• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes March 1-10 Shorty Dual Focal - Reviews?

ClangClang

Private
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2017
MD
I was today years old when I heard about the new offering from March. Anyone gotten some hands-on time yet?

Their 1-10 Shorty appears to have all the ingredients of a winning LPVO to sit on top of an all purpose battle rifle (SR-25 ACC). Intended usage is Heavy Metal division in various carbine competitions including Run N Gun matches. Typical targets range from 5-750 yards, typically at least 3 MOA or bigger out at the longer ranges.

Personally, I'm most curious about the daylight brightness and performance on 1x. I currently have a Vortex 1-10 but the March is nearly 5 oz lighter and that is a sizable difference when you are running with it on your back for up to 8 miles.

Are these FFP or SFP? I was looking at these the other day as well. Super cool looking and like you said, less weight then the vortex.

Reactions: deersniper
I was today years old when I heard about the new offering from March. Anyone gotten some hands-on time yet?

Their 1-10 Shorty appears to have all the ingredients of a winning LPVO to sit on top of an all purpose battle rifle (SR-25 ACC). Intended usage is Heavy Metal division in various carbine competitions including Run N Gun matches. Typical targets range from 5-750 yards, typically at least 3 MOA or bigger out at the longer ranges.

Personally, I'm most curious about the daylight brightness and performance on 1x. I currently have a Vortex 1-10 but the March is nearly 5 oz lighter and that is a sizable difference when you are running with it on your back for up to 8 miles.
If an LPVO performs well in Run and Gun, its basically the ideal optic. Ive been through a ton of them in search of the best one for this particular purpose and its one of the main reasons I favor 30mm tubes. I had to strike off the March DFP for two reasons, no good way to piggy back my DPP considering your mount options are limited and no wind holds at elevation. I also would like half mil holds. Still ISO.....

I have been playing with one for quite some time and do have a red dot piggy backed on it.

It is a very nice design and it is quite fast on 1x. They do need to expand reticle options. The reticle is functional, but not ideal in my opinion. If it had a small tree, I would own one.

It is a really excellent "do everything" scope and I used from 10 to 1000 yards with nearly equal comfort.

ILya

I have been playing with one for quite some time and do have a red dot piggy backed on it.

It is a very nice design and it is quite fast on 1x. They do need to expand reticle options. The reticle is functional, but not ideal in my opinion. If it had a small tree, I would own one.

It is a really excellent "do everything" scope and I used from 10 to 1000 yards with nearly equal comfort.

ILya
Can you post a picture of your mounting solution?

Reactions: TacticalPlinker

It would work better if they had a direct mount plate. I'll try to convince them to make one, but as is it turned out pretty functional, just a little higher than I would want because of the need for a picatinny clamp.

ILya

It would work better if they had a direct mount plate. I'll try to convince them to make one, but as is it turned out pretty functional, just a little higher than I would want because of the need for a picatinny clamp.

ILya
I had just seen that on IG before you posted this. Thanks

ILya
Can you compare it to the Razor 1-10?

Seems odd that they would make a very non-standard scope; two different rings needed, and then not offer any mounts for it. Yes, somebody, somewhere made a few, but they arent available anywhere.
Doesnt help with sales.

Seems odd that they would make a very non-standard scope; two different rings needed, and then not offer any mounts for it. Yes, somebody, somewhere made a few, but they arent available anywhere.
Doesnt help with sales.
If you go to the marchscopes.com website. and then check the accessories, you will have all your questions answered:
Accessories | MARCH Scopes | DEON Optical Design Corporation

The March branded rings are made in the Most Serene Republic of San Marino, a micro-state in northeastern Italy, by a company called Audere.
AUDERE - Innovative Firearms Accessories Manufacturing

The Shorty one piece mount is March item number MS0001.

These are not the same rings as the one that were offered a few years back; they are totally different. I have a couple of sets of the Audere rings and they are, in a word, exquisite. They are really well made and quite innovative.

Are the March accessories kept in stock?
Or are they like the scopes - order it, wait until it's made, wait for it to ship, etc.?

Are the March accessories kept in stock?
Or are they like the scopes - order it, wait until it's made, wait for it to ship, etc.?
I do not know. That would depend on the various dealers. I should think if anyone is considering getting a Shorty, they should order one of these mounts at the same time. You now have the source for these rings.

If you go to the marchscopes.com website. and then check the accessories, you will have all your questions answered:
Accessories | MARCH Scopes | DEON Optical Design Corporation

The March branded rings are made in the Most Serene Republic of San Marino, a micro-state in northeastern Italy, by a company called Audere.
AUDERE - Innovative Firearms Accessories Manufacturing

The Shorty one piece mount is March item number MS0001.

These are not the same rings as the one that were offered a few years back; they are totally different. I have a couple of sets of the Audere rings and they are, in a word, exquisite. They are really well made and quite innovative.
I’ll stand by my comments, neither of your links provide any ability to purchase the ms0001 mount.

If the proprietary mount is not available to purchasers of a very expensive scope it becomes the definition of poor business. I look forward to being proven wrong.

Just purchased the 1-10 Shorty from Eurooptic/Sportoptics (they had 2 in stock as of yesterday). Can't find a March mount anywhere. Anyone know where I can get one?

The March-branded rings and mounts come from Audere in San Marino. I understand they are being sent to dealers in the US. I believe Optics Planet has some and you should check at longrangesupply.com also.

Last edited:
The March-branded rings and mounts come from Audere in San Marino. They are sourced through Marchscopes UK. Currently, you can order them through marchscopes.co.uk and they will ship directly to you. The site shows them in stock. You can also email them directly at [email protected] for information.
Yes, they have them listed but I dont see any way to actualy order them and dont see any listing of in-stock or price. It says to select from the drop down, which doesnt exist. Unless there is some other page I cant find. Looked at accessories, unimount, shorty.

Same with the CA website, no ordering option.

Sheesh, is it supposed to be this difficult?

Reactions: BoldCorrections
Its an omen. Manufacturer sales people should make it easy to buy their products.

Is there a reason why 2 30mm rings between the eyepiece and turrets wouldn't work? Looks like they would be in the center of the scope.

March should be selling the mounts if they are selling the scopes. Nevertheless, a two-ring mount between the eyepiece and turrets looks like the best way now.

How about single ring mounts? Does anyone know of a good single ring mount that might work here?

Reactions: Bravo6
I use this ADM mount for my 1-8 shorty.
20200612_153433.jpg

I got the following information from Marchscopes.co.uk and Deon.

These rings and mounts are sourced through Marchscopes.co.uk. In two weeks (next month), they will begin supplying March dealers world wide with the full range of rings and mounts so people will be able to order them directly from their local dealers.

I see that Optics Planet already has them listed:
https://www.opticsplanet.com/march-optics-riflescope-mounts-rings-and-bases.html

Last edited:
Reactions: Glassaholic
Wouldn't an Aimpoint PRO/Comp mount work for one of these?
I am wondering the same thing. Jong’s post with the single ring above ^^^ makes me thing the Aimpoint pro mount from Scalerworks might be a perfect fit for this. Equating to a super light and incredibly capable LVPO set up.

I’m thinking March will be getting my money here soon, especially if they develop a slightly more holdover friendly reticle for this optic.

Wouldn't an Aimpoint PRO/Comp mount work for one of these?
That's what mine is.

There is only one reticle available—the DR-1. It is a traditional reticle with no tree, which is fine with me since I typically dial for elevation and hold for wind.

Reactions: Hans7
There's a guy on airgunnation that is testing his out. It's in the optic section over there.
Thank you! Here’s the link if anyones interested. I no longer am after seeing his through the scope video. The scope got dark and reticle numbers blurred.
Link

Thank you! Here’s the link if anyones interested. I no longer am after seeing his through the scope video. The scope got dark and reticle numbers blurred.
Link

That’s a function of the camera setup. I have that scope and it does not do that.

Do not judge image quality by the “through the scope” videos. They are usually done incorrectly.

ILya

That’s a function of the camera setup. I have that scope and it does not do that.

Do not judge image quality by the “through the scope” videos. They are usually done incorrectly.

ILya

ILya is correct. My March 1-10 shorty doesn't do that either. Also, when you view objects at different distances, you must adjust the parallax/focus knob like you do on higher mag scopes. That's a nice feature of the March shorty that gives it an advantage over fixed parallax LPVOs.

Do you think it has a place on a hiking hunting rifle?
I don't know what constitutes a "hiking hunting rifle", but to me that sounds like some kind of a small lightweight rifle. one of the claims to fame for that March 1-10X24 DR-1 shorty is its small size and light weight. In fact, Deon compares it to an ordinary (an ubiquitous) bottle of water in length and weight. Add to that the magnification range and the dual reticle, I think it would be the perfect optical complement for a small lightweight rifle.

ILya is correct. My March 1-10 shorty doesn't do that either. Also, when you view objects at different distances, you must adjust the parallax/focus knob like you do on higher mag scopes. That's a nice feature of the March shorty that gives it an advantage over fixed parallax LPVOs.

I really want to like these optics in concept, especially with the adjustable parallax and dual focal plane design which are awesome features. I'm curious if March will incorporate other reticle options (Christmas tree?) into future offerings, as the specs on this really do seem encouraging, and there's enough of a market that likes that style of reticle to support such sales, I would assume.

For the life of me, I don't understand why March had be special and create a mount that requires a 33mm diameter ring in the front, when sizing up to 34mm tube would be much more compatible with aftermarket rings, and would help with market adoption...

I've said it a few times now on SH, but I think that it bears repeating: having adjustable parallax on optics with magnification greater than 8x is not only really nice, but also makes sense for people who are stretching the legs of their rifles. That's really been the only reluctance that I've had in terms of jumping on the higher magnification LPVO bandwagon, especially if someone's ocular is adjusted to their specific eyes and you don't want to fiddle with changing the optic around in the field for someone else. I don't know, maybe I'm just being picky...

Given its size, weight, and 10x mag, I suppose it would be fine on a small hunting rifle. But, unless you need 1x for hunting, there are a lot cheaper scopes that will fill the bill.

I bought a 1-10 Shorty from Don @ Long Range Supply. So far I love it. I have it on a pellet rifle, no recoil, using an old Aimpoint wide single ring. I have bad eyes & love the daylight bright dot.
20210223_162910_resized.jpg

Has anyone compared this to a Vortex gen 3 1-10 or NF ATACR 1-8 (illumination, ease to get behind etc.)? Also is the illumination NV compatible?
I'm considering one for a KAC 11.5 CQB. Thanks.