• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

March GENISIS .... The Pinnacle Of Optics!!

Slightly off topic but you said you owned the Leica PRS. That is likely my next scope. How does it compare optically to the others you mentioned? ZCo? TT? March? NF? Can it hold it's own?

I can not find many in-depth comparisons with Leica. Id love to see it against the Zeiss S3, March FX 4-28, etc.
The Leica has very good optics....better than the ATACR....and getting up towards ZCO.

The reference to USO , is they made a external adjust scope , like a old Unertl , called the SN-9 , again we are talking 20yrs ago .

Let me explain why that's not right.

The TT is a 5-25X56 measuring 16.75 inches, with a 5X zoom ratio.
The Genesis is a 6-60X56 measuring 15.75 inches, with a 10X zoom ratio.

In a riflescope, the magnification is a function of the objective lens focal length divided the eyepiece focal length, then multiplied by the erector zoom. The TT's base mag is 5X to the Genesis base mag of 6. I have no clue what the objective FL and the eyepiece FL are for either riflescope but since the overall lengths are fairly close, I would expect there to be little difference between the various FLs. There will be some but nothing like comparing short scopes to long scopes of the same magnification. The size of the image at the FFP should be similar.

Since both riflescopes have the same size objectives, 56mm, Dawes limit (resolution) will be the same. The differences between these riflescopes are the zoom ratio, the type of glass and the internal adjustment range.

I think doing the comparison at 25X magnification is very fair. This is obtained by the zoom lenses at 5X for the TT and 4.2X for the Genesis, again, pretty similar. 5X zoom ratio is pretty standard, almost mundane in this day and age, whereas 8X and 10X zoom ratios are rarer and bring in their own challenges. So if you were to compare a March 2.5-25X52 to the TT, the March would be at 10X zoom ratio to the TT's 5X zoom ratio, but by your argument that would be fair because they are both at the top end of their zooms. (I'm ignoring the difference in objective diameter.) But it would not be a fair comparison because of the amount of zoom being used to reach 25X for both riflescopes.

The current comparison at 25X is actually quite fair because of the same objective lens diameter and similar zoom settings.

In my estimation, the differences in IQ are due to conditions and optical path. There, the advantage will go to the Genesis on both counts. The Super ED lenses in the TT are more resistant to IQ degradation due to mirage than non-ED optical glass, and the optical path in the Genesis will always be the optimum because the adjustment is done externally.
Very educational...thank you.

Nothing broke as such....just huge POI variations due to the way the scope elv/win mechanism works...on high recoil...basically it doesn't work.
Great on smaller calibers....but not heavy recoiling ones.
Pity....as the Glass/ Optics are superb!

Reactions: brianf and nazarsh
Nothing broke as such....just huge POI variations due to the way the scope elv/win mechanism works...on high recoil...basically it doesn't work.
Great on smaller calibers....but not heavy recoiling ones.
Pity....as the Glass/ Optics are superb!
Gotcha, glad you got a refund and thanks for describing your experience with it on high recoil cartridges!