• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mark Larue has thrown down the guantlet

Re: Mark Larue has thrown down the guantlet

before
larue%20challenge%20before.JPG

after
larue%20challenge%20after.JPG

And me without a spoon... ive got a pile of arms mounts at home just waiting to be snapped in pieces but im here in the sandbox
frown.gif
With an eotech 553 to boot! cant snap those though... part of the optic haha.

I've followed the whole ARMS vs Larue debate for years and it is sad that two companies like this have to act like a bunch of fucking school girls by dragging their personal shit online.

I've owned Larue and ARMS mounts in the past and there is no doubt that the Larue Mounts are superior. I still own some Larue mounts and won't be selling them anytime soon, but this bullshit is why Larue has earned that love him or hate him reputation. The guys that love Larue will tell you he is a true American and just fighting for his company, blah, blah, blah. The Larue haters will tell you that he brings this shit upon himself and he should just let his products sell themselves. I just wish he'd handle this shit privately. If ARMS feels like Larue is doing them wrong, it is their right to sue them whether we like it or not or whether we agree with it or not. That is what courts are for.

Where do I stand on this? I think that Larue makes great products and they have great customer service. They have also been a sponsor in one of the recent classes I went to. For that I thank them, but for some reason this campain crap just doesn't sit right. Something just isn't right about asking people to purposely braking another company's gear. I see nothing wrong with asking people for broken ARMS levers that were broken during normal use and using them as evidence.

Good luck with your campain, but I will not and don't support the way you are handling it.

Respectfully (and I do mean respectfully),
Paulo Santos

I love Larue mounts and I have a set of Arms that are way to tight they will be in the mail in the morn.

I don't think he asked people to do it, he offered a replacement (upgrade) if one chose to participate. I think that there is a great marketing lesson here - I mean, if you look at it as a crap campaign, then so be it but what I see it as is an opportunity for EITHER company to participate in very interesting and effective marketing campaign.

A.R.M.S. could just as easily show up with a bigger pile of junked Larue mounts. I'd venture to guess that won't be the case, but who knows?

All I know is that once the dust settles on whatever you want to call this: a crap campaign, a promotion, a shit storm, a good old fashioned fight - one thing is indisputable:

This is a stroke of marketing genius that Mark Larue should patent!!

Seems to me that Mark is pointing out (all be it in an un-conventional manner) the inherant flaws in the materials and or design of ARMS mounts, something operators have been doing for quite some time.

If a company continues to ignore reports of real world failures isn't it negligent? I see Larue as more of an advocate for us operators.

We all need quality, reliable equipment, not something that will fail and possibly impact mission success.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dogtown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just suspect that there's more to this lawsuit than just what's being thrown out there. Granted, I think ARMS is lawsuit hungry, but if LaRue knowingly violated their patents, then that's another story. If indeed that's the case then he's making a smart move by controlling the debate by flooding the public market the way he is. So if he loses in court, he's still won in the court of public opinion if people believe he did nothing wrong and support him.

Does that make sense? Forgive me, but the skeptic in me starts running opposing scenarios in my head when I see such a one-sided response to an issue that's rarely so cut and dry. </div></div>

Don't get me wrong. I agree with you 110% that things aren't usually so cut and dry.

But, at the same time, anyone can get the list of words and terms that swan had copy writed. Like #17. 5.56 is another one. So is 7.62 I believe. Someone had a whole list of them. That's just stupid. I mean, ok, if you have a cool name, damcv62'swizbangpop, and you think others might want to use it for a different product, sure, might be worth while. But #17?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dark Side</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seems to me that Mark is pointing out (all be it in an un-conventional manner) the inherant flaws in the materials and or design of ARMS mounts, something operators have been doing for quite some time.

If a company continues to ignore reports of real world failures isn't it negligent? I see Larue as more of an advocate for us operators.

We all need quality, reliable equipment, not something that will fail and possibly impact mission success. </div></div>

If gear is breaking while in combat it is one thing and I have seen reports on that. But when guys are intentionally braking parts and sending them in, what does that prove? If you try hard enough, you can break anything. If I was a judge, I would throw all of that evidence out because there is a difference bewteen something that was broken during use and something that was broken on purpose. And now. How can you tell the difference with which gear was broken during use and which gear was broken on purpose.

And while I agree that the Military should have the better gear, that is the Military's responsibility to test and buy the best gear for the soldiers.

Here is what it proves; the pile of junked ARMS mounts at Shot Show shows the support that Larue Tactical has from the public. The bigger the pile, the more support, I dare say that if you don't like his product you won't break a perfectly good mount, if you do then smash away. It has nothing to do with judge, jury or evidence, thats for the pile of junked ARMS mounts that are defective, it has everything to do with supporting a manufacture who supports his customers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Witch Doctor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is what it proves; the pile of junked ARMS mounts at Shot Show shows the support that Larue Tactical has from the public. The bigger the pile, the more support, I dare say that if you don't like his product you won't break a perfectly good mount, if you do then smash away. It has nothing to do with judge, jury or evidence, thats for the pile of junked ARMS mounts that are defective, it has everything to do with supporting a manufacture who supports his customers. </div></div>

I was going to reply, but I'll take the high road. I respect your opinions and leave it at that. If I'm going to support Larue, I'll do that by buying his products, not by joining him in his Internet drama.

I have sent my parts Express from Australia and i was realy spun out how the mounts broke in diferent places when they were bent the same way i was realy surprised.
When i sent the parts back the postage express is over $50 and i have also ordered more product from La Rue at the same time to pay for a little they are replacing.

Just to make it clear i have contacted ARMS about the issues with them being loose on rails and they said i would have to send them back to be inspected and then they might or might no be able to rectify them. That is the issue i have with ARMS and also that one set is way off in windage and marred my Nightforce pissing me off.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paulosantos</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Witch Doctor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is what it proves; the pile of junked ARMS mounts at Shot Show shows the support that Larue Tactical has from the public. The bigger the pile, the more support, I dare say that if you don't like his product you won't break a perfectly good mount, if you do then smash away. It has nothing to do with judge, jury or evidence, thats for the pile of junked ARMS mounts that are defective, it has everything to do with supporting a manufacture who supports his customers. </div></div>

I was going to reply, but I'll take the high road. I respect your opinions and leave it at that. If I'm going to support Larue, I'll do that by buying his products, not by joining him in his Internet drama. </div></div>

Then do it and stop bitching about it here. You say you won't reply, then you throw out a snarky comment and claim to be taking the high road? step away from the crackpipe...

Personally, I don't know Mark LaRue from Adam or Jehosephat, and I don't own anything he's made... but I will now, I mailed my #17 this morning. I was kicking myself for buying the ARMS in the first place, it was way too tight on my Troy rail, and the little sheet metal clamping section did not impress me much. Call it buyers remorse, whatever, but I wouldn't buy another just because I was not impressed with the physical parameters of their product.

Having taken the channel-loks to the ARMS #17, i'm not surprised so many are broken during use, that potmetal lever snapped right off... Were it to get snagged up in your gear getting out of a humvee or something, I could totally see that being an issue. That's not a problem for me, but I see why it might be for some.

so, there is my .02 having not owned either one of these until about 60 days ago, and now having made the decision to switch to what I feel is the superior product.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: damcv62</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dogtown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just suspect that there's more to this lawsuit than just what's being thrown out there. Granted, I think ARMS is lawsuit hungry, but if LaRue knowingly violated their patents, then that's another story. If indeed that's the case then he's making a smart move by controlling the debate by flooding the public market the way he is. So if he loses in court, he's still won in the court of public opinion if people believe he did nothing wrong and support him.

Does that make sense? Forgive me, but the skeptic in me starts running opposing scenarios in my head when I see such a one-sided response to an issue that's rarely so cut and dry. </div></div>

Don't get me wrong. I agree with you 110% that things aren't usually so cut and dry.

But, at the same time, anyone can get the list of words and terms that swan had copy writed. Like #17. 5.56 is another one. So is 7.62 I believe. Someone had a whole list of them. That's just stupid. I mean, ok, if you have a cool name, damcv62'swizbangpop, and you think others might want to use it for a different product, sure, might be worth while. But #17? </div></div>

to me this just shows that IP is a phony.
if IP were to be taken seriously, we couldnt have teachers. because all their ideas have already been said before. if anyone reproduces this idea, you are in violation of copy rights. lately i've taken the view of that IP is actually an infringement on property rights, not a protection of property rights.
but i digress...
anyone who wants to listen to an attorney with an alternative view on IP... listen to this podcast:

http://mises.org/media/3954

Just sent this to my buddy since I think he has the ARMS.

The take home msg is that a very large amount of people prefer Larue over arms. Arms challenged Larue on this claim. It is quite apparent that this is factual, when people will willingly break a functioning piece of equipment to obtain the same piece from a competitor. We are not talking about breaking a leupold to receive a nightforce here; both arms and Larue are very close in price. If some still believe that people are doing this just to get some free stuff, would they break their Larue rings for a pair of arms? I sure as hell wouldn't.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dtask</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A.R.M.S. could just as easily show up with a bigger pile of junked Larue mounts. I'd venture to guess that won't be the case, but who knows?
</div></div>

Larue's point of breaking off the ARMs levers is that it's easy to do and it's much more difficult to snap a Larue mount lever. (tho I aint trying) I'd wager there's no way ARMS could ever get people to snap off their larue levers (if possible) to replace them with ARMs junk.

This stunt does two things, it shows what pot metal junk ARMs is made of and puts Larue at the top of the word of mouth list.

It's really is marketing genius.

In the interest of full disclosure ... PauloSantos has had a incurable case of the red azz at me for quite a while.

ML

Mark, since he don't make mags, "Larue 7.62mm FDS Magazine" might be an appropriate floorplate engraving.

Just stirring up trouble.
smile.gif

larue.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mscott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been wishing I had gotten the A.R.M.S. mount with my Atlas, but I guess I didn't miss out on anything. What Larue part would be what I need for the Atlas bipod? The web page is a bit tough to figure out. Might as well buy one to help Larue out. I really hate stupid lawsuits. </div></div>

LT-171 (the same size as #17s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LaRueTactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In the interest of full disclosure ... PauloSantos has had a incurable case of the red azz at me for quite a while.

ML </div></div>

Brother man, keep making your kick-ass kit and don't change a thing.

i wouldn't run larue gear if it was given to me. he is an arrogant ass. i'll give him credit for his donations to the calguns foundation but that is about as far as my respect goes for him.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LaRueTactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In the interest of full disclosure ... PauloSantos has had a incurable case of the red azz at me for quite a while.

ML </div></div>

Really? You may want to check your records and see how much gear I bought from you guys just in the last year. Sorry if I don't agree with the way you do everything.

Just in this year, I bought an SPRE, two aimpoint M4 mounts, two magnifier mounts, and a bipod with the built in larue mount. I think that is more support than purposely braking shit and asking for free stuff.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Good Doctor</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Onemoretime</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A little off topic but.... Anyone know how I can get more DILLO DUST without ordering another $100+ item????? </div></div>

PM me and I will ship some to you. I have 6 or 8 bottles of the stuff on the shelf. </div></div>

Man! I did not realize that there was such a high demand for this stuff. It is all spoken for now but the next time I stockpike some I will have to put in the "Marketplace" section and auction it off.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Witch Doctor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is what it proves; the pile of junked ARMS mounts at Shot Show shows the support that Larue Tactical has from the public. The bigger the pile, the more support, I dare say that if you don't like his product you won't break a perfectly good mount, if you do then smash away. It has nothing to do with judge, jury or evidence, thats for the pile of junked ARMS mounts that are defective, it has everything to do with supporting a manufacture who supports his customers. </div></div>

the guys that will break a perfectly fine mount are the nut-swinging fucks on ar15.com that worship larue no matter what. the guys that in reality don't even take their gear out of the safe except to take pictures and brag on the internet about how hard they are on their equipment.

bottom line is, larue is an attention whore and that is what this is all about.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Good Doctor</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Onemoretime</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A little off topic but.... Anyone know how I can get more DILLO DUST without ordering another $100+ item????? </div></div>

PM me and I will ship some to you. I have 6 or 8 bottles of the stuff on the shelf. </div></div>
Damn I thought I was the only one who became a big larue fan due to getting the dillo dust. Best thing about ordering from them is the goodies that come with. I am like you, can't afford a $200 spice at the moment.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i wouldn't run larue gear if it was given to me. he is an arrogant ass. i'll give him credit for his donations to the calguns foundation but that is about as far as my respect goes for him. </div></div>

Arrogant ass - interesting you have the name sniper in your screenname, as they are some of my favorite folks, and some know I bend over backwards for them and the task they are sent out with.

As for Calguns donation, thanks, but I need nor want your respect for those donations totalling $24,000 in the last 6 months ... I'd prefer you get our your wallet and match it.

Ass ... out.

ETA - As for PauloSantos - we are Aimpoints largest dealer of any kind in the U.S. for the third year in a row and I sincerely wish you weren't forced to come to us. But be advised, you ain't the first customer we have that despises my bulldoggishly protecting the interests of this firm and it's very valued and many employees. FWIW, I despise Bruce Springsteen, but have to admit I can occasionaly be caught listening to his stuff. :-\

For those that have participated, what's the turnaround time been on the ARMS offer?

And is the LT171 the direct replacement for the 17S?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LaRueTactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
As for Calguns donation, thanks, but I need nor want your respect for those donations totalling $24,000 in the last 6 months ... I'd prefer you get our your wallet and match it.

Ass ... out. </div></div>

Thanks Mark, we can use all the help we can get....LOL, besides I'm such an arrogant ass, I couldn't give an F if you are one too. Hahahaha!

-Pat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For those that have participated, what's the turnaround time been on the ARMS offer?

And is the LT171 the direct replacement for the 17S? </div></div>

Don't know, I just sent mine out today, but the LT-171 is the direct replacement. Here is the link.

Kit for Clunkers

Speaking of Aimpoints, you may want to send out an open style wrench with your Aimpoint M4 medium mounts for the M4s. The battery compartment of the M4s blocks the adjustment lever with the medium mount.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paulosantos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Speaking of Aimpoints, you may want to send out an open style wrench with your Aimpoint M4 medium mounts for the M4s. The battery compartment of the M4s blocks the adjustment lever with the medium mount. </div></div>

It's my experience that it adjustment is a one time thing.

So, adjust / tailor mount to the rail it gonna be run on ... then install Aimpoint. Drive confidently on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Witch Doctor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kit for Clunkers</div></div>
Dammit... now I have to clean up the coffee I just spit all over my keyboard. LMAO!!!

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">Mark, good to see you over here. Got the Christmas Dillo and card. Thanks a ton.</span>

smiley_bandit.gif

<span style="color: #FF0000">~ Rico</span></span>

I have used both ARMS and LaRue. I have never had trouble with either one. ARMS has been around for a long while. Has this ARMS issue always been a factor or like Leupold's scopes: has the quality gone down over the years?

I think LaRue is making a bold move, but I also think it is rediculous to purposely break an ARMS mount just to get a new LaRue. That totally defeats the purpose IMO. Give someone an inch and they take a mile. I think it will not effect ARMS as much if they know their product was deliberately broken for a new mount.

I will say this though: I dont think I could break the levers on a larue mount with a pair of pliers. They are much tougher, but I never once broke an ARMS lever either. However, Im not in the sandbox an if our troops are having issues with ARMS that are putting their lives at risk, then ARMS needs to step it up immediately.

Mark,

Have you built any 6.5 Grendel uppers? Something like your 16" "Stealth" model is what I'm looking for.

Thanks,

-Pat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For those that have participated, what's the turnaround time been on the ARMS offer?

And is the LT171 the direct replacement for the 17S?</div></div>

Turnaround was less than a week for me.

Yes, the LT 171 is the direct replacement for the 17S. I have 2 of them for my Atlas's.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paulosantos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've followed the whole ARMS vs Larue debate for years and it is sad that two companies like this have to act like a bunch of fucking school girls by dragging their personal shit online.

I've owned Larue and ARMS mounts in the past and there is no doubt that the Larue Mounts are superior. I still own some Larue mounts and won't be selling them anytime soon, but this bullshit is why Larue has earned that love him or hate him reputation. The guys that love Larue will tell you he is a true American and just fighting for his company, blah, blah, blah. The Larue haters will tell you that he brings this shit upon himself and he should just let his products sell themselves. I just wish he'd handle this shit privately. If ARMS feels like Larue is doing them wrong, it is their right to sue them whether we like it or not or whether we agree with it or not. That is what courts are for.

Where do I stand on this? I think that Larue makes great products and they have great customer service. They have also been a sponsor in one of the recent classes I went to. For that I thank them, but for some reason this campain crap just doesn't sit right. Something just isn't right about asking people to purposely braking another company's gear. I see nothing wrong with asking people for broken ARMS levers that were broken during normal use and using them as evidence.

Good luck with your campain, but I will not and don't support the way you are handling it.

Respectfully (and I do mean respectfully),
Paulo Santos </div></div>

Paulo,

For every action, there is a reaction. Arms threw the first punch here with a frivolous lawsuit. I don't think Mark's reaction is childish or unwarranted one bit. Instead of attacking arms, he is passively allowing the products to speak for themselves. If his products are shit, then people won't trade up for them. That is that. May the best product win.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paulosantos</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LaRueTactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In the interest of full disclosure ... PauloSantos has had a incurable case of the red azz at me for quite a while.

ML </div></div>

Really? You may want to check your records and see how much gear I bought from you guys just in the last year. Sorry if I don't agree with the way you do everything.

Just in this year, I bought an SPRE, two aimpoint M4 mounts, two magnifier mounts, and a bipod with the built in larue mount. I think that is more support than purposely braking shit and asking for free stuff.</div></div>

How is it free?

Free
<span style="font-style: italic">adjective</span>
9. costing nothing; provided without charge

Last I checked, everyone receiving <span style="font-style: italic">free</span> Larue mounts, at one time paid money for an arms mount. Hence, not free.

In case anyone was wondering, replacing the #17S with the LT-171 for the Atlas does carry some logic; not just switching to Larue for the hell of it. No, guaranteed return to zero is not an important point in a bipod mount. What is important is that the LT-171 is adjustable, while the #17S is not. Therefore, you won't have to muscle the shit out of the lever to get the mount off. I never had the #17S; I got the Atlas NC model and the LT-171 separately for just that reason. I was tired of cutting my hands and nearly breaking my fingers monkeying with the arms mounts.

Very good point. I have an Atlas with (now busted) #17S ARMS mount, and it was a royal bitch to put on and off my Seekins rail. Once I changed stocks to a Manners T4, and installed the Atlas rail, it was too loose. Go freakin figure, the adjustability of the LT-171 is a great fix.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LaRueTactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paulosantos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Speaking of Aimpoints, you may want to send out an open style wrench with your Aimpoint M4 medium mounts for the M4s. The battery compartment of the M4s blocks the adjustment lever with the medium mount. </div></div>

So, adjust / tailor mount to the rail it gonna be run on ... then install Aimpoint. Drive confidently on. </div></div>

Maybe you misunderstood what I wrote so I'll give you the benifit of the doubt and explain it in detail so there is no confusion:

I purchased the Amipoint M4s and the Larue 659 Night Medium mount for the Aimpoint M4s. I installed the Aimpoint M4s on the LT 659 mount and placed it on the upeer receiver, closed the lever and it was too loose. I took the supplied wrench (closed box style) and it wouldnt fit because the battery compartment on the Aimpoint M4s is in the way. So I had to disassemble the Aimpoint M4s from the LT 659 mount and I placed the LT 659 on the upper reciver and I made the adjustments to the throw lever with the supplied wrench (closed box style). I then re-installed the Aimpoint M4s on the LT 659 Mount and placed it on the upper receiver and it was perfect. I then attempted to place the Aimpoint 3xMagnifier behind the Aimpoint M4s and it wouldn't fit because I had to move the Aimpoint M4s forward on the rail 1 slot. I moved the Aimpoint forward on the rail and now the throw lever was too tight. I'm not going to bore you with more details, but I had to disassemble the unit again and readjust the lever. So my suggestion is for you to supply an open end wrench, like the ones you used to supply years ago.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paulosantos</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LaRueTactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paulosantos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Speaking of Aimpoints, you may want to send out an open style wrench with your Aimpoint M4 medium mounts for the M4s. The battery compartment of the M4s blocks the adjustment lever with the medium mount. </div></div>

So, adjust / tailor mount to the rail it gonna be run on ... then install Aimpoint. Drive confidently on. </div></div>

Maybe you misunderstood what I wrote so I'll give you the benifit of the doubt and explain it in detail so there is no confusion:

I purchased the Amipoint M4s and the Larue 659 Night Medium mount for the Aimpoint M4s. I installed the Aimpoint M4s on the LT 659 mount and placed it on the upeer receiver, closed the lever and it was too loose. I took the supplied wrench (closed box style) and it wouldnt fit because the battery compartment on the Aimpoint M4s is in the way. So I had to disassemble the Aimpoint M4s from the LT 659 mount and I placed the LT 659 on the upper reciver and I made the adjustments to the throw lever with the supplied wrench (closed box style). I then re-installed the Aimpoint M4s on the LT 659 Mount and placed it on the upper receiver and it was perfect. I then attempted to place the Aimpoint 3xMagnifier behind the Aimpoint M4s and it wouldn't fit because I had to move the Aimpoint M4s forward on the rail 1 slot. I moved the Aimpoint forward on the rail and now the throw lever was too tight. I'm not going to bore you with more details, but I had to disassemble the unit again and readjust the lever. So my suggestion is for you to supply an open end wrench, like the ones you used to supply years ago. </div></div>

Uh, that's what I said ... adjust the lever, then install the Aimpoint ...

ETA - adjust the lever at/to the slot it's gonna sit on the rail, exactly there ... and you may use our new slot markers to keep it located correctly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LaRueTactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paulosantos</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LaRueTactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paulosantos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Speaking of Aimpoints, you may want to send out an open style wrench with your Aimpoint M4 medium mounts for the M4s. The battery compartment of the M4s blocks the adjustment lever with the medium mount. </div></div>

I purchased the Amipoint M4s and the Larue 659 Night Medium mount for the Aimpoint M4s. I installed the Aimpoint M4s on the LT 659 mount and placed it on the upeer receiver, closed the lever and it was too loose. I took the supplied wrench (closed box style) and it wouldnt fit because the battery compartment on the Aimpoint M4s is in the way. So I had to disassemble the Aimpoint M4s from the LT 659 mount and I placed the LT 659 on the upper reciver and I made the adjustments to the throw lever with the supplied wrench (closed box style). I then re-installed the Aimpoint M4s on the LT 659 Mount and placed it on the upper receiver and it was perfect. I then attempted to place the Aimpoint 3xMagnifier behind the Aimpoint M4s and it wouldn't fit because I had to move the Aimpoint M4s forward on the rail 1 slot. I moved the Aimpoint forward on the rail and now the throw lever was too tight. I'm not going to bore you with more details, but I had to disassemble the unit again and readjust the lever. So my suggestion is for you to supply an open end wrench, like the ones you used to supply years ago. </div></div>

Uh, that's what I said ... adjust the lever, then install the Aimpoint ...

ETA - adjust the lever at/to the slot it's gonna sit on the rail, exactly there ... and you may use our new slot markers to keep it located correctly. </div></div>

You are slipping Mark. Maybe you should spend less time playing around on the Internet and more time in listening to customers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paulosantos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
LaRueTactical said:
[quote=paulosantos<snip>
You are slipping Mark. Maybe you should spend less time playing around on the Internet and more time in listening to customers. </div></div>

I knew it would come around to me suckin' ...

Yes, yes, I suck, I'm stupid, I "should stop playing on the internet" ... blah, blah, blah.

Later dudely,

ML

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LaRueTactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paulosantos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
LaRueTactical said:
paulosantos<snip> You are slipping Mark. Maybe you should spend less time playing around on the Internet and more time in listening to customers. </div></div> I knew it would come around to me suckin' ... Yes said:
<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/shocked.gif[/img]
laugh.gif

Just bustin on you. You are too easy Mark. Happy holidays to you and your crew.

Later.
By the way, Bruce Springstein sucks, even if he is also from NJ.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LaRueTactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i wouldn't run larue gear if it was given to me. he is an arrogant ass. i'll give him credit for his donations to the calguns foundation but that is about as far as my respect goes for him. </div></div>

Arrogant ass - interesting you have the name sniper in your screenname, as they are some of my favorite folks, and some know I bend over backwards for them and the task they are sent out with.

Ass ... out.
</div></div>

i don't need to tell how much or to who i have donated money to in order to stroke my ego. unlike some people.

found any good stuff while searching for your own name on al gore's internet lately?

I love the "you're a dick" posts finally followed up by the "let's be friends" post.

FWIW Mark,
The only piece of ARMS kit I have is the #40L back up sight on my AR. On principle, I will buy your product from now on. As a businessman, I know what kind of chicken shit this is from ARMS. Keep fighting the fight.

...an arrogant player in the gun world...this should be a headline in the major papers!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveV</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love the "you're a dick" posts finally followed up by the "let's be friends" post. </div></div>

Maybe if you knew the history you'd understand. I never said I hated the guy. I just don't agree with him on this. If people want to get all but hurt and bent out of shape, that is their problem. Sorry if I actually have independent thinking instead of having the typical herd mentality that is prevelent on BARFCOM.

Sadly, absolutism runs pretty deep throughout any firearms-related community. If you deviate even slightly, you're automatically lumped in with the other extreme of the argument.
wink.gif