• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

March Rayners Long Range Match

Topstrap

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 3, 2009
East side of Ohio
Don't forget Rayners Range will be having another long range plate match on March 28th. Sign up starts at 9:00, shooters meeting at 9:30 and shooting starts at 10:00 and price will be $10.00. 4 positions with a couple stations having different size targets worth different points to increase/decrease
smile.gif
your score based on how good/bad you are shooting that day.

Distances will be 200 to 800 yards with benches at each location or if you prefer doing it in the dirt there is room to go prone. There are 3 classes including Rifle with optics, Open sights and Pistols. A very challenging match and a fun way to spend the day with others.

http://www.raynersrange.com/

Topstrap

Re: March Rayners Long Range Match

Is it still to muddy to get to the top of the hill? Just noticed 800 not 900. I'll be there regardless hopefully with a new guy.

I think TOM said we would do the 800 this month,Its much better out there now!!!

Rumor has it that there may be a smaller, higher point value plate at the 500 and 800/900 positions available for you guys that are really good ..... if it gets put up.

Is this match going to happen rain or shine? Weather is not looking too good right now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stovetop357</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is this match going to happen rain or shine? Weather is not looking too good right now. </div></div>
Yes, it's rain or shine or 5 degrees or 14" of snow. Tom won't cancel a match due to weather (his words). Somebody will always show up. See you there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dale Taylor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">200,225,300,375,408,500,674,725,800 </div></div>

Sweet! So, we'll need a minimum of 27 rounds now?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stovetop357</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dale Taylor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">200,225,300,375,408,500,674,725,800 </div></div>

Sweet! So, we'll need a minimum of 27 rounds now? </div></div>

Bring more if you have it or even another rifle. After everyone is done with the match you are welcome to hang out and shoot some more if you want.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stovetop357</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dale Taylor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">200,225,300,375,408,500,674,725,800 </div></div>

Sounds like 9 rounds should do it.. Maybe 12..
smile.gif

What are the size of the targets.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flounderv2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stovetop357</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dale Taylor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">200,225,300,375,408,500,674,725,800 </div></div>

Sounds like 9 rounds should do it.. Maybe 12..
smile.gif

What are the size of the targets. </div></div>
24 rounds. 4 positions with 6 shots (3 shots for 2 targets)from each. You shoot 3 rounds per target and get points for each hit. Targets vary in size from 2x3 up to full size IPSC. Some positions you have a choice of targets worth different points (smaller targets worth more points).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stovetop357</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is this match going to happen rain or shine? Weather is not looking too good right now. </div></div>
Still not looking so good.

Maybe Tom will do the dance and have Sunshine all day for us. Sunny skies and 65 be nice and is what I'm hoping for.

Rain and cool is way down on my wish list.

Topstrap

Allright ..... I'll be there along with Jim, so some of you other guys better show up
grin.gif

I think we will have 6 or 7 in our crowd ?

I'll be there plus one

Showers. Highs in the mid 50s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 100 percent....Don't that just suck

Another fun day at Rayners. Weather kinda sucked but Tom having shelters put up at all the shooting positions made it fine. Quite suprised at the number of shooters today.

Thanks again Tom, I had a "blast".

Congrats to Goin'Hot for being the hot shot of the day. Looks like pushing a 300 grain match king beyond sanity paid off.
Turn out was pretty good with 28 shooters for such a rainy day. I noticed several new faces, so it looks like this game may be growing. Tom really appreciates everyone's support and enjoys seeing everyone having a good time. Hopefully next month we'll be on top of the hill. See you all next month if not at TVP in a couple of weeks.

Great match today despite the weather,Congrats to Topstrap's son Chris for being king of the handguns today.As the weather gets better we are going to have some LARGE turnouts .

Had a pretty good turnout today, I think weather held a few away. Got a few pictures from our group. I had high hopes today for my new mount but still needs a slight tweaking, didn't miss anything by more than a plate size the whole day but like horseshoes, close isn't good enough. My son showed me how to do it today, guess maybe I trained him well. Good job Chris I'm proud of ya.

rayners3281.jpg

rayners3282.jpg

rayners3283.jpg

rayners3284.jpg

rayners3285.jpg

chrisrayners328.jpg

A couple of the smaller close targets were so hard to see one shooter shot at the stake first shot and then figured out there was supposed to be a plate on top of it, they were that hard to see. As always it was a good group to spend the day with, got to see a lot of really nice equipment and great shooting in miserable weather.

Topstrap

Thanks everyone had a good time despite the rain. Topstrap thanks for the photo's, when I thought about taking some it was raining. See you all next time

Running two groups really cuts down on the time but nobody in our group had a camera for any photos. So as Paul Harvey used to say .... that's half the story.

Results are posted on the website. I came in third! I think I did pretty well for it being my first competition. I had a blast and you can count on me being there next month. Thanks again to Tom and family!

LONG RANGE MATCH
MARCH 28, 2010

OPTIC
Jim Ashcraft 230
Dan Wolfe 205
Stephen Stover 200
Dan Bartok 185
Dan Piatt 185
Cris Rensi 180 HANDGUNS
Mike Scott 165 Chris Kirtpatrick 140
Jesse Rayner 160 Dennis Kirkpatrick 125
John Schumacher 150 Dale Taylor 105
Josey Rayner 145
Wayde Bainter 135
Jessie Price 135
John Ralsten 130
Tom Rayner 130
Karl Vradenburg 125
Ben Peiper 120
Daniel Wolfe 105
Matt Pulley 100
David Callipare 95
Mike Cooper 90
Ed Gudgel 85
Mike Yahraus 60
Josh Guthrie 55
Andy O’Dell 50
Terry Vineyard 45
Randy O’Dell 30

Looks to be alot of fun no matter the weather. If it bad weather it just makes it a better challange.

"A bad shooting, is better than your best day at work".