• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes March 1-10 Shorty Dual Focal - Reviews?

Has anyone compared this to a Vortex gen 3 1-10 or NF ATACR 1-8 (illumination, ease to get behind etc.)? Also is the illumination NV compatible?
I'm considering one for a KAC 11.5 CQB. Thanks.
I too would love to see a comparison/rundown between all of these optics, with the inclusion of a VCOG 1-8.

I’ve been emailing with March a bit. It sounds like they aren’t planning to release the 1-10X Shorty with a more holdover friendly reticle anytime soon. However, they seemed receptive to the idea and said if they do decide to do another reticle it would probably be something like the FML-PDKI. Which is good news!
AA3D2688-2BDF-404A-BE18-87AE998AA2A8.png

A MIL RAD TREE LIKE THIS ^^^^^ with a capped Windage would be the cat's ass 😸
You should email them and let them know at: [email protected]

I told them I knew these would be pretty much the #1 selling LVPO if they offered this reticle and they said they’d talk with the developers... maybe if a bunch of people showed support for the idea they would be more apt to make it happen?

You should email them and let them know at: [email protected]

I told them I knew these would be pretty much the #1 selling LVPO if they offered this reticle and they said they’d talk with the developers... maybe if a bunch of people showed support for the idea they would be more apt to make it happen?
Looks like I'll be emailing them too. That tree, while not perfect (well, that's my opinion) is really solid. I'd be curious as to how the illumintion is on 1x with that reticle, or, if we are already going down the "tree reticle LPVO" road, improvements can't be suggested to make it even more useful at 1x and 10x respectively.

This thing will be a niche product in LPVO-land at 10x with adjustable parallax alone...

Reactions: Hans7
The illumination is done on the SFP, not the FFP; it does not change as the magnification changes.

Reactions: gnochi
The illumination is done on the SFP, not the FFP; it does not change as the magnification changes.
That's good to know - I'm just curious as to if on 1x the illumination would be perceived as a dot or a washed-out "hot mess" when used.

Reactions: Denys
I’ve been emailing with March a bit. It sounds like they aren’t planning to release the 1-10X Shorty with a more holdover friendly reticle anytime soon. However, they seemed receptive to the idea and said if they do decide to do another reticle it would probably be something like the FML-PDKI. Which is good news! View attachment 7581907
That reticle needs to go into the two new wide angle high master scopes.

Reactions: gnochi
Funny that you should ask, as I'm now emailing with March, and one of the questions that they asked was if NV compatability would be of interest...
I think NV capability on the low end and Red Dot (aimpoint) on the high end is very important for a tactical LPVO.

On the 4.5-28X52, it is not illuminated. This has to do with the size of the lines when the objective group is short.
Isn’t the PDKI a thicker illuminated version of the PDK?

I plan on putting my shorty 1-10 on a PROOF CF 20" 6.5 Creed in a MCS mini chassis. Manually Operated DMR just like this :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201014-090017~3.png
    Screenshot_20201014-090017~3.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 145
Reactions: Hans7
Any new information or reviews on this scope? Eyebox, Illumination brightness, comparisons to Vortex or NF? Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks!

I like mine. The illuminated dot is daylight bright. You can see it in the brightest daylight. I am using mine on a squirrel rifle & don't shoot much past 50-60 yards. Is the first FF scope I liked. but it is actually SF too. Here is a photo, but I have no ability to get decent pictures, the scope is super crisp & clear. My pics just suck. The scope is worth what I paid.

Attachments

• 20210219_123359_resized.jpg
    20210219_123359_resized.jpg
    402.8 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:
@Pinenot Is there anyway you can get a picture at 1x with the dot on?

That video is super helpful! It seems like you loose a fair bit of usable reticle at 10x, how does it look to your eyes?

Reactions: TacticalPlinker
Here some pics . On 1x & dot illuminated at 1 3 & 6. today with the slight overcast. 3 is more than enough today. 6 Is way to bright today. I was holding my phone camera & so focus is not good at all. If you mean a lot of the ret is not in view on 10 power , yes. but the image is good even at 10x at 50 yards. But in most scopes my favorite powers is 8x. I do see through this scope better at 8x. than at 10x. I will try to post better pics, if I can. I do want to say I really like dual planes.
20210325_084404_resized.jpg

Attachments

• 20210325_084258_resized.jpg
    20210325_084258_resized.jpg
    345.6 KB · Views: 334
  • 20210325_084228_resized.jpg
    20210325_084228_resized.jpg
    346.3 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:
Thanks! Any more reviews?
@koshkin Mentioned on a livestream this week he considers it to be a close competitor to the G3 Razor. Stating the March was better at 800+ yards due to its adjustable parallax. He went on to say he still prefers the G3 Razor due to its reticle and wind holds as he doesn’t like to dial his LPVO optics. He seems to prefer a ”set it and forget it approach“ to LPVOs. Different styles for different folks.

I’m actually curious to know how the March F 1-8 compares to the 1-10 as I prefer their feature set to the G3 Razor.

I am not an LPVO expert, but just got the 1-10 shorty to compare to my Gen III 1-10 and SAI 6. Need some more time but if you'd like me to do anything special just ask and I'll do my best to get you the info you seek.
Anything about eye box and dot brightness at 1x and glass quality and reticle at 10x? Red dot performance at 1x plus precision scope at 10x and I am a buyer.

Anything about eye box and dot brightness at 1x and glass quality and reticle at 10x? Red dot performance at 1x plus precision scope at 10x and I am a buyer.
Will try to get all three out this weekend and get some through the scope pics and test eyebox. I don’t have time for a full review as we are getting our house ready to put on the market, so won’t be able to do range work and instead will have to get images around the house and at distance on a hill off my deck. Not the greatest for evaluation but it works in a pinch.

Reactions: PBWalsh
Will try to get all three out this weekend and get some through the scope pics and test eyebox. I don’t have time for a full review as we are getting our house ready to put on the market, so won’t be able to do range work and instead will have to get images around the house and at distance on a hill off my deck. Not the greatest for evaluation but it works in a pinch.
Thanks!!

@koshkin Mentioned on a livestream this week he considers it to be a close competitor to the G3 Razor. Stating the March was better at 800+ yards due to its adjustable parallax. He went on to say he still prefers the G3 Razor due to its reticle and wind holds as he doesn’t like to dial his LPVO optics. He seems to prefer a ”set it and forget it approach“ to LPVOs. Different styles for different folks.

I’m actually curious to know how the March F 1-8 compares to the 1-10 as I prefer their feature set to the G3 Razor.

That's a very good summary.

ILya

Reactions: Bravo6
@koshkin or anyone else,

When using the G3 Razor, do you use the center dot for shooting groups or dial in an offset and use one of the reticle’s holds? I understand an LPVO’s primary use is not shooting tiny groups, but I would like the ability to do a Kraft or dot torture drill when I want to.

Kinda torn between the two March optics (1-8/10), the G3 Razor, and the SWFA 1-6 at the lower end.

What mount is everyone using? Is March Ca the only source for the one piece shorty mount?

Quick review:

Mount: Audere/Dean Unimount - Pic rail on front ring for Rmr, I run NV.

Dot: small and daylight bright. No issues.
Brighter than my 1-8x short dot dual cc and less bright than my vortex 1-10. It’s a great, small, clean and bright dot:

Eye Relief/Eyebox: maybe some of the best. It is incredibly easy to get and stay behind. I played with extreme head movement, left, right, up and down, it feels red dot-ish. I was not looking for the scope, it was just there.

Glass Brightness/Clarity: very bright, as bright as my Vortex 1-10. March is brighter at 10x than the Vortex and seems to pick up more light. Pretty evident and playing around at dusk at high magnification. Clarity is that of good Japanese glass. No real dstortion to speak of.

Turrets: fantastic, audible and crisp, really darn good. This may sound strange, but wish It had locking parallax and an easier to turn illumination knob.

Finally, 8 inches and 17oz! Wow.

I have a lot of top tier LPVO’s.
This thing comes close to an almost perfect LOVO.

Quick review:

Brighter than my 1-8x short dot dual cc and less bright than my vortex 1-10. It’s a great, small, clean and bright dot:

Eye Relief/Eyebox: maybe some of the best. It is incredibly easy to get and stay behind. I played with extreme head movement, left, right, up and down, it feels red dot-ish. I was not looking for the scope, it was just there.

Glass Brightness/Clarity: very bright, as bright as my Vortex 1-10. March is brighter at 10x than the Vortex and seems to pick up more light. Pretty evident and playing around at dusk at high magnification. Clarity is that of good Japanese glass. No real dstortion to speak of.

Turrets: fantastic, audible and crisp, really darn good. This may sound strange, but wish It had locking parallax and an easier to turn illumination knob.

Can you post pics of your setup? I tried to search for your mount and couldn't find anything. I've got the 1-8 shorty and use an ADM M68 mount for mine. Have ya used the 1-8 and if so what are the differences?

Quick review:

Very similar results to you DL32, I have the March shorty 1-10, Gen III 1-10 and SAI 6 1-6. I love all three for various reasons but can only keep one, maybe two. I am selling the Gen III 1-10, not because I do not like it, but because I am a reticle snob and foolishly ordered the MOA BDC reticle and I'm not a big fan, wish I would have bought the mil reticle version instead. I will have a review out shortly. The March reminds me most of my long range scopes with exposed turrets and parallax control, the dual focal plan reticle is really slick, they are supposed to be coming out with a tree reticle but not sure when, and it won't be dual focal plane so not sure what that will do with the brightness and size of the dot.

Can you post pics of your setup? I tried to search for your mount and couldn't find anything. I've got the 1-8 shorty and use an ADM M68 mount for mine. Have ya used the 1-8 and if so what are the differences?
20210410_March_Shorty_1-10x24_DR-1_009.jpg

Here is the Audere mount. I also put two ARC M10 rings to show that two rings can be used aft of the turret housing with some spacing to spare for width of picatinny slots.

I have to mimic what DL32 said above. I have been using a shorty 1-10 with capped turrets for a couple of weeks now and have been impressed. I have it mounted on an sub-moa sbr in 6.5 Grendel that I shoot to 700+. I really wanted a 10x LPVO with parallax adjustment for this rifle. The glass is great. The dot is not as bright as the Vortex or NF NX-8 or Atacr but I had no problem seeing it during bright mid-day sun on targets of differing color, from white to black. I really like how easy the reticle is to use at 1x without the illumination turned on. The NF Atacr and Vortex reticles were not as easy to use to me without illumination. The scope is very easy to get behind, even at 10x. Close range presentation drills are fast, but I haven't done them on the shot timer yet to compare times using a T2. The reticle is usable. It is a sort of tree reticle in that it has a 4 degree taper but I like the tree on the Vortex and Atacr better. 2 ring mounting options are limited right now to the uni mount, that I can't find in stock, or using the Burris rings with the inserts that the importer sells, which is what I did. I put in 10 moa of slope with the inserts and that has been working well so far. So far I really like the scope. The only thing I liked better about the Vortex and NF Atacr was illumination and the tree portion of the reticle, however, I like the March center better than the center on those. The dual focal plane design really shines here. I did not like the Nx-8 at all, sorry. Over all, I'm really digging this scope. Ask me again in a year and we will see if I still feel the same.

If I could get the new GRSC reticle in that March 1-10 Shorty, it would be a done deal. Once they introduce the tree reticles, it’s game-on for me. I’ve been looking at their 1-8x for years but there just hasn’t been a lot of feedback on them and the reticle options were limited last I looked.

iu

I’m looking at a lot of these High Performance LPVOs now as more of my go-to optics since I’ve always been a fan of compact, high-end glass, durable, feature-rich optics for the multi-use AR-15 and AR-10 systems.

Once you change the cartridge to something with more downrange energy retention, flat trajectory, and minimal wind-drift, the AR-15 becomes something different and the glass really needs to step up to match the ballistic potential of the high performance intermediate cartridges like .224 AR, .224 Valkyrie, 6mm AR(C), and 6.5 Grendel, without stepping up in weight/bulk/profile. The modern true 1x LPVOs also give you that close range capability, especially with no-BS daylight illumination like on the NX8, ATACR, and Vortex G3.

Same for the more compact, lighter AR-10 carbines with tight twist .308 or one of the 6.5-08 class of chamberings. Since AR-10s tend to have a lot of beef in the barrel shank, BCG, and receiver set, it doesn’t help the lightweight formula when you slap on heavy glass.

So far I’m really liking the NX8 1-8 and Razor Gen III, but this 1-10 Shorty really changes things since it has side focus and is so tiny. It’s like having a better 10x scope than a legacy 2.5-10x, that is only 8” long, with 1x capability of a RDS.

If you’ve never used March glass before, they really are crystal clear and several of their high magnification factor scopes have excellent FOV down in the lower power range. I was shooting out to 700yds with a .308 topped with March glass before and didn’t even realize I was on 2.5x, the image was so good, and the FOV gave me a lot more SA of the TGT area. They just haven’t marketed well in the US for some reason.

These would be perfect for my 12” Grendel, 16” Lilja Grendel, 18” Grendels, and a new Savage MSR-10 carbine I saw on a local shelf and grabbed. If I see something I want now, I don’t hum and haw over it anymore.

I can move my other LPVOs to my 5.56 blasters since they don’t have much predictable reach in the territory where these make sense.

I have been asking a few members who used a single mount privately but might as well just throw out this question here.

Just for benchrest shooting purpose, does a single ring mount holds zero for this scope? I like scalarworks LEAP mount but if the recoil will knock it off zero then I better go find the special unimount

Last edited: