• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing manners stock

swede69

Private
Minuteman
Dec 27, 2007
thinking about a manners stock.any advice on these? their thumbhole stock looks interesting.fit,feel,workmanship. thanks

Re: manners stock

Mine have all been well made with good workmanship. I like the high comb on the MCS-T best of all.

totally awesome. Worth the wait. Tom is GTG!

I have two MCS-GAT stocks, one fitted, one on the shelf for a build I have coming up.

I found mine needed a little building up around the grip to suit my large hands but Tom Manners was highly support sending both advice and paint to match in the work.

Highly recommended as both a product and a company.

Cheers

Tony

Call them, you'll need to decide fill and weight for your needs.

Tom's stocks are well made and of high quality. They are quite tough. I wouldn't discount his stocks against McMillan. It more comes down to who makes the stock that comforms to your body and tastes the most for each application.

Darin

I'm personally not a fan of thumbholes, in general.
That said, I really like my T4, and would highly recommend Manners stocks. Tom was great to deal with.
CW

I have a T4, which is the shiz, very well crafted, strong, and comfortable to shoot. Tom Manners is a good guy and will answer your questions and make sure that you are taken care of. I like my T4 so much that I ordered a T3 for my hunting rifle.

I have handled a McMillan A5, and to me they are both in the same league.

The GAT is also a sweet stock that is comfortable as hell. Buy with confidence, and give Manners a call, they will take care of you.

Manners rocks! I just got a T4 and am loving it. I will definitely buy more. I think I like it better than my A-5's.

I have a GAT...Very comfortable. I am very happy with it and will add another when the funds allow. Do not discount Manners stocks.

I chose Manners for my 6.5x47 build. I don't have it in hand yet, but I chose it for being rigid yet light in weight, carbon fiber construction (primarily), and relatively short leadtime.

I also like the way they're constructed, as the shell is more seamless than comparable McMillans. Don't get me wrong, I like Mick's too, but I like the Manners from all I've seen, and will likely be buying many more in the future. Tom Manners spoke to me personally on a couple occasions, and is a true gentleman.

-matt