• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Man's Best Friend Thread

My spoiled sleepy house dog turns into a hunting machine when she sees me pull out the shotgun. Dove opener Tuesday evening, two man limit in less than 45 minutes. She did a lot of swimming. She will be 8 November 22nd. It will be a sad day when my Kimber is gone.
20200901_185130.jpg
20200901_184936.jpg

Old girl thinks she's one of the babies. I thought I was going to have to put her down a month or so back. She's entirely deaf and had given up on eating. 14 years old. Just wasn't herself. She spent two days just laying in one spot. I waited her out for a few days because she absolutely hates the vet. Been good since. Not sure what her problem was. I generally wouldn't let a dog lay on little kid stuff but I got her when my older son was 6 and now she's here with my newborn twins. She's earned whatever the hell she wants. My other son is now 20 btw...
20200906_103109.jpg

I want a dog so badly. But I work 10-12 hour days and that is not fair for the dog.

So does my wife and I, 12 hour night shifts 3-4 days a week. Fortunately our off days are relatively open so we can actually all spend time together. I just wish we had a fence so our husky/shepherd mix would run off without a leash.

I LOVE this thread. There are so many terrific photos and entries here, this thread is one of the first places I come to check out on "the hide".

Here's a rather interesting story that goes to show why dogs are better than Girlfriends.
Moral of the story: Dump the girlfriend and let the dog sleep on the bed with you.

This is Skoshi. Our last Akita went 10 years and the end was so hard we both swore no more pets; we're not young, we wanna get an RV, we wanna travel, etc. All the lies we tell ourselves to avoid the kind of agony we lived with when Kieko's time came. The next six months were misery and then "She who must be obeyed," found "THE" litter in Texas. I flew out and back on Dec 23 for a round trip to Dallas and but for the 2 hours she spent in the hold, Skoshi has been with us every moment of every day. Turns out the breeders neglected to handle the pups frequently, so she doesn't like to be petted but otherwise, all puppy behavior, including razor mouth, we have dealt with. I probably will pass before Skoshi does so we have a trust for her; never would have believed I'd do that. We're spoiling this one (probably too much) but we want her to have at least as much happiness as she brings us. I do wish she could shoot better though.
IMG_0901.jpg

I just saw on the news that a survey was conducted and 40% of Americans would give up their dogs for a month instead of their cell phones. That’s what is wrong with this country. Shaking my damn head.

I'd give up 40% of Americans for 30 days with a dog. Or did I read that wrong?

My one-month-old granddaughter and her guardian, Molly. Molly is half GS and half Siberian Husky. She remains within a few feet of the GD at all times. If she cries, Molly moves closer to investigate and, if necessary, defend. View attachment 7431335

There is an amazing bond between some dogs and babies. I have seen this personally and have heard many other stories just like this.

I've wondered if these dogs realize how high in the air they are or is it just another view of their world?
I don't know, I think it has more to do with their trust in their handler.🤷‍♂️

IMG_20200718_080218.jpg

This is Bullseye. A Jack Russell. A loyal friend who is never far from me. Hell on raccoons and squirrels. Loves to ride in the car, smarter than most people. Just don't move him when he's sleeping 😜.

Attachments

• IMG_20200411_005418.jpg
    IMG_20200411_005418.jpg
    389.4 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20200108_170514.jpg
    IMG_20200108_170514.jpg
    486.3 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20200611_144948.jpg
    IMG_20200611_144948.jpg
    704.1 KB · Views: 61
The terror of squirrels. I swear she is 3% pointer... somewhere in her. Of course she’s hunting with her trusty tennis ball seen a few posts ago.
E7D47049-A57C-41DE-9088-2D56001FEBC0.jpeg

And my other shadow during lunchtime. This one eats off a fork better than some humans.
image.jpg

Here a couple shots of my service dog Brandy. Thanks to a TBI, and some PTSD I picked up as souvenirs in Iraq, this angel has been following me around for the last 6 years.

iMrJaG7.jpg

I try to get good shot of her, but only have a cell phone. I do, however, have a buddy in an overlanding group that takes nice photos with his camera, so hopefully will have better after Thursday..

Here's a few (out of the hundreds) that turned out good...

QZkkmQN.jpg

GbJdW8F.jpg

GcaDxb3.jpg

I tried editing this one on the phone... think I got carried away.

Zi4fdhM.jpg

Fo0Taw9.jpg

I make memes out of her too for the German Shepherd pages...

03EEuyC.jpg

zLQEJYE.jpg

dfyIBgw.jpg

t5Cbbqk.jpg

5kXYlfV.jpg

j1teZTd.jpg

This was all over the internet about 2 years ago Thanksgiving. We were at a dog park in FL.

S5X4cbf.jpg