• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Mark 5HD or....

Islas82

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2019
North Las Vegas
Am in the market for a new scope. I own 2 MK5s and I love them a 5-25 and a 3-18 both H59. BDU has the 5-25 H59 model for $1800, I wouldn’t mind getting another MK5 but part of me would like to try something new, I been looking at the Razor gen 2 a lil, I know they have a good reputation and I like the look of it but have never seen through one and the zero set mechanism seems kinda strange to me, the delta stryker also looks interesting but someone on the forum made a good point about warranty since I believe they’re not in the states. What else is out there that I should pay attention to around this price range and that its on par with the MK5 or better? This scope will be sitting on top of a 6.5 CM rifle. Appreciate the feedback!

The XTR3 is made in Greeley Colorado. Ive converted a handful of MK5 owners now after doing side by sides.

They have an unconditional forever warranty, amazing glass and best FOV of any scope under 3k. They sell on the street for $1600'ish.

Reactions: Islas82
The XTR3 is made in Greeley Colorado. Ive converted a handful of MK5 owners now after doing side by sides.

They have an unconditional forever warranty, amazing glass and best FOV of any scope under 3k. They sell on the street for $1600'ish.

yea I seen you around lol. I have never looked into the XTR3 but will do some research, thank you. I have heard a lot of negative things about the XTR2 and I had a bad experience with a Steiner T5XI that I think is affiliated with Burris?

I have a couple of XTR11's and bought a XTR111 back in the summer and can say the glass on the 3 is in a different league than the 2, the glass is really nice and the clarity is great. My only complaint is the scope isn't offered with a illuminated reticle and the scr2 is pretty thin. The turrets are positive and easy to set.

Yeah, when's that XTR3 illumination coming... I have the Trijicon version of the Stryker, in 5-50 mrad. Only negative for me is a touchy parallax.

I have the Trijicon accupower 5-50x56mm Trijicon rep says same glass as the Tenmile . I just bought a Delta striker HD 4.4-30x56mm and I think the glass is a LITTLE bit better than my Trijicon and Athlon Cronus BTR . Delta has a center dot ,that is dang small . But its top quality ,but so are the other two .

Hows th
I have the Trijicon accupower 5-50x56mm Trijicon rep says same glass as the Tenmile . I just bought a Delta striker HD 4.4-30x56mm and I think the glass is a LITTLE bit better than my Trijicon and Athlon Cronus BTR . Delta has a center dot ,that is dang small . But its top quality ,but so are the other two .
Hows the parallax adjustment? I read thats a common complaint on the deltas. Do you have the tree reticle? And if so how do you like it?

Reactions: Iron Worker
Hows th

Hows the parallax adjustment? I read thats a common complaint on the deltas. Do you have the tree reticle? And if so how do you like it?
Very important , I have the new 2020 version and they changed/improved the parallax adjustment ,bought mine from EDGunwest.com ,received it Friday. Yes I have the Christmas Tree reticle . Compared to my Athlon Cronus BTR ,its gonna take some practice. The center dot is dang small ,but great glass. The Turrets aren't loud like a Vortex ,but they're every bit as precise .

yea I seen you around lol. I have never looked into the XTR3 but will do some research, thank you. I have heard a lot of negative things about the XTR2 and I had a bad experience with a Steiner T5XI that I think is affiliated with Burris?

The XTR3 fixed every negative issue of the XTR2. MUCH better glass, best FOV in its class. Easy eyebox and parallax. And kept the good features, they are durable and track great.

Steiner and Burris are two different companies ran seperately, but share the same parent company.

The illuminated XTR3 is getting very close. The prototypes have been produced and look good. They just have to take it to production.

The Delta. Cronus, Trijicon, etc etc, are made by LOW in Japan. You cant walk out your front door these days without kicking a couple LOW scopes off your porch. I've compared a number of them, including a side by side for the first time with the XRS2 at a match in southern Idaho yesterday, and the Cronus several times. I still haven't seen a Delta/Trijicon/Eotech in the wild. The ones I have compared don't have anything on the Burris. Several are close in glass, but can't compete in FOV, eyebox, parallax, sight picture, general ease of use. Everyone who chimes in about the XTR3 here on the Hide has said great things about them.

Very important , I have the new 2020 version and they changed/improved the parallax adjustment ,bought mine from EDGunwest.com ,received it Friday. Yes I have the Christmas Tree reticle . Compared to my Athlon Cronus BTR ,its gonna take some practice. The center dot is dang small ,but great glass. The Turrets aren't loud like a Vortex ,but they're every bit as precise .
Yes I contacted Brian at EDGunwest and he told me he had the 2020 models, he also answered some questions about warranty which was cool. I think right now the deciding factor is reticle. I run H59s on all my scopes so am very used to that but again, am not opposed to something new. I like the EBR-7C from vortex and I have been looking closely at the Delta reticle and it looks very usable but am still on the fence about maybe because it looks a bit alien to me.

Its coming. The SCR2 will also be made slightly thicker to accommodate the illumination.

Good intel right there... I was hoping it would be the same, but appear thicker with illumination on. S&B LRR ret apparently does this / unsure if by design. I'm going to grab a non-illuminated XTR3 to check out.

Ok I pulled the trigger on the stryker 4.5-30 scope looks super interesting and feature rich, lets see how it goes.

My experience mimics yours, I bought into the T5Xi when they first came out because I liked that they were assembled in Greeley, the specs, the turrets with the rev window, everything looked like it was going to be a winner, but the glass had some of the worst CA I've ever seen in a scope (had both the 5-25 and 3-15), I've heard that Steiner has corrected a lot of those issues, but have not had a chance to look at a recent release from them to know for sure. I also had the XTR II 4-20x50 because I like the 4-20 range a lot more than the 3-15 range, but had issues with the glass and eyebox was extremely finicky to get a good sight picture. A couple years ago Birddog actually convinced me to get another XTR II 4-20 as he assured me they had fixed those early issues, I finally decided to do just that and was pleasantly surprised that he was right, the glass was much better on the new model.

I did a review of the XTR III 3.3-18x50 -

My experience mimics yours, I bought into the T5Xi when they first came out because I liked that they were assembled in Greeley, the specs, the turrets with the rev window, everything looked like it was going to be a winner, but the glass had some of the worst CA I've ever seen in a scope (had both the 5-25 and 3-15), I've heard that Steiner has corrected a lot of those issues, but have not had a chance to look at a recent release from them to know for sure. I also had the XTR II 4-20x50 because I like the 4-20 range a lot more than the 3-15 range, but had issues with the glass and eyebox was extremely finicky to get a good sight picture. A couple years ago Birddog actually convinced me to get another XTR II 4-20 as he assured me they had fixed those early issues, I finally decided to do just that and was pleasantly surprised that he was right, the glass was much better on the new model.

I did a review of the XTR III 3.3-18x50 -
My issue with Steiner was parallax it would just not focus, I sent it in and the new one they sent had the exact same issue, too bad because as you mentioned the scope design was awesome. I have looked at Burris closely before and as recommended by Birddog I took a look at a few videos and read a couple reviews, people seem to be pleased with them but to me they seem like a work in progress with the lack of illumination and reticle options. I saw PRN video review yesterday and he didn’t seem impressed, will read yours now thanks for the link.

My issue with Steiner was parallax it would just not focus, I sent it in and the new one they sent had the exact same issue, too bad because as you mentioned the scope design was awesome. I have looked at Burris closely before and as recommended by Birddog I took a look at a few videos and read a couple reviews, people seem to be pleased with them but to me they seem like a work in progress with the lack of illumination and reticle options. I saw PRN video review yesterday and he didn’t seem impressed, will read yours now thanks for the link.

Its not a work in progress. The first release is their competition model. A thinner SCR2 reticle, because who runs at 8x in a precision rifle match, and no illumination. The illuminated model will serve as a more multipurpose crossover version. Its not evolution, its creation 😉

A shame you weight one review as you do when 99% of the reviews are so positive. There were a few bugs out of the very first batch, such as the first scope that Bill (wjm308) received. And they've been rock solid ever since. Its an entirely brand new design being produced stateside, so they actually did a pretty great job of tackling new product issues. Everything got nipped in the bud very quickly.

The above review is extremely comprehensive and non-bias. Be sure to catch his closing thoughts in the Conclusion section.

Good luck with the Delta, should be a good scope.

Its not a work in progress. The first release is their competition model. A thinner SCR2 reticle, because who runs at 8x in a precision rifle match, and no illumination. The illuminated model will serve as a more multipurpose crossover version. Its not evolution, its creation 😉

A shame you weight one review as you do when 99% of the reviews are so positive. There were a few bugs out of the very first batch, such as the first scope that Bill (wjm308) received. And they've been rock solid ever since. Its an entirely brand new design being produced stateside, so they actually did a pretty great job of tackling new product issues. Everything got nipped in the bud very quickly.

The above review is extremely comprehensive and non-bias. Be sure to catch his closing thoughts in the Conclusion section.

Good luck with the Delta, should be a good scope.
Thank you sir! And who knows naybe there’s a Burris in my future am sure they’ll just keep improving their product.

Reactions: Birddog6424