• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners Stocks: Changing the Game, Again!

KYS

BBN #1
Minuteman
Oct 8, 2008
Lexington, KY
Alright fellow Hide members, I was asked by Tom Manners to post this as soon as I got it put together for the official Snipers Hide photo release. McM brothers stock no longer has the upper hand in stock color options. Tom has been tossing around the idea of molded in colors and camo patterns for a while and it has finally went into production on a small scale to see how it could turn out. Well, I am here to tell you all that his process and results are outstanding. I have been a customer with Tom for a long time and have bought many stocks, both his and McMillan. I am a huge fan of his T4 and T5 with mini chassis.

I sent in my APA barreled action to have it recoated and Tom mentioned a "new project" that was so new he needed a guinea pig to try it out on, I told him to use mine and lets see what happened. I had a T5A with mini chassis made and then he dropped the surprise..... MOLDED IN CAMO.

Introducing MANNERS MOLDED IN CAMO - This pattern is designed by Tom and his crew. They will offer 3 others to start, woodland, GAP Camo, and this one. Also 3 solid colors - FDE, OD GREEN, Black.

Please excuse the indoor pics, I will take better ones tomorrow. I think the colors come out a little more bright then they really are. Tom told me they would start taking orders after SHOT Show as that will be their official unveiling. But he wanted the Hide guys to get a first look. I am not affiliated with Manners Composite Stocks just a loyal customer that happened to get lucky and get one of the first ones he made.

szu3it.jpg

i52e6b.jpg

2moyovq.jpg

Re: Manners Stocks: Changing the Game, Again!

Looks Good. Glad they finnaly are getting into the molded colors.

Finally!! That has been one thing for me that has given mcmillan the upper hand, but that's all changed now Next stock will definitely be a Manners!

This stock is the only way to go for true drop in aftermarket stocks! If you order a molded in color/camo + mini chassis there is no need for the end user to do anything else but torque in his barreled action and shoot. No waiting on bedding and paint!

This is the ultimate combo I believe.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flyboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks Good. Glad they finnaly are getting into the molded colors. </div></div>

They will have 3 colors and 3 camo patterns to start. As the demand grows so will his color pallet.

That camo color looks like it could work pretty well in the western states,but,I would love to see them do a Desert Camo,I know it is a popular color in the McM.

Dammit KYS, your always getting at the new stuff first! Regardless, I'm glad he didn't kick the idea around for too long! Looks like being the guinea pig worked out.

Looking forward to seeing some pics with the natural light. Thanks for sharing dude.

SS

Desert Camo is on his list of ones to offer.

Tom is top notch. I think the molded in colors is really gonna fill a vacuum that customers have been wanting.

No!!!
cry.gif
Now I have to sell my T-5A in Desert Tan to get one in molded Desert Camo. Looks good.....

It does seem like every time I'm about to buy something manners puts out something shiny.

I wanted to do a new 260, an T4A looks right up that ally now.
grin.gif

Skynet is becoming self-aware!

This is great. Solves a few questions regarding my build. I look forward to seeing other colors.

Pc

Molded in Multicam plz

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bevan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Molded in Multicam plz </div></div>

Your best bet on that for now is a water dip application. Im sure down the road he could do that but for now, thats a lot of work.

that looks really good. kind of reminds me of a spongue on krylon job, but way nicer.

Looks great! Glad to see them doing that!

Does the price stay the same or does the price go up with molded in camo?

Looks like I have to wait a couple of more months to order a T5A, so the waiting game begins again...
That looks great.

That looks great. I'm glad they finally started doing this, now they need to work on some swirl patterns. Thanks for sharing KYS338.

I would love to see pics of the woodland, I will be getting a third stock from manners so I will try a molded in camo color.

Might need to get my T5 order delayed

Would also like to know if the molded-in camo increases the price.

The swirl looks nice, but I believe this is actually a better "camo" pattern as far as function.

ooooohh - my stock option for my next build has just changed! Looks great. Tom is a great supporter of shooting sports.

Looking forward to seeing the desert camo. Manners will be on the top of my next stock purchase list.

Wont be any outdoor pics today. It's snowing like crazy.

Good to see they are finally going to take a chunk out of McM's business. Now people won't be able to say that McM's advantage is molded in camo.... I recently bought a McM stock and love it was the stock I've always wanted and of course right after I get the stock... Manners goes and does this to me. Now I'm kicking myself, but I can't complain I got the stock for $350 A4 bedded and pillared. Can't ask for better or can you?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Snow won't hurt that rifle. </div></div>

You are right, snow wont hurt the rifle at all. But...

Hurts when you have an ear and sinus infection and I dont think my 6 week old baby would like the 20 degree weather to much!

Will Tom be finally making these with no texture? tia barry

Finally, this is exactly what I've been wanting. Some molded in GAP camo from Manners!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...No waiting on bedding and paint!

This is the ultimate combo I believe. </div></div>

<**sniff**> You're putting me out of work.
frown.gif

Branden

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: barry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will Tom be finally making these with no texture? tia barry </div></div>

The front of the stock which would be the barrel channel area is always textured.

Thats pretty darn sweet, now he just needs a version of the mini chassis for the savage (short action, pre accutrigger, centerfed)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rero360</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats pretty darn sweet, now he just needs a version of the mini chassis for the savage (short action, pre accutrigger, centerfed) </div></div>

Guess it would depend if the demand is there. Retooling for that might be of high cost for him.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rero360</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats pretty darn sweet, now he just needs a version of the mini chassis for the savage (short action, pre accutrigger, centerfed) </div></div>

Guess it would depend if the demand is there. Retooling for that might be of high cost for him..... </div></div>

Yeah, I know, a man can hope though lol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rero360</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rero360</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats pretty darn sweet, now he just needs a version of the mini chassis for the savage (short action, pre accutrigger, centerfed) </div></div>

Guess it would depend if the demand is there. Retooling for that might be of high cost for him..... </div></div>

Yeah, I know, a man can hope though lol. </div></div>

Don't worry, i'm there 3-4 days a week and I mention stuff about Savage all the time. One day...one day. lol.

Branden

I'd be a happy guinea pig for T4A Mini chassis with molded desert!!!!

That looks great, and with the mini-chassis I think Manners has just pulled ahead!!

Well, that just sealed the deal on getting a T5A. Molded in camo is a great addition. Way to go Tom.

Very nice. Been noticing the Manners stocks as of late and the praise they receive (I'm a bit new to this) and it looks like they'll wind up on my build when I kick it off.

Molded in is the way! Very nice.
smile.gif

This is just speculation on my part, but there used to be an option on manners website for a gelcoat finish. I believe it was $160, but I'm not positive about that. I just went to their website and couldn't find that option anymore. My guess is that will be the cost of the molded in camo, but like I said that's just speculation on my part.

Gel Coat is factored into the price of the molded in camo.....

Yes we are very pleased to be offering molded in gel coats for 2011. We have developed a process that works very well with our current manufacturing proces that keeps the gel coat thickness down to a minimum which keeps the stocks very strong. We will officially come out with them at the shot show this year and will start taking orders in the next few weeks. To start we will be offer the molded in gel coats in a few select models, the T5, T5A, T4, T3, T2, T and TA. The molded in color stocks are going to be limited to standard inlets that do not require the shell to be modified. If there is a special inlet that requires the tang area to be built up, then the stock will need to be painted. The other stocks in the line up like the T4A, T2A , and so on will soon follow. To start we will offer a few basic colors and a camo pattern that has a few different versions, we will expand on this as we go. The molded in colors will be offered in 4 solid colors ( OD, coyote tan, woodland brown and sand ) and a camo pattern which we call MCS-Camo. The MCS-Camo will be offered in 4 versions which will have a color mix target of about 40% 30% 30%. Each one of these are hand done and two will never be exactly the same so the balance might be off a little. The 4 version will be a woodland which is pictured above, a gap version which has OD as major then Coyo tan and black as the minors. The last two will be two different version of desert camo, both version will have a major of sand. One version will have brown and coyo tan as the minors, and the other will have a OD and coyo tan. The 2011 pricing struction will stay the same as it is now, and there is no additional charge for the molded in solid and camo patterns. I will start a new thread end of next week with some pictures of all the versions. Thank you very much,

Can't wait for a new thread showing those pictures.

I just received my first Manners Stock this week. Luv it. Now, it looks like I'll be ordering another one. The waiting game begins.