howa mag system, I will send Tom a mag system for the T3 so he has an example on shelf.

Ive actualy got some spare MCS T blanks here, and as soon as my stock milling machine gets delieverd i'm gonna have a go at putting a T3 in to it, Ive fitted Tikka 595's into the MCS T so i figure the T3 will go also.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Tom, put me down for some of the stocks. </span>I think you will find that using our bottom metal and the AICS mags you should be able to inlet most of your stocks for the T3.

regards Pete

Pete,

The AIC's mag system is the best for a tactical setup and should work very well on the MCS-T4 stock.

My application I'm talking with Tom on is to fit the Tikka T3 lite to the MCS-SL hunter stock. I think your AIC's system will be too large and way over kill for a hunting rifle and MCS-SL stock. I'm assuming your mag system will be for the MCS-T series only

Your thoughts

Jeff. our AICS mag - mag system will suit any tactical T3 type set up.

But due to the fact that many require a hunting type set up and dont like the mag sticking out too far we are producing another version to boot, firstly for the long action that uses shorter magazines, in shorter i mean not sticking so far out of the bottom (and not in OAL)
Ive also spoke to Accurate Magazine about custom making mags for us, certainly they are willing and I was thinking an AICS 3 rd mag would go well ( Ive actualy shortened quite a few AICS mags to make them sit flush with the bottom of stocks)
Ive also a requirement for a 5rd AW type mag, but thats not for the T3, not that you cant make a T3 work with AW mags, you can, but it means milling the action.

The other option, and the 1st thing we made, is an alloy replacement for the T3 plastic unit that uses the standard T3 mags. by the end of the year we will have a bunch of new mag system options.

regards Pete

Pete,

Keep us up to date with the releases of the replacement bottom metal versions for the Tikka T3. I'm most interested in the factory alloy replacement. Hopefully your release will coneside with Tom's release of the MCS-SL hunting stock.

Any ballpark pricing you could give us. I know it won't be exact, but can you us a rough cost?

Thanks and I look forward to your releases.

I plan to order one this week and would appreciate any feedback from others (and pic's) that have already gotten theirs.

Thanks

Dave

Tom
I am interested in ordering one for a T3 Varmint .223 how long from ordering to delivery..not real picky on colour
Thanks
Mike

tom, but this stock mantains the free floating barrel as the original stock ??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SAS_Sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">tom, but this stock mantains the free floating barrel as the original stock ?? </div></div> Yes, the complete barrel is free floated.
Thank you very much,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOOTNECK9Z45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tom
I am interested in ordering one for a T3 Varmint .223 how long from ordering to delivery..not real picky on colour
Thanks
Mike </div></div> Hi Mike, As of now we are about 11 weeks out on this stock and inlet. The stock will come in your choice of a solid standard color which can be found on our web page. Thank you very much

Tom

I've been waiting for this for a long time. Thanks for making it happen. Can this be ordered with the adj. Cheek piece (T4A Configuration) and the other standard options like flush cups and butt spacer system?

Thanks

Kit

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fortis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tom

I've been waiting for this for a long time. Thanks for making it happen. Can this be ordered with the adj. Cheek piece (T4A Configuration) and the other standard options like flush cups and butt spacer system?

Thanks

Kit </div></div>Hi Kit, At this time we only offer this inlet on the mcs-t4 and not the t4a. The reason is that we have a special version of the mcs-t4 mold for this inlet. No problem on the options, all standard inlets are offered on these. Thank you very much,

Tom

Thanks for the fast reply. Do you reccomnend any of the saddle type cheek pieces for your stocks in case I would need extra height. I find that I need an extra 1/2-3/4 inch on most every stock I've got with scope/ring combos I use. The stock T3 tactical stock I have now has a cheek piece and I have it up about 3/4 in.

Thanks again

Kit

but can i ordered the MCS T4 with adjustable stock?? as in the pic of your web site??
wink.gif

SAS, Not for a Tikka, you can get the MCS T4 but not the T4A.

Rath

Well I could not stand looking at the pics any longer. I called Manners and found myself talking to the boss man himself. I could not have asked for a better buying experience. He took the time to answer about a dozen questions I had. I had originally called just to get some info, but after talking with Tom I ordered one right then. Thank again Tom for everything.

Kit Morgan

im definately buying one when i get back from being deployed. i hate how cheap the t3 stock feels

Yea the stock just does not feel very substantial. I'm sure the T4 will be fix. The factory stock works fine I just don't like how it feels, and it is too short for me even with all the spacers in.