• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners Stock Comparison

staticTango

Private
Minuteman
Apr 9, 2010
Blacksburg, VA
I’m building a rifle for PRS and am interested in a manners stock. Currently I use a MPA comp chassis and find it to be pretty comfortable, but I really like the look of Manners stocks. I’ve read that the grip to trigger distance is too long for many on the Manners TCS stock. How does the grip to trigger distance differ throughout the manners options: TCS, T2A GAP, T4A GAP, PRS series. Is the TCS grip to trigger distance greater than the other manners offerings?
Thanks!

Well I might be just a voice out of the choir here but if you like the TCS, I would find one and see if it fits your hand...and if it doesn't bear in mind that triggers with adjustable shoes exist, and could be very helpful in case you feel that the feature set of the Manners (and its look) is what you want...
Stocks are mostly feeling and it is hard to model feelings with measurement tools....

I have T2A, PRS2 and a TF1 folder and all feel about the same to me. I have a TCS coming in next month but not worried about the distance. I have always wondered if the people who have the issue are wrapping their thumb all the way around the grip. I just lay it on the top or same side as the rest of the fingers. I have normal sized hands.

Something to consider is I have heard from some other shooters that when ordering you can tell Manners to move the mini chassis back a little in the stock but I would try and get a feel on one before doing that.

Reactions: S3th
I have the T6A, PRS-1, LRH, and EH-1A and they all feel about the same to me. I love the way they feel and look but I shoot a MPA better even though I fought the need to change in order to shoot better. I still use the Manners for certain things but I think the MPA makes for a more shootable match rifle.

Reactions: Kawi
I have the PRs1, two EH1, and a T4A. They feel similar to me. For what it's worth, I sold my MPA Comp chassis. For me, I just felt like I liked the feel of a stock better.

I just lay it on the top or same side as the rest of the fingers. I have normal sized hands.
This is what I do as well. Once I know the rifle is in my shoulder pocket firmly and I am square (If possible in whatever position I shoot from) my trigger hand kind of rests on the thumb shelf on the side. I tend to shy away from actually "gripping" the rifle if possible. If I know I can control the recoil by absorbing with my body I have pretty dang light grip pressure. Maybe that is just a carryover from how I shoot a bow, who knows. Shooting a bow with death grip is bad ju-ju, I just kind of carried that over into rifle shooting. If I am shooting from a weird position I usually try and get a solid "stock weld" by using my non trigger hand to apply pressure back into my shoulder pocket.

Of course, this is shooting my 6, I probably do stuff a little different with my other guns that are larger calibers and have more recoil.

I’ve run a lot of manners and I’m really digging the TCS myself. For PRS I would jump on that or an foundation. I love the PRS1 too with is on my 6BR but it’s just to light is the only problem.

Reactions: Tbassel12
I have both, but prefer MPA for prs, I bought two manners stocks, one for a custom build 6.5 prc hunting rifle, and another for my first MPA ba lite prs gun that I retired and turned into a hunting rifle, 6.5 creed with a 22" barrel. Why not have both! forgot to mention i have a full competition MPA in creed for prs, I just like the stability of a 20 plus pound rifle for prs. It's much easier to transition to the next shot, not to mention seeing the impact.