• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners stock advice for 300NM?

rem `06

Private
Minuteman
Sep 12, 2007
Huntingdon,Pa 16652
Rem 700action with Rock Creek Sendaro contour 26" bbl and Dave Bruno break. BDL bottom but rails NOT cut to feed (yet)?

Current stock is HS Precision Factory take off Sendaro. pre palm swell and gun is only 10ish lbs. I broke a few front studs off with a Harris 9-13LN-S

I need a stock with more control and looking hard at the Badger Mini Chassis to make a repeater.

considering: want adjustable cheek and maybe thumbhole?

PRSI
T5A
EH5A
OTHER???

not sure if I want a front rail for a wide bipod or flush cups for bags?

pro's con's? advice? Hunting rifle for Long range, whitetail bear etc.....currently shooting 208Amax and 230OTM but switching to 210 Hunting Box Berger until they come out with a 230 Hunting bullet.

Manners is one of those companies that will really take care of you. I have a stock in for some reworking right now. Got a confirmation e mail of the work I wanted the day they got it. Its not just that they have good policies, people, and warranties, they bend over backwards to take care of their customers and potential customers.

I do see that. I would like to make the best choice poss

thunblole or not is the real kicker. Is it just personal preference on feel or are there good reasons for one or the other?

just trying to get some input from those who have heavy hitters for long range hunting and shooting?

Last edited:
I've shot a few thumb holes, but not Manners . I don't care for them , but that's me . It's all personal preference, if you can try one out you may find its exactly what you want .

What stocks did they send you? I'm looking at a TA or EH-6A for the next build (provided they can be inlet for 300NM).

i didn't get the samples yet? Badger M5 mini chassis is my inletting. the 338Lapua Mag (magazine) AKA: MCS-DBM MINI CHASSIS GEN 2

and opening the rail for CF is my plan.

PRSI
T5A
EH5A
OTHER??? are the stocks we talked about and thumbhole.

Last edited:
I have a 300NM in a T4A on its way. Went with the Badger M5 for this build with the CIP length mags. I like the T4 over the T5 (I'm not a fan of thumbhole stocks either and don't like the slimmer front end of the T5 compared to the T4 but again, its personal preference) but for a hunting gun, I'd probably prefer a stock with a more sloped grip.

Regarding projectiles, take a look at the 220gr ELD-X as well.

I do see that. I would like to make the best choice poss

thunblole or not is the real kicker. Is it just personal preference on feel or are there good reasons for one or the other?

just trying to get some input from those who have heavy hitters for long range hunting and shooting?

I have the T4 on my 300wm. I like the vertical grip of the T4 and EH1. I like the look and feel of the T3 also. I don't personally like thumb hole stocks, but which stock fits you best, is not which one fits me best. I like the DBM mini chassis and would suggest it, it looks like more up front but, there is no bottom metal to buy and action bedding to do. If I was hunting and had to have the adjustable cheek I would look at the EH1 or elite carbon shell to save some weight.

interesting, got a few T4A, any PRS1 fans or is it still too new?

seems like some negatives on straight bottom in back? go more curved for hunting? I was thinking the straight bottom rear would add more meat in back adding grip?

a few negatives on thumb hole and plus on vertical grip.

Mine is in an EH1 with adjustable cheek.
i love it . But it is LIGHT, so if I were just building a bench or belly gun I'd go with something heavier. Mine is a medium Palma , biggest you can go I'm guessing for that stock. Ergonomics are perfect for me.

i received the T4A non thumbhole and T5Athumbhole and love the thumbhole, now on to mini chassis in a T5 don't need the adjustable cheek and they are extending the 1" packmyer recoil pad out an inch so no need for spacer system. I see the magazine I need is 338Lapua does that come in 2 lengths , std and C.i.p.? which do I need? it is a Rem (30-06) original action with the bolt face opened up and Sako extractor,and will I need the rail opened up? 300NM

i received the T4A non thumbhole and T5Athumbhole and love the thumbhole, now on to mini chassis in a T5 don't need the adjustable cheek and they are extending the 1" packmyer recoil pad out an inch so no need for spacer system. I see the magazine I need is 338Lapua does that come in 2 lengths , std and C.i.p.? which do I need? it is a Rem (30-06) original action with the bolt face opened up and Sako extractor,and will I need the rail opened up? 300NM

I posted this on another thread, but here's the CIP length 338 mags with 300NM and 230 Tac (left) and 230 target sitting at a CBOL of 2.926.

However, I'm unsure whether you'll be able to use the CIP length mags with the 700 LA. You may be restricted to the non-CIP mags.

Attachments

• photo53366.jpg
    photo53366.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 22
order is in M5
1MCS-T5
1Right-Handed
1Standard
1Remington 700 L/A
1MCS-DBM Long Action Mini Chassis
1Remington Factory Sendero/Varmint
11" Pachmayer Decel Pad 1" (Standard)
1Design Your Own Molded 3-Color Camo
140% OD Green
130% Coyote Tan
130% Black
1Badger Rail
1Flush Cups Non-Rotating (2 Left Side)

Qty Item Price
thanks to all

I will be moving back over to 300NM thread when I get this baby throwing lead!

MAN,its been a long time in the WAITING. I am sending the barreled action it for its fitting. went with the thumbhole. and mini chassis

CIP and 2 magazines and a freakin Jacket!

Last edited:
12# and feel is right. heading to the range with 2 of my current loads 210Amax and 230OTM and new load with rl33 and 210 Berger hunting wlrm and Norma brass